PDA

View Full Version : Have QPR been punished yet?

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
01-09-15, 16:37
I think I may have missed any announcements.

Mario Miethig
01-09-15, 17:05
Think I read somewhere that their original fine was greatly reduced. If true, then what's the point in FFP, if you get the likes of QPR riding roughshod over them?

jon1959
01-09-15, 17:41
The paper talk a few weeks back was that QPR had managed to negotiate a potential £50m+ fine down to something around £8m

I haven't seen any announcement that confirms that though.

It is really interesting the way the transfer window has gone for them. They still have Austin, Phillips, Fer, Sandro, Traore, Hoilett and others on their books and soaking up wages - and they have brought in a few new faces too.

Although their fans will be happy to hold onto the first two at least (probably Fer too) it means that they have failed to unload most of their expensive players and have not restructured the squad the way they planned.

It won't help with future FFP compliance - if such a thing still exists.

Arfur Europe
01-09-15, 18:25
Well they've got history for getting away with breaking the rules, a la the Faurlin debacle.

ksbenchpwllheli
01-09-15, 18:27
Joke it is

blue matt
01-09-15, 19:11
money talks i am afraid

surge
01-09-15, 19:19
Barcelona have signed more players than Arsenal in this window despite being under transfer embargo. They were under transfer embargo last summer, appealed and had the punishment delayed just long enough so they could buy the players needed to win the double. In the past few years they have gone from historical kit, no sponsor to historical kit charity sponsor, historical kit money making sponsor, re-branded kit and money making sponsor.

It's all bullshit.

ragbone
01-09-15, 19:58
Well they've got history for getting away with breaking the rules, a la the Faurlin debacle.They were taken into a dark room for a bloody good spanking

BLUETIT
01-09-15, 19:59
money talks i am afraidWhat you afraid of then ? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

the other bob wilson
02-09-15, 10:09
The paper talk a few weeks back was that QPR had managed to negotiate a potential £50m+ fine down to something around £8mThat decision sends out all of the wrong signals and they've spent millions during the summer. I know Cardiff City have been one of football's joke clubs for a few years now, but we seem to have, finally, learned some lessons - I really hope QPR don't go up, it will be a disgrace if they do.

Charlie
02-09-15, 10:19
Barcelona have signed more players than Arsenal in this window despite being under transfer embargo. They were under transfer embargo last summer, appealed and had the punishment delayed just long enough so they could buy the players needed to win the double. In the past few years they have gone from historical kit, no sponsor to historical kit charity sponsor, historical kit money making sponsor, re-branded kit and money making sponsor. I think it was said on the football weekly podcast that they can sign players, but cant play them until the embargo is up.