PDA

View Full Version : Where and when to book hotels for France 2016

jnc90
15-12-15, 10:40
Just wondering if there's a general consensus on where pople will be staying for each of the group games in June? I'm looking to book refundable hotels asap (probably already late to the party) and was wondering if anyone's got tips on where to stay?

I've heard people are staying in Lille for the game in Lens? Are people staying bang in the centre for the other 2?

Also, what dates are people planning to check in for the first match and when will you be moving to the next city and so on...?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Barry Dragon
15-12-15, 10:50
Couldn't find anything in lens, so staying in lille. And we have accom in Toulouse. We booked through airbnb, cheaper and you can rent a whole apartment. We have paid less than £30 a night for both lille and Toulouse.

Booked camping in south paris for 1 night to split the trip going down, and a hotel in Paris on the way back.

Arriving day before leaving day after match

jnc90
15-12-15, 11:32
Thanks for advice! Been looking on airbnb too as there seems to be limited options of refundable hotels anywhere near city centre of Bordeaux. Was surprised to find that most of the listings on airbnb are refundable (minus the booking fee) so that's looking like my best option!

Always considering giring a camper and flying to bordeaux and picking up the camper from there!

Barry Dragon
15-12-15, 11:41
Tip for getting any hotels the cheapest available option is search through TripAdvisor, they search all the comparison sites, meaning you get the cheapest price out there. Saved me 50% on our hotel in Paris.

And book asap, places disppaeared rapidly in the first day after the draw, there will be places coming back on as people cancel their bookings for the wrong cities, but that won't be much compared to demand.

@CCFCProgrammes
15-12-15, 11:41
Booked months ago on booking.com all refundable. 47 hotels in total booked. Just a case of cancelling the ones not required