PDA

View Full Version : First v Fifth Saturday

Lawnmower
28-09-15, 20:46
Top of the table clashes and we are part of it.

Other game looks a cracker- Reading v Boro.

Good to see nobody is getting carried away, but it does seem that there is little genuine belief we can keep this up.

Personally I'm not expecting much from Saturday, although I have to say Brighton's early season form has taken me by surprise.

A win down there could perhaps light a few fires amongst our fans , or a draw and a win a Preston would set things up nice for the Boro game .

Penarth Blues
28-09-15, 20:53
Truth is we're towards the top end of 22 teams who are all within 9 points of each other at this stage, so it's still far too early to know how we're doing. We're in a good position right now but should be much better off I think - losing to Rotherham was careless and we should have beaten Fulham too while they were still struggling to get their team to gel.

We've now lost a bit of the advantage that having a settled side brings at the start of the season, so should expect things to get more difficult from here on in. Having said that, only Hull so far of the teams to visit the CCS have looked to be that much stronger than us.

To sum up: the Championship is going to be tight again this year as it is every year http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/smiley.gif

Lawnmower
28-09-15, 20:56
Truth is we're towards the top end of 22 teams who are all within 9 points of each other at this stage, so it's still far too early to know how we're doing. We're in a good position right now but should be much better off I think - losing to Rotherham was careless and we should have beaten Fulham too while they were still struggling to get their team to gel.I think we'll know where we are after that lot.

Penarth Blues
28-09-15, 21:13
Truth is we're towards the top end of 22 teams who are all within 9 points of each other at this stage, so it's still far too early to know how we're doing. We're in a good position right now but should be much better off I think - losing to Rotherham was careless and we should have beaten Fulham too while they were still struggling to get their team to gel.
We've now lost a bit of the advantage that having a settled side brings at the start of the season, so should expect things to get more difficult from here on in. Having said that, only Hull so far of the teams to visit the CCS have looked to be that much stronger than us.Not sure about the Hull game, I thought we huffed and puffed but never threatened their goal really. I always felt they had another gear if needed, but Manga's mistake for the second meant they never required it. It also reinforced our lack of guile when it came to trying to find different ways through a good defence. The Charlton game highlighted this again.

Lawnmower
28-09-15, 21:44
We've now lost a bit of the advantage that having a settled side brings at the start of the season, so should expect things to get more difficult from here on in. Having said that, only Hull so far of the teams to visit the CCS have looked to be that much stronger than us.
To sum up: the Championship is going to be tight again this year as it is every year http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/smiley.gifLet's not forget the 3 or 4 penalty decisions which went against us .