PDA

View Full Version : Has Emporor Tan actually got it right?

The Penguin
13-09-15, 07:54
Cardiff City play in blue, are second in the table, unbeaten and on a winning streak to be severely scrutinised against Hull.
Wages are down, the team is playing arguably better ( well trying to ) football than under Malky and a man most of us thought was a pudding really does seem to be turning it around.
Tan made a huge mistake over the rebrand, lost huge face in climbing down and selected Slade - under advice I believe as he couldn't possibly know enough. I've said it before, that the pain of the last two years and more would merely be a blip in our history. Maybe it's time to move on.

I'm willing to give Slade credit despite not being fully convinced, but in crediting Slade I am by definition crediting Tan.

Maybe he really isn't a total ****. Do we remain bitter and twisted, or move on?

Laz is a BLUEbird
13-09-15, 07:56
jesus christ

Alex DeLarge
13-09-15, 07:57
Bloody hell, you've given him something to write now.

Laz is a BLUEbird
13-09-15, 07:58
the post is much more stable than the topic

has he got it right?

look at the distain and todays attendance

should tell you everything you need to know about the club we support that is controlled by the ****

Barry Dragon
13-09-15, 08:20
The tide is turning. Last year was a low and we are climbing out of the hell whole we as a club found ourselves in. Are we a success, not yet, but we are going the right way that is for sure.

Has Tan got it right. I think after trying every possible wrong way, he has finally found the right path. To early to be dishing out any credit for success yet.

Just hope the recent positivity carries on.

Laz is a BLUEbird
13-09-15, 08:25
right path my arse, cutting his bloody losses more like

bobh
13-09-15, 08:28
right path my arse, cutting his bloody losses more like http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

Barry Dragon
13-09-15, 08:35
I agree there has been an element of cutting his losses in getting in Slade, reducing the team and their wages, but that is what the club needed in hindsight. Years of mismanagement needed to be unravelled, this has been done and we are able to rebuild.

So far we are better off for the club cutting back.

Laz is a BLUEbird
13-09-15, 08:38
I agree there has been an element of cutting his losses in getting in Slade, reducing the team and their wages, but that is what the club needed in hindsight. Years of mismanagement needed to be unravelled, this has been done and we are able to rebuild.my point is, i dont think hes doing it for us, hes doing it for him

The Alien
13-09-15, 08:42
I agree there has been an element of cutting his losses in getting in Slade, reducing the team and their wages, but that is what the club needed in hindsight. Years of mismanagement needed to be unravelled, this has been done and we are able to rebuild.
So far we are better off for the club cutting back.Here's a thought. If we are in a top 2 spot come January will Tan be tempted to slash his cash in an hope of getting another season in the sun???

Barry Dragon
13-09-15, 08:45
He's a rampant capitalist. He was only ever doingg it for him. Initially we were a play thing, he abused that play thing and we bit back. last year we were an annoyance and he wanted to cut back his losses, by pure fluke that has worked well for us.

Don't ever think that man will do anything that is not for his benefit

bobh
13-09-15, 08:54
He's a rampant capitalist. He was only ever doingg it for him. Initially we were a play thing, he abused that play thing and we bit back. last year we were an annoyance and he wanted to cut back his losses, by pure fluke that has worked well for us. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

The Penguin
13-09-15, 10:09
He's a rampant capitalist. He was only ever doingg it for him. Initially we were a play thing, he abused that play thing and we bit back. last year we were an annoyance and he wanted to cut back his losses, by pure fluke that has worked well for us.I'm not one of the holier than thou brigade.

Under the Splott-light
13-09-15, 10:20
He's a rampant capitalist. He was only ever doingg it for him. Initially we were a play thing, he abused that play thing and we bit back. last year we were an annoyance and he wanted to cut back his losses, by pure fluke that has worked well for us.
Don't ever think that man will do anything that is not for his benefithttp://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

The Penguin
13-09-15, 10:26
I agree 100% but........It's football, it's not really life and death like that old Shankly fella said. If my wife can look me in the eye and say I'm good in bed then I can smile at Tan.

Barry Shitpeas
13-09-15, 11:17
The trouble with tan is you really never know for sure whether he actually has any kind of master plan at all, or if he's just making it up as he goes along. The evidence so far would point to the latter.
He's been to one game now in over eighteen months and hardly talks about us in the media any more. It does now seem as though he has washed his hands of us, and tasked Choo and Dalman to try and make us an attractive investment opportunity, hence the cost cutting, the return to blue, the nice kit, Choo sitting in with the fans at away games etc. It is some ask, but so far they seem to be doing ok. Obviously we need to get promoted for us to become an attractive proposition.
The question for me is, how long will tan give it?

14TheFuture
13-09-15, 12:52
It'd be fantastic, absolutely fantastic if Slade could indeed show Tan his wealth isn't necessarily needed. His claim was his money got Mackay promotion, which I totally disagreed with. If Slade can do it on a budget I think Tan really would wake-up and take notice.

cityviking
13-09-15, 12:58
Cardiff City play in blue, are second in the table, unbeaten and on a winning streak to be severely scrutinised against Hull.Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

TT BLUEBIRD
13-09-15, 13:02
Pity Tan hasn't got the backing of the supporters, wasn't yesterday's attendance the lowest for a league fixture at the CCS?

TruBlue
13-09-15, 13:04
If he has got it "right" I would guess it's more by luck than judgement.

