PDA

View Full Version : Sad state of affairs on this once excellent bosrd

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 19:51
When a thread about the sad passing of a fellow supporter gets three responses but threads about Croesy get far more.

Most of which is utter tripe. As usual.

Elysium
12-07-15, 19:53
When a thread about the sad passing of a fellow supporter gets three responses but threads about Croesy get far more.RIP bluebird.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 19:58
When a thread about the sad passing of a fellow supporter gets three responses but threads about Croesy get far more.
Most of which is utter tripe. As usual.Add your respects to his thread croesy, bump it up , nobody will see it on here

Elysium
12-07-15, 19:59
I could not agree with you more.Will do, no problem.

SLUDGE FACTORY
12-07-15, 20:01
I could not agree with you more.
It's a very sad state of affairs indeed.Good man

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 20:03
I could not agree with you more.But come on the rest of you,add your respects to the Martin Thomas thread.

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 20:23
It's a very sad state of affairs indeed.Typical

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 20:27
It's a very sad state of affairs indeed.
RIP bluebird.I'm sure they will respond once they see this

Llanblue2
12-07-15, 20:31
R.I.P. Bluebird

Elysium
12-07-15, 20:47
RIP bluebird.
Add your respects to his thread croesy, bump it up , nobody will see it on here It would appear that many of them are.

olderblue
12-07-15, 20:51
Couldn't agree more, it's a shame but some people seem to constantly crave attention on here,sad really

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 20:51
RIP bluebird.
Add your respects to his thread croesy, bump it up , nobody will see it on here
Will do, no problem.I see more have responded, good.

Elysium
12-07-15, 20:53
RIP bluebird.
Add your respects to his thread croesy, bump it up , nobody will see it on here
Will do, no problem.
Well done Croesy. And Sludge who had of course already responded.And sadly many more haven't

Elwood Blues
12-07-15, 22:01
Glad to see a lot more have contributed to the condolence thread.

Is it too much to hope that we avoid some of the more ridiculous rucks for the next day or so???

Not holding my breath mind.

Mick the Miller
13-07-15, 04:38
Unfortunately the title of the thread does not help really.
Thanks for the lecture btw.

Vimana.
13-07-15, 04:52
Had just noted the same thing Mick.

As for the two posters holding some kind of judgement toward people over whether they have posted in a RIP thread yet or not? .. Crikey.

I'm sure both are committed to help rejuvenate this place though.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 04:54
Unfortunately the title of the thread does not help really.I'm not sure why the title doesn't help,says precisely what I meant.

saganspirit
13-07-15, 06:44
Thanks for the lecture btw.You are sounding a bit precious, flower...

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 08:09
Not a lecture Michael. An observation.Why, because I don't like the ridiculous yah booing that some in here insist on inflicting upon the rest of us day after day???

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 08:26
Had just noted the same thing Mick.I'm not sure what is the same thing you spotted that Mick had incidentally. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

TH63
13-07-15, 08:29
Not a lecture Michael. An observation.
A lecture would have been far longer.You've previously been quite critical of having that separate forum.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 08:36
Not a lecture Michael. An observation.
A lecture would have been far longer.
I'm not sure why the title doesn't help,says precisely what I meant.I still am. It seems pointless to me as you can almost always tell which are the political threads and ignore them if you want to,and as I pointed out a couple of weeks ago now the election has gone, they are few and far between anyway.

lardy
13-07-15, 08:38
I still am. It seems pointless to me as you can almost always tell which are the political threads and ignore them if you want to,and as I pointed out a couple of weeks ago now the election has gone, they are few and far between anyway.Surely it's just as easy to tell which are the threads on the main board that have descended into anarchy and ignore them.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 08:42
I still am. It seems pointless to me as you can almost always tell which are the political threads and ignore them if you want to,and as I pointed out a couple of weeks ago now the election has gone, they are few and far between anyway.
Surely it's just as easy to tell which are the threads on the main board that have descended into anarchy and ignore them.And you often get sensible discussion interspersed with junk.

lardy
13-07-15, 08:48
I still am. It seems pointless to me as you can almost always tell which are the political threads and ignore them if you want to,and as I pointed out a couple of weeks ago now the election has gone, they are few and far between anyway.
Surely it's just as easy to tell which are the threads on the main board that have descended into anarchy and ignore them.
Not always. Some threads start OK and then degenerate in the middle.It just doesn't make sense. If you can advise people to ignore the political threads then it's just as easy to avoid the bickering ones yourself.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 09:06
Surely it's just as easy to tell which are the threads on the main board that have descended into anarchy and ignore them.
Not always. Some threads start OK and then degenerate in the middle.
And you often get sensible discussion interspersed with junk.And it is often not on the first page but further sown

lardy
13-07-15, 09:07
And you often get sensible discussion interspersed with junk.
You must have read enough of the threads to know the warning signs. If it is beginning to degenerate halfway down the first page and its four pages long then you stop reading. And that's the point you stop reading it.

