PDA

View Full Version : 2 Points dropped today

Bobby Dandruff
13-02-16, 18:57
That was definitely 2 points dropped today as Charlton looked a very poor side and only threatened in the final 10 minutes when Slade's substitutions effectively handed the initiative to them!

We had looked comfortable all game and were hardly threatened at all by a very tame Charlton side. And it is VERY rare that I can remember watching a game that we seemed so comfortable in.

Ralls hit the post in the first half and as the second half progressed we started to create more chances, with Pilkington hitting the top of the bar.

Then Slade inexplicably took off O'Keefe, who I thought that dominated the midfield with Ralls up to that point, and replaced him with......Macheda (!) whilst moving Tom Lawrence, who had looked really lively up front with Pilkington, to left wing.

At the time this seemed odd and of course Macheda did nothing, kept losing the ball and made the team worse.

The third inspired substitution was to swap Whitts for Gunnarsson which again was hardly likely to change the game when it was clearly there for the winning.

(I apologise to Slade if the 2nd half substitutions were forced on him by injury btw)

Amazingly, in a game that we had largely dominated, we ended up hanging on in the last 10 mins, when we should have been out of sight, and in fact either side could have won it at the end.

Very frustrating. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/sad.gif

jamieccfc
13-02-16, 19:01
Why can't we beat shit sides?

RichardM
13-02-16, 19:04
If even if he was forced on to taking O'Keefe off he had better choices than Macheda on the bench.

Bobby Dandruff
13-02-16, 19:05
Why can't we beat shit sides? http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Ring_Peace
13-02-16, 19:51
Big dogs cock.

There.

Someone had to say it.

olderblue
13-02-16, 20:26
Macheda should never be anywhere near our squad never mind the team, probably the laziest player I've seen in a City shirt
No heart no fight and certainly no interest.

This is where Slade lets himself down big style as far as I'm concerned, we Sign Immers and Zohore and keep them on the bench

FFS surely they have to offer more than that useless **** Macheda or what was the point in signing them in the first place?

We've had some great news from the club this week,the sooner they announce Slade has gone the better, journeyman manager from the lower league and always will be

nugent
13-02-16, 20:28
How we are not in the relegation zone is anyone's guess

olderblue
13-02-16, 20:32
How we are not in the relegation zone is anyone's guess Do you think Macheda is good enough for this team?

13-02-16, 20:33
Macheda should never be anywhere near our squad never mind the team, probably the laziest player I've seen in a City shirtTHIS^^^^^^

cardiff55
13-02-16, 20:52
Macheda is rubbish. Immers should have com on today, he has started one game and scored.

It's no wonder we can't score when Slade plays with no out and out strikers. Pilkington did well in the old game where he scored two goal, but since then has huffed and puffed with no end result. Lawrence is more of a 10 ( I know it's an imaginary role) and should be playing alongside a proper strike. To put him in the wing at the end is just stupid. I bet Immers is not impressed by sitting in the bench for the last two games.

0-0 draws last Saturday and this against two if the worst teams I have seen this season. I'll be glad when No one is back. And this week Slade said he may get a winger on loan! We have Noone, Ameobi, and Plikington and Whiitingham has been playing on the left and looking good. And Kennedy sent out in loan.

Rotherham, MK Dons and now Charlton = 6 points lost. We could now be in a play off place but the truth s we don't deserve it.

Dave Blue
13-02-16, 21:14
Putting Macheda on really does reduce our team to 10 men. I'm not convinced this Zahore will be any better.

13-02-16, 21:18
Charlton must be the worst side I've seen at this level for a while. I quite like Slade but I think it's days like today he lets himself downZ

Why ever being macheda on?! He's so bad

13-02-16, 21:19
How we are not in the relegation zone is anyone's guess No it isn't you fat dick head http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

insider
13-02-16, 22:45
Macheda as big as a useless **** as the manager

Ring_Peace
13-02-16, 23:09
Macheda as big as a useless **** as the managerhttp://www.ccmb.co.uk/legacy.php?t=getfile&id=8584&private=0

Dιnia Bluebird
14-02-16, 04:40
Macheda should never be anywhere near our squad never mind the team, probably the laziest player I've seen in a City shirtI can only assume you didnt see the whole interview with Tan. I got a very strong impression that Slade is going nowhere!

