PDA

View Full Version : Question for parents of young children.

dave jones attacking sub
06-10-15, 20:18
Regarding showers and baths etc.

After reading something in the news today about an American celeb being called a pervert and child abuser online for taking a shower selfie with his 2 year old son, I was quite shocked.

I've never taken a selfie, never mind posted one online so that's not my issue, but I couldn't see anything wrong with what he did in that respect.

I've been showering with my daughter since pretty much her birth and she is now nearly 3, me being naked has never come up, she's never asked about it and I obviously never considered it wrong, strange or abusive, so today's news shocked me abit. I consider it nothing more than getting us both washed as quick as possible when I don't have the wife at home to have her while I shower. Anyway, today's outburst across the Internet has made me realise I can't do it for ever, and question is she already to old? Should I be wearing swimming shorts. How old did you with your children and what are your views?

Colonel Cćrdiffi
06-10-15, 20:25
Regarding showers and baths etc.You've done nothing wrong, everyone else can just sod off.

Charlie
06-10-15, 20:34
Nothing wrong in that at all, I've bathed with my kids at that age in the nip, so did my wife.
Cant remember what age we stopped but it wasn't for modesty sake more so that the kids could fill the bath with toys and piss about.

Lawley Kazoo
06-10-15, 20:37
Regarding showers and baths etc.
After reading something in the news today about an American celeb being called a pervert and child abuser online for taking a shower selfie with his 2 year old son, I was quite shocked.Taking a selfie and posting it is just plain f•cking weird though.

dave jones attacking sub
06-10-15, 20:39
Glad for these responses, only got the one so not been through it before. Although we seem to be in a minority based on the Internet responses!

ian gibson
06-10-15, 20:41
Nothing wrong with it. I still shower with my kids and they're 32, 28, 19 and 14. Perfectly normal behaviour here in the valleys.

redjk
06-10-15, 20:44
I've showered with my 2 kids within the last month, and neither of them have any concept about of being ashamed or shy about being naked at all with anyone. ThTs bound to change as they get older, can't see the problem with this American guy though

dave jones attacking sub
06-10-15, 20:44
The idea of sitting there to take a picture of my face for any reason other than a passport is weird to me. But with the constant need for approval of one's life online, I'm sure he was looking for people to say how cute it was and got it wrong!

Lawley Kazoo
06-10-15, 20:47
Nothing wrong with it. I still shower with my kids and they're 32, 28, 19 and 14. Perfectly normal behaviour here in the valleys.Showers!!? Done well for yourself is it? My mate lives in Ponty and he still has a tin bath in front of the fire.

redjk
06-10-15, 20:47
Mine are 5 and 2

ian gibson
06-10-15, 20:51
Nothing wrong with it. I still shower with my kids and they're 32, 28, 19 and 14. Perfectly normal behaviour here in the valleys.
Showers!!? Done well for yourself is it? My mate lives in Ponty and he still has a tin bath in front of the fire. We wait until the next door neighbours are running a bath, then the wife knocks their door and keeps them talking while their bath overflows and we nip over the back fence and stand under the overflow pipe for a free shower.

Barry Dragon
06-10-15, 22:17
Glad for these responses, only got the one so not been through it before. Although we seem to be in a minority based on the Internet responses!Internet is full of fauxrage these days. They wouldnt care if it wasn't being talked about.

Loya Jirga
06-10-15, 22:50
Regarding showers and baths etc.As others have said, you haven't done anything wrong at all. Maybe the outcry is about the taking of a photo and posting it on the net, and not the act of showering with his kid.

poc
07-10-15, 06:53
Showers!!? Done well for yourself is it? My mate lives in Ponty and he still has a tin bath in front of the fire. i used to be 4th in the tin bath , one side was always red hot from the fire and the water looked like a tin of campbells condensed onion soup

BlueWales
07-10-15, 13:56
Nothing wrong with it. I still shower with my kids and they're 32, 28, 19 and 14. Perfectly normal behaviour here in Swansea.Just put that right for you.