PDA

View Full Version : Confused why we didn't make a bid for Emyr Huws

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 14:00
Having played for both Man City and Wigan in the premiership, albeit on the fringe of the squads his talent would not have been in any doubt at this level.

And his clever runs into the box and his lethal left foot ensures he has his fair share of goals.

As he was looking for a club in the last transfer window, we are desperate for some pace in the middle of the park, he's from south Wales so would settle quickly in the area, and Trollope must have spent some considerable time with him with the various Welsh squads, he would have been ideal for us.

Also, he wouldn't have cost us anything other than wages/signing on fee.

Alas, he didn't seem to enter Slade's radar and I can't fathom out why?

TruBlue
27-09-15, 14:03
Is he your new Welsh crush?

Penarth Blues
27-09-15, 14:08
He's had a number of injuries I thought? He'd have been slated on here for getting yet another injured player in if he hadn't recovered properly. However I agree it's a shame - would have been nice to have a local lad to support

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 14:13
Is he your new Welsh crush? A new Aaron Ramsey in the making. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 14:15
He's had a number of injuries I thought? He'd have been slated on here for getting yet another injured player in if he hadn't recovered properly. However I agree it's a shame - would have been nice to have a local lad to supportYou're right he did suffer a number of injuries but he seems to be banging them in for Huddersfield at the moment.

ken smith
27-09-15, 14:15
He's had a number of injuries I thought? He'd have been slated on here for getting yet another injured player in if he hadn't recovered properly. However I agree it's a shame - would have been nice to have a local lad to supportLlanelli isnt local.

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 14:17
He's had a number of injuries I thought? He'd have been slated on here for getting yet another injured player in if he hadn't recovered properly. However I agree it's a shame - would have been nice to have a local lad to support
Llanelli isnt local. It's a lot more local than Chesterfield and Rotherham. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

ken smith
27-09-15, 15:24
Not as local as Bristol though.

the other bob wilson
27-09-15, 16:08
With Terry Phillips now saying we did not pay a fee for Saadi,

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-talking-points-after-10143121? (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-talking-points-after-10143121?)

my guess is that Wigan wanting a fee for Huws put him out of our price range - maybe things would have been different if Marshall or someone like Noone was sold, but if Terry is right about Saadi then it looks like Russell Slade had a minimal transfer/wages budget to work with.

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 16:50
With Terry Phillips now saying we did not pay a fee for Saadi, Possibly, although I can't imagine that a loan fee For Huws would be all that much.

ninianboy1
27-09-15, 16:58
Not as local as Bristol though.What exactly is your point? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

ken smith
27-09-15, 18:46
Hes not a local player he just happens to be Welsh. Unless players are from the catchment area they are not one of us. He may as well be from Chesterfield or Rotherham or Bristol.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 10:45
Hes not a local player he just happens to be Welsh. Unless players are from the catchment area they are not one of us. He may as well be from Chesterfield or Rotherham or Bristol. What a load of nonsense. We have lots of fans from the Carmarthenshire area but I doubt we have any that are natives of Bristol, Chesterfield or Rotherham. While we might share it with Swansea, Carmarthenshire is a definitely within our catchment area too.

Zenith
28-09-15, 12:04
He would have been good, but too injury prone (for now). If we were building a Championship winning team then I would have had him here in a flash, but the manager wants his players to be getting 40+ games a season immediately, and seemingly has his team set anyway.

Besides, Huws needs a good season with lots of games to get into the Wales squad next summer, as do all of the players.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 12:16
He would have been good, but too injury prone (for now). If we were building a Championship winning team then I would have had him here in a flash, but the manager wants his players to be getting 40+ games a season immediately, and seemingly has his team set anyway. No reason why he can't do 40 games this season and I think he would be an improvement on both Ralls and Pilkington in our current midfield.

Zenith
28-09-15, 12:19
He would have been good, but too injury prone (for now). If we were building a Championship winning team then I would have had him here in a flash, but the manager wants his players to be getting 40+ games a season immediately, and seemingly has his team set anyway.
Besides, Huws needs a good season with lots of games to get into the Wales squad next summer, as do all of the players.The reason is because he's had bad injuries the past 3 seasons and the likelihood of another can't be ruled out therefore he would be a risk for any team to rely on.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 12:22
Besides, Huws needs a good season with lots of games to get into the Wales squad next summer, as do all of the players.
No reason why he can't do 40 games this season and I think he would be an improvement on both Ralls and Pilkington in our current midfield.I agree there would be some risk but as it was only a loan deal on offer the risk would be limited.

Heisenberg
28-09-15, 13:24
I'm not having a go at you, ninianboy, as there have been a lot of threads like this, but I always find them a bit odd.

How do you know that Slade didn't try to sign him? Huws might've wanted a guarantee of first team football and Slade couldn't promise it because of wanting the Dikgacoi and Whitts partnership in the centre.

In reality, he might've tried to sign 100 different players in the summer (maybe even Darcy http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/getmycoat.gif ) - just because they aren't reported on WalesOnline, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What people need to remember is: the only players that we really know the club have tried to sign are the ones who actually end up here. The rest is mostly speculation.

Zenith
28-09-15, 13:26
I'm not having a go at you, ninianboy, as there have been a lot of threads like this, but I always find them a bit odd. On the contrary, it's a football messageboard and if people want to speculate why we didn't go for said player, then so be it.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 13:30
I'm not having a go at you, ninianboy, as there have been a lot of threads like this, but I always find them a bit odd. Fair points However, if City wanted Huws then I'm sure he would have favoured us over Huddersfield, particularly with the Trollope links.

Heisenberg
28-09-15, 13:50
Can't quote for some reason.

Zenith, my point is that it seems fruitless to speculate about us not trying to sign a player that we may have actually attempted to sign. I'm not saying people can't speculate, I just find it a bit odd for the reasons stated.

Ninianboy, Huws may have a home and a family in the North of England for all I know. He might have lived in Manchester for a lot of his life and has tried to stay as near to that area as possible - hence choosing Wigan and Huddersfield. It's hard to guess why a footballer makes any decision.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 14:00
Can't quote for some reason. From what I understand, his family moved from north Wales to Llanelli. However, perhaps he can't stand them and like many youngsters wants to move away and live his own life. He's certainly moved around quite a few football clubs.

ken smith
28-09-15, 18:51
Hes not a local player he just happens to be Welsh. Unless players are from the catchment area they are not one of us. He may as well be from Chesterfield or Rotherham or Bristol.
What a load of nonsense. We have lots of fans from the Carmarthenshire area but I doubt we have any that are natives of Bristol, Chesterfield or Rotherham. While we might share it with Swansea, Carmarthenshire is a definitely within our catchment area too.If you look at the rugby thread we have quite a few English fans.

ninianboy1
28-09-15, 18:56
What a load of nonsense. We have lots of fans from the Carmarthenshire area but I doubt we have any that are natives of Bristol, Chesterfield or Rotherham. While we might share it with Swansea, Carmarthenshire is a definitely within our catchment area too.
If you look at the rugby thread we have quite a few English fans. We have no significant support from people born and living in English cities. But we do have support from people born and living in places like Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire, albeit we share these areas with the Jacks.