Laz is a BLUEbird
13-09-15, 17:03
I agree 100% but........thank god its not just me who thought this when reading it

Wrong Side of the Severn
13-09-15, 17:33
So far we are better off for the club cutting back.If you had lost a lot of money who would you do it for? A club with which you have no real affinity and (in his eyes a bunch of ungrateful supporters) or yourself. If you owned a club in Malaysia which was hemorrhaging money left right and centre wouldn't you cut costs? Don't say he can afford it; there are plenty of other things to lose shed loads of money on.

Ray Mears
13-09-15, 17:36
I agree 100% but........
He owns the club and sadly football clubs are owned by capitalists (communists couldn't afford one). We becry our lot but sadly we are essentially in the same position as many other clubs.Too right, its only football, so we should be prepared to suck up loads to Tan as its only football which means its not important, but unimportant in a way that suggests we should pretend to like someone for it.

Barry Shitpeas
13-09-15, 18:31
I agree 100% but........
He owns the club and sadly football clubs are owned by capitalists (communists couldn't afford one). We becry our lot but sadly we are essentially in the same position as many other clubs.I'm interested how the fans pretending to like him is supposed to manifest itself. Perhaps we could get a group of us together and film a sycophantic, vomit inducing video for his birthday?

Laz is a BLUEbird
14-09-15, 03:22
my point is, i dont think hes doing it for us, hes doing it for himbut then again i assume youre drunk or on acid

Laz is a BLUEbird
14-09-15, 03:23
I agree 100% but........
He owns the club and sadly football clubs are owned by capitalists (communists couldn't afford one). We becry our lot but sadly we are essentially in the same position as many other clubs.
So the crux is that we might become successful but never like the owner or we might end up in non league football with a wealthy Cardiffian bankrolling us. I've always thought we should be smarter as fans and let Tan hear what he wants to hear. Making him feel loved is not the same as loving him. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

bluebirds over.......
14-09-15, 06:45
Don't ever think that man will do anything that is not for his benefitAll sounds a bit two faced for my liking.

Wrong Side of the Severn
14-09-15, 07:04
my point is, i dont think hes doing it for us, hes doing it for him
If you had lost a lot of money who would you do it for? A club with which you have no real affinity and (in his eyes a bunch of ungrateful supporters) or yourself. If you owned a club in Malaysia which was hemorrhaging money left right and centre wouldn't you cut costs? Don't say he can afford it; there are plenty of other things to lose shed loads of money on.It wasn't a statement; it was a question which you haven't answered.

bluebirds over.......
14-09-15, 07:14
Having been a supporter since a nipper for over 40 years and in that time rarely missing a home game this is the first season i have not attended and on saturday was at a festival watching my boy play without once checking to see how City were doing.Having watched us through the dungeon years it's certainly nothing to do with poor style of football as the joy was the rollercoaster ride of the ups and downs,we were shite but City were our shite but for me it's been the behaviour of both our support and Tan in our quest to get to the premiership, the way Tan was willing to spit in the face of once loyal fans and the acceptance by the majority to go along with anything as long as we made the premier league has left such a bitter taste that i no longer want to go.Hopefully one day the buzz will come back but at present the whole premier league scenario has left a scar.

the other bob wilson
14-09-15, 07:15
my point is, i dont think hes doing it for us, hes doing it for himI thought he had loaned the club most of this money he has supposed to have lost - loans that were going to be turned into equity three years ago, so the club's line went at the time.

The Penguin
14-09-15, 07:41
i don't denty it but think on this.....

The massive protests we had to oust Sam Hammam, to stop him coming to this club after dismantling Wimbledon? That's right, I don't remember them.

We embraced Hammam because he soft soaped us, treated us like fools and told us things we liked to hear.

Sam Hammam my Lord, Sam Hammam, oh lord Sam Hammam.

How two faced was he, and how two faced were we in accepting him as a long lost saviour despite what he had publicly done to our football fan brethren elsewhere?

How many people have that stupid stupid badge tattooed on their bodies forever?

Two-faced? Me?

I might not be alone. Im willing to be nice to the man to his face if it helps my football team.

lardy
14-09-15, 08:07
i don't denty it but think on this.....Are you trying to tell us that you haven't learned from your mistakes?

Under the Splott-light
14-09-15, 08:13
Im willing to be nice to the man to his face if it helps my football team.You won't have to, he only follows "Cadiff City" in The Premier League.

bluebirds over.......
14-09-15, 08:15
i don't denty it but think on this.....So what you're saying is you don't like the guy and what he's done but to his face pretend you do like him? Sorry but that goes against the grain for me.

Wrong Side of the Severn
14-09-15, 08:28
my point is, i dont think hes doing it for us, hes doing it for him
If you had lost a lot of money who would you do it for? A club with which you have no real affinity and (in his eyes a bunch of ungrateful supporters) or yourself. If you owned a club in Malaysia which was hemorrhaging money left right and centre wouldn't you cut costs? Don't say he can afford it; there are plenty of other things to lose shed loads of money on.Tan has "lost" the money because he has no realistic way of getting it back as the value of loans far exceeds the value of the club. There are other posts on this subject.

TH63
14-09-15, 08:58
"Emporor" http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sherlock.gif

The Penguin
14-09-15, 16:57
The massive protests we had to oust Sam Hammam, to stop him coming to this club after dismantling Wimbledon? That's right, I don't remember them.Medicine doesn't always taste good.

lardy
14-09-15, 17:07
We win three games out of six and all is forgiven, Tan is a genius.

Under the Splott-light
14-09-15, 17:08
The massive protests we had to oust Sam Hammam, to stop him coming to this club after dismantling Wimbledon? That's right, I don't remember them.
We embraced Hammam because he soft soaped us, treated us like fools and told us things we liked to hear.Medicine, or semen..?