Vimana.
14-02-16, 07:42
^^ Indeed 'going nowhere'...

Though, is it possible that Russell received 'instructions' and 'advice' before / during play?
We know MM used to.

bobbankjonesy
14-02-16, 08:58
My milk has gone off - it's Slade's fault. In fact whilst we're at it, I think he is responsible for the issues in Syria too.
You must accept he was responsible for selecting a team which, for the most part, totally dominated the game? However, having seen his side fail to convert the many chances they created, he tried something different. Had he retained the same team, and they continued to fail to hit the net, I'm guessing he would have been criticised for not trying something different. Is it not the players failure to convert chances?

Vimana.
14-02-16, 11:59
I get what your saying.

OK, something that interests me -

What do 'good' managers do?
What makes them 'good'?
Why are they paid millions and highly sought after.

If it always down the the players, are the vast majority of football fans deluding themselves that the manager has any influence?

How come managers sometimes come in and 'turn things around'? (or it goes to sh1t!) - usually with the same players in the first instance.

I suspect we fit the elements that comprise success and failure to suit our established viewpoints and agenda. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/smiley.gif

My feeling is that the decent placers we do have are generally uninspired, unmotivated and underperforming.
For whatever reason.

A poster who occasionally gets to speaks to a player or two recently hinted that they (he?) see Slade as 'clueless' .
Who knows .

I hope Tan is not meddling still. That would really p1ss players off.

Rhiwbina Blues
14-02-16, 14:58
Time to get le fondre and doyle back to play upfront and score some goals. If slade could start 4.2.3.1 then we could have a successful season.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
14-02-16, 15:21
That was definitely 2 points dropped today as Charlton looked a very poor side and only threatened in the final 10 minutes when Slade's substitutions effectively handed the initiative to them!Spedger

valley boy
14-02-16, 15:52
I am not a huge supporter of Slade but be fair we totally outplayed Charlton scored a goal that was disallowed and hit the woodwork twice.Macheda is proven at this level had he come on and scored Slade would have been a genius.The football we played was good so I think its about time we cut Slade some slack and stop making him an esay target there are a lot worst around than him and some of those have bigger reputations as well.Ole for one.

surge
14-02-16, 15:56
I am not a huge supporter of Slade but be fair we totally outplayed Charlton scored a goal that was disallowed and hit the woodwork twice.Macheda is proven at this level had he come on and scored Slade would have been a genius.The football we played was good so I think its about time we cut Slade some slack and stop making him an esay target there are a lot worst around than him and some of those have bigger reputations as well.Ole for one.Macheda isn't proven at any level: he's had 6 good months at Birmingham in the Championship which shouldn't be enough.

valley boy
14-02-16, 16:26
I am not a huge supporter of Slade but be fair we totally outplayed Charlton scored a goal that was disallowed and hit the woodwork twice.Macheda is proven at this level had he come on and scored Slade would have been a genius.The football we played was good so I think its about time we cut Slade some slack and stop making him an esay target there are a lot worst around than him and some of those have bigger reputations as well.Ole for one.
Macheda isn't proven at any level: he's had 6 good months at Birmingham in the Championship which shouldn't be enough. Its abetter record than any of our current squad.

Forever Wining
14-02-16, 17:57
I have been watching City since 1966 and Russel Slade is without doubt the worst and most clueless manager we have had the misfortune to have in charge.

chepstow
14-02-16, 18:03
I have been watching City since 1966 and Russel Slade is without doubt the worst and most clueless manager we have had the misfortune to have in charge.No he isn't!!

valley boy
14-02-16, 18:07
Well we have been in far worst positions with some other managers we have had I have watched them since the 60s as well and while I am not saying Slade is fantastic he gets more flack than he should.It seems to the trend Slade bashing as its the esay thing to do.He is not perfect by a long way but not as bad as he is made out to be.

