PDA

View Full Version : Record Crowd

Bobby Dandruff
10-01-16, 18:20
....the first time that the away support has outnumbered the home support?

Or is the game being played behind closed doors due to some FA punishment, which I have missed?

Vimana.
10-01-16, 18:21
It is because it is being played in Welsh.

Michael Morris
10-01-16, 18:23
Ninian Stand not open.

Bobby Dandruff
10-01-16, 18:25
It is because it is being played in Welsh. I tried to listen to the radio commentary and turn the sound down on the TV but they are out of sync so it is very confusing. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Bobby Dandruff
10-01-16, 18:25
Ninian Stand not open.It looks like THREE of the stands aren't open!

Colonel Cærdiffi
10-01-16, 18:48
Attendance figures are not a great mystery, the answer has been apparent in all sports for a hundred years.

If your team is doing well, you get bigger crowds. It's that simple.

Should Cardiff progress in the cup, the crowds will increase.

Nobody likes to accuse fans of being glory supporters but that's just how it is, people like a spectacle, they like to say "I was there" at big games.

When we're not doing so well you'll get threads on here saying the football "aint what it used to be" or you'll see people blaming Slade's style or Tan's tyranny but the bottom line is that if Cardiff win games and move up the table, the crowds find their way back.

On this board a huge deal was made of the rebrand but we had very decent crowds in the Premier League, most people did not actually give two hoots what shirt colour their team were wearing or what Tan was doing backstage, they were just soaking in some glory.

Lawnmower
10-01-16, 18:52
Ninian Stand not open.
It looks like THREE of the stands aren't open! 500 ish Shrewsbury here

Phil1927
10-01-16, 18:55
It is because it is being played in Welsh.
Lol. I just wanted authentic crowd noises instead of the Welsh commentary so I'm watching it on mute. It's just like being there now.

Cleve van Leef
10-01-16, 18:58
Attendance figures are not a great mystery, the answer has been apparent in all sports for a hundred years.Stop talking sense, it's not compatible to this board.

Father Dougal
10-01-16, 19:01
Attendance figures are not a great mystery, the answer has been apparent in all sports for a hundred years.Whilst sat in a ground with 30,000 empty seats at half time I must say I agree with you. I said similar whilst sat in this same empty ground this time 12 months ago v Colchester and was told the poor crowd was because of tan and the rebrand. He reversed it and it's had no effect at all and it won't until things improve on the pitch.

Vimana.
10-01-16, 19:27
Attendance figures are not a great mystery, the answer has been apparent in all sports for a hundred years.
If your team is doing well, you get bigger crowds. It's that simple.It was never going to immediately address all of the issues, and things have not been exciting enough to gee everyone up since / yet.

Baloo
11-01-16, 06:11
If your team is doing well, you get bigger crowds. It's that simple.If we're really going to rewind and question what others said, perhaps those who boycotted and/or marched might ask why they were told by some fans that any form of protest was futile, or even wreckless, as Tan would walk away rather than see us in blue. Not really helpful though now is it and most of these discussions seem more about proving we were right all along rather than objectively considering what's happened.