PDA

View Full Version : Trust statement

Mario Miethig
14-11-15, 16:06
As a Trust member, I was disappointed by Tim Hartleys statement regarding the
Football League having English inserted into its title. I thought it was embarrassing and made us look silly, as at the end of the day we do play in the English pyramid system.
His comments definitely don't speak for me.

jamieccfc
14-11-15, 16:08
What did he say

Mario Miethig
14-11-15, 16:10
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-supporters-trust-claim-10441693 (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-supporters-trust-claim-10441693)

Lawley Kazoo
14-11-15, 16:17
It wasn't a Trust statement it was a comment Tim made to the Echo. He said it was "a little bit insulting".

Given that all the Welsh clubs were invited to play in the then Football League, and the league being aware that there are Welsh clubs involved I would have to agree that it was at least a bit thoughtless of them to go ahead with the frankly pointless re branding without the courtesy of even consulting the Welsh clubs.

Mario Miethig
14-11-15, 16:28
It wasn't a Trust statement it was a comment Tim made to the Echo. He said it was "a little bit insulting". Did Hartley make a similar comment when we got promoted to the English Premier League?

Mario Miethig
14-11-15, 16:33
As a traditionalist, I'm more unhappy that the Worlds oldest Football League, has been pointlessly rebranded after over 127 years, than any other reasons.

surge
14-11-15, 16:40
It wasn't a Trust statement it was a comment Tim made to the Echo. He said it was "a little bit insulting".
Given that all the Welsh clubs were invited to play in the then Football League, and the league being aware that there are Welsh clubs involved I would have to agree that it was at least a bit thoughtless of them to go ahead with the frankly pointless re branding without the courtesy of even consulting the Welsh clubs. Nevermind, as soon as a German or Spanish club win the champions league the league will rebrand again to BFL or LLFL.

Since62
14-11-15, 18:29
It wasn't a Trust statement it was a comment Tim made to the Echo. He said it was "a little bit insulting". Keith

valley boy
14-11-15, 18:46
Its just Tim Hartley keeping himself in the news again.We are lucky to be playing in the English system so best keep your head down. Ask Rangers or Celtic if they would like to swap with us,they would snap your hand off.

Vimana.
14-11-15, 19:24
If Tim makes a statement, then the press will see / report it as the words of Tim Hartley 'of Cardiff City Trust'.

Same as if , say Mike M made a personal statement about anything to do with Football or CCFC. It would be attributed to Mike Morris 'of Cardiff City Message Board'.

Tim needs to be careful with his personal opinions in public, as he does represent the Trust, even when he isn't actively doing so.