TH63
13-07-15, 09:22
And you often get sensible discussion interspersed with junk.Certain posters are like nitrogen and glycerine. Harmless enough on their own, but put them together an "boom" eg. Archie/Feedy (fortunately mostly confined to the politics forum these days); Croesy/Calon Lan/Colonel etc Again, steer well clear

Colonel Cærdiffi
13-07-15, 09:30
Another thread ruined by petty bickering.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 09:30
You must have read enough of the threads to know the warning signs. If it is beginning to degenerate halfway down the first page and its four pages long then you stop reading. I'm just fed up with it particularly when it spreads beyond the politics threads.

Divine Wright
13-07-15, 10:11
When a thread about the sad passing of a fellow supporter gets three responses but threads about Croesy get far more.I tend to ignore the Croesy threads. Boring.

TH63
13-07-15, 10:13
You must have read enough of the threads to know the warning signs. If it is beginning to degenerate halfway down the first page and its four pages long then you stop reading.
It just doesn't make sense. If you can advise people to ignore the political threads then it's just as easy to avoid the bickering ones yourself.Well I was fed up with all the Feedy/Archie nonsense, so am personally delighted that they've got their own little forum to scram each others eyes out on.

lardy
13-07-15, 10:14
Most of which is utter tripe. As usual.Yeah, I'm the same but I didn't want to say it. The RIP threads are sad, of course, but I feel I'd be cheapening the very genuine posts made by old acquaintances if I responded.

Feedback
13-07-15, 10:15
Bit self-righteous aren't you ? this is my take on it. The RIP threads are very sad, but it feels as if you're intruding on what is a very personal time.

Jordi Culé
13-07-15, 10:19
Most of which is utter tripe. As usual. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Colonel Cærdiffi
13-07-15, 10:27
Bit self-righteous aren't you ?
I always read the 'passed-away" threads but if I don't know the guy (or gal) I don't write some empty gesture for the sake of it. If you don't know someone then invariably, whilst regretful, it is just part of life and isn't something that particularly effects you on a personal level and as such anything I'd write down would be false. Of course, in this thread Croesy saw it as an opportunity to provoke other posters but nothing surprises me about that sick puppy any more unfortunately.

Vimana.
13-07-15, 10:31
Had just noted the same thing Mick.
As for the two posters holding some kind of judgement toward people over whether they have posted in a RIP thread yet or not? .. Crikey. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/smiley.gif

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 10:40
Let me clarify something.

I wasn't saying posters must sign the condolence thread.

I was just fed up of some of the constant drivel on here when other probably more worthy posts get bypassed.

I wasn't being self righteous as one poster so impolitely put it as I've probably done the same myself in the past.

Just got fed up with the constant bickering

Vimana.
13-07-15, 10:50
I did not say that you stated that posters must sign anything.

The death of a 52 year old Bluebird is an incredibly sad occurrance and warrants the respect of fellow Bluebirds.

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 11:15
Let me clarify something.I was going to respond to your other post but this thread is in danger of drifting the wrong way and no matter how I phrase a response someone is going to misunderstand it.

Divine Wright
13-07-15, 12:15
Let me clarify something.Not to worry.

Heathccfc
13-07-15, 12:22
Let me clarify something.I do think that with the popularity of social media, some will pass thier respects via that medium, it's not something we should be falling out over IMO.

Elysium
13-07-15, 15:41
Bit self-righteous aren't you ?
I always read the 'passed-away" threads but if I don't know the guy (or gal) I don't write some empty gesture for the sake of it. If you don't know someone then invariably, whilst regretful, it is just part of life and isn't something that particularly effects you on a personal level and as such anything I'd write down would be false.
I tend to ignore the Croesy threads. Boring. Eh?

ragbone
13-07-15, 16:33
When a thread about the sad passing of a fellow supporter gets three responses but threads about Croesy get far more.Yes I do agree , feel guilty myself as I didn't respond , wrapped up in the Ashes moment , great post, we deserved that one http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Elwood Blues
13-07-15, 20:45
I wasn't saying posters must sign the condolence thread. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Divine Wright
13-07-15, 21:06
I wasn't saying posters must sign the condolence thread.
I was just fed up of some of the constant drivel on here when other probably more worthy posts get bypassed.No worries 'bout comment. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif