PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

Elysium
15-12-15, 22:29
Smallest crowd for a long, long time.

Good first half, shit second half, as ever.

Kenwynne placing himself in the shop window.

Change in management needed more than change in personel.

Confidence need to be instilled in the team rather than "they were the better team"

It's not going to happen this season but with a management change could happen next year.

Back home soon.

Lesley's Jugs
15-12-15, 22:31
[quote title=Elysium wrote on Tue, 15 December 2015 22:29]Smallest crowd for a long, long time.

Good first half, shit second half, as ever.

Kenwynne placing himself in the shop window.

Change in management needed more than change in personel.

Confidence need to be instilled in the team rather than "they were the better team"

It's not going to happen this season but with a management change could happen next year.

Back home soon.

Worst manager we have ever had. Totally inept

valley boy
15-12-15, 22:38
Small crowd but plenty of nose in fairness and good atmosphere despite the stay aways.Well done to the people who supported you are true die hards.

@CCFCProgrammes
15-12-15, 22:43
Die hards are putting up with slade. Stay away fans have given up on the crap football. Jones saved slade big time tonight.

bobh
15-12-15, 22:51
Die hards are putting up with slade. Stay away fans have given up on the crap football. Jones saved slade big time tonight.The crowd finally started chanting "we want Slade to go", but there were nothing but cheers after the winner went in.

@CCFCProgrammes
15-12-15, 22:54
We did at derby. The truth of the matter is even if dai hunt was the only fan in the ground. Aslong as tan is in charge slade will be there

Jimmy the Jock
15-12-15, 22:58
We did at derby. The truth of the matter is even if dai hunt was the only fan in the ground. Aslong as tan is in charge slade will be thereI dont like Slade by the way but I have to respect him for the quality of football we are watching.

valley boy
15-12-15, 23:06
I am not a big lover of Slade he seems a nice man but like many I am worried about his ability.Having said that I support a team if they win or lose.If you are a fair weather supporter its easy to make an excuse not to come.1.Tan 2.The colour of the shirt 3.Slade.Why not just tell the truth.I am not coming because I only support a winning team.

Loya Jirga
15-12-15, 23:37
I am not a big lover of Slade he seems a nice man but like many I am worried about his ability.Having said that I support a team if they win or lose.If you are a fair weather supporter its easy to make an excuse not to come.1.Tan 2.The colour of the shirt 3.Slade.Why not just tell the truth.I am not coming because I only support a winning team. But your team is winning. They're 7th. They have a chance to go up. No-one needs excuses not to go - it's a game of football, not a day in work.

TH63
16-12-15, 00:31
I am not a big lover of Slade he seems a nice man but like many I am worried about his ability.Having said that I support a team if they win or lose.If you are a fair weather supporter its easy to make an excuse not to come.1.Tan 2.The colour of the shirt 3.Slade.Why not just tell the truth.I am not coming because I only support a winning team.
But your team is winning. They're 7th. They have a chance to go up. No-one needs excuses not to go - it's a game of football, not a day in work. Apart from you obviously

Elwood Blues
16-12-15, 00:43
Elysium wrote on Tue, 15 December 2015 22:29] Smallest crowd for a long, long time.Oh for goodness sake!!!!

bluebirdberks
16-12-15, 01:19
Die hards are putting up with slade. Stay away fans have given up on the crap football. Jones saved slade big time tonight. but its the midfield & jones who are the problem. not enough people asking for the ball, leading to woeful possesion stats leading to leads surrendered

DubaiDai
16-12-15, 04:39
Die hards are putting up with slade. Stay away fans have given up on the crap football. Jones saved slade big time tonight.
laughable - our midfield melted into our back 4 - the only outlet we had was watt unil he got subbed. jones did nothing to help - no diagonal runs, no nibbling at their back 4 - he just stood & watched as we collapsed ----again.The team seems 85% right these days needs a couple of changes to get it right.

bluebirds over.......
16-12-15, 07:40
Elysium wrote on Tue, 15 December 2015 22:29] Smallest crowd for a long, long time.Worst manager ever? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/xmashehe.gif Yeah, he's nowhere near as good as Durban,Neal,Hibbit and Osman.

TH63
16-12-15, 08:55
laughable - our midfield melted into our back 4 - the only outlet we had was watt unil he got subbed. jones did nothing to help - no diagonal runs, no nibbling at their back 4 - he just stood & watched as we collapsed ----again.
admittedly, when you lose a 2 goal lead for a third time, & we lost a lead twice at bolton, questions have to be asked about the manager.Connolly saved a certain goal last night but I'd consider switching Morrison for Manga, or maybe look at Manga playing just in front of the back two in a 4-5-1 formation Dick O'Shea is injured isn't he?

valley boy
16-12-15, 09:11
Manga has to be found a place asap.

valley boy
16-12-15, 09:16
laughable - our midfield melted into our back 4 - the only outlet we had was watt unil he got subbed. jones did nothing to help - no diagonal runs, no nibbling at their back 4 - he just stood & watched as we collapsed ----again.Jones played well. He scored two and is a nightmare for defenders.He is badly missed when he is not playing I really dont know what you expect of him.He is not the sort to run around like a headless chicken. Plus he is one of our best defenders at corners.Give the man a break.

Charlie
16-12-15, 09:20
Lesley's Jugs wrote on Tue, 15 December 2015 22:31] Smallest crowd for a long, long time.
Good first half, shit second half, as ever.He's not even the worst manager of Tan's reign.

Tandy
16-12-15, 09:27
Marshall should have done better on both their goals.

the other bob wilson
16-12-15, 09:32
Marshall should have done better on both their goals. Seriously? Then again, I was baffled by those who said he was at fault with Sheffield Wednesday's first goal on Saturday.

the other bob wilson
16-12-15, 09:36
laughable - our midfield melted into our back 4 - the only outlet we had was watt unil he got subbed. jones did nothing to help - no diagonal runs, no nibbling at their back 4 - he just stood & watched as we collapsed ----again.
admittedly, when you lose a 2 goal lead for a third time, & we lost a lead twice at bolton, questions have to be asked about the manager.A break being exactly what Kenwyne takes for ten minutes or so during either half of course - to be fair, I thought he was playing well when he was taken off on Saturday.

Tandy
16-12-15, 09:37
Yeah serious, he was cemented to the goal line when the corner came in. The second goal he parried it straight to their player. Maybe I expect to much but he does my head in sometimes.

Charlie
16-12-15, 09:41
Seriously? Then again, I was baffled by those who said he was at fault with Sheffield Wednesday's first goal on Saturday.Not sure about being at fault for the goals tonight, and as much as i admire him as a keeper i wish we had an outfield captain,if only to get in the refs ear when needed and be able to talk to team mates easier. Not too many leaders on the field when things take a downturn in games.

bluebirdberks
16-12-15, 10:41
admittedly, when you lose a 2 goal lead for a third time, & we lost a lead twice at bolton, questions have to be asked about the manager. at that point jones is a total liability.we look 1/2 decent until we get a lead, but we need people who are up for a scrap - dont see jones as that type sorry

jeepster
16-12-15, 10:43
Seriously? Then again, I was baffled by those who said he was at fault with Sheffield Wednesday's first goal on Saturday.
Not sure about being at fault for the goals tonight, and as much as i admire him as a keeper i wish we had an outfield captain,if only to get in the refs ear when needed and be able to talk to team mates easier. Not too many leaders on the field when things take a downturn in games.I totally agree with you http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/xmasthumbup.gif

Loya Jirga
16-12-15, 10:51
But your team is winning. They're 7th. They have a chance to go up. No-one needs excuses not to go - it's a game of football, not a day in work.
Apart from you obviouslyWell, I'm assuming the note my mam wrote a few years ago is still valid.

GRUMPYS DEN
16-12-15, 11:06
I am not a big lover of Slade he seems a nice man but like many I am worried about his ability.Having said that I support a team if they win or lose.If you are a fair weather supporter its easy to make an excuse not to come.1.Tan 2.The colour of the shirt 3.Slade.Why not just tell the truth.I am not coming because I only support a winning team. Spot on but too much straight talking I'm afraid!! http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

lukeBBW
16-12-15, 11:12
I think it has to either be a mental thing atm or instructions from the manager.

As others have said the midfield 4 just suddenly dropped so deep we had no way of passing the ball out of our half. There was no outlet and it allowed Brentford to press higher. With Jones upfront there is no chasing the back four and Mason was no better.

There were times at 2-0 we had the ball in their half and instead of pushing for a third they just passed and played about with it. Thats the problem. Brentford and Wednesday were there to be beat comfortably but we drew one and got a lucky winner yesterday.

All that does is slightly cover the cracks as Slade is not capable of any tactical decisions. He made a sub when defending a corner?!?! Everyone knows thats asking for trouble, and we conceeded...

Every away manager seems to change tactics and we have no idea how to handle it.

We have a good squad and alot of high end championship players, some could arguably play for lower half prem teams, yet I think we will miss out on playoffs.

Hopefully in the summer we get someone else in because Slade isnt the man to do it.

neilw65
16-12-15, 11:49
admittedly, when you lose a 2 goal lead for a third time, & we lost a lead twice at bolton, questions have to be asked about the manager.
but its the midfield & jones who are the problem. not enough people asking for the ball, leading to woeful possesion stats leading to leads surrendered Jones got taken off on Saturday and Sheffield Wednesday scored afterwards

valley boy
16-12-15, 11:50
admittedly, when you lose a 2 goal lead for a third time, & we lost a lead twice at bolton, questions have to be asked about the manager.
but its the midfield & jones who are the problem. not enough people asking for the ball, leading to woeful possesion stats leading to leads surrendered Scoring two goals is a fair bit of help to your team mates who would you pick instead he is the best we have and I for one are glad to have him,

Robin Friday's Ghost
16-12-15, 13:02
but its the midfield & jones who are the problem. not enough people asking for the ball, leading to woeful possesion stats leading to leads surrendered I'd be happy starting with the usual 4-4-2, at home at least. Jones and Watt look likely to score most games these days. But if we do get a couple of goals then switching to this formation would be a good option. It won't happen of course.

Jimmy Jimmy
16-12-15, 13:27
#sladeout

As per last night - first half great , scored twice, second half pretty dire, Brentford make a change - Slade seemingly like a rabbit in the headlines, frozen and doesnt seem to know what to do. Jones last minute rescue saved Slade from some very awkward questions.

If he is so experienced then surely he would know what to do in order to protect a 2 goal lead, which has happened in the last 3 games - a lesson Slade (or his staff) havent learned.

Mike Bassett could do better than this.