jeepster
14-02-16, 18:18
Well we have been in far worst positions with some other managers we have had I have watched them since the 60s as well and while I am not saying Slade is fantastic he gets more flack than he should.It seems to the trend Slade bashing as its the esay thing to do.He is not perfect by a long way but not as bad as he is made out to be. this is so true,he is bad but not the worst we have had http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

olderblue
14-02-16, 18:25
My milk has gone off - it's Slade's fault. In fact whilst we're at it, I think he is responsible for the issues in Syria too.
You must accept he was responsible for selecting a team which, for the most part, totally dominated the game? However, having seen his side fail to convert the many chances they created, he tried something different. Had he retained the same team, and they continued to fail to hit the net, I'm guessing he would have been criticised for not trying something different. Is it not the players failure to convert chances? Otherwise what was the point in signing them?

olderblue
14-02-16, 18:33
I have been watching City since 1966 and Russel Slade is without doubt the worst and most clueless manager we have had the misfortune to have in charge.I can't go back as far as you 1971 was my first game

jeepster
14-02-16, 18:44
You must accept he was responsible for selecting a team which, for the most part, totally dominated the game? However, having seen his side fail to convert the many chances they created, he tried something different. Had he retained the same team, and they continued to fail to hit the net, I'm guessing he would have been criticised for not trying something different. Is it not the players failure to convert chances?
What was it when you say that Slade tried something different?I do agree with you regards immers and zohore what is the point if you sign them play them http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/thumbup.gif

valley boy
14-02-16, 19:00
Macheda has scored 10 goals for Birmingham, 3 for Doncaster all on loan and 6 for us .He must have something.There would not be many to agree with me but he must have something to score that many in a strong division.

olderblue
14-02-16, 19:17
20082014 Manchester United 19 (4)
2011 β†’ Sampdoria (loan) 14 (0)
2012 β†’ Queens Park Rangers (loan) 3 (0)
2013 β†’ VfB Stuttgart (loan) 14 (0)
2013 β†’ Doncaster Rovers (loan) 5 (3)
20132014 β†’ Doncaster Rovers (loan) 10 (0)
2014 β†’ Birmingham City (loan) 18 (10)
2014 Cardiff City 21 (6)

Apart from his spell at Birmingham, hardly brilliant is it 13 goals in 80 odd apperances, whatever he did at Brum he certainly hasn't done anything like that here

valley boy
14-02-16, 19:28
20082014 Manchester United 19 (4)Take a look a Revell,Mason,Doyle and Jones.Its all about opinions.I just have a feeling that there is a goal scorer in there and would like him to have a run to see what he could do.Most would not agree with me there again I thought Gestede was worth keeping when others said he was no good.I find these differences in views interesting and better than discussing some of the darker stuff that crops up on here.I have lost track of all the strikers we have used in the last two seasons we are bound to find a good soon surely.

surge
14-02-16, 19:30
Macheda has scored 10 goals for Birmingham, 3 for Doncaster all on loan and 6 for us .He must have something.There would not be many to agree with me but he must have something to score that many in a strong division.We seem to be doing much better with a number of midfielder's who can both cover each others weaknesses and offer more movement for each other to find.

valley boy
14-02-16, 19:40
Macheda has scored 10 goals for Birmingham, 3 for Doncaster all on loan and 6 for us .He must have something.There would not be many to agree with me but he must have something to score that many in a strong division.
A bit of a climb down from "proven at this level". Macheda clearly has some potential and probably our most natural goal scorer but if you compare him to a proven goal scorer at this level (think Rhodes, McCormack, Chris Martin) and he doesn't compare. Where are we going to get the likes of McCormack etc from.Dont forget we sold him for £35o,ooo because we didnt rate him.What really surprises me is how these things turn around from a player not rated to leaving us and then worth millions

olderblue
14-02-16, 19:46
Revell should never have been signed
Doyle would have been worth a punt if he was 22 and not 27, scored just a bit better than 1 in 5 in the Scottish Pub league and then hit a rich run of form in his 2nd season at Chestefield.

Did bugger all before and has done bugger all since. lower league player not good enough for Championship level.
Mason won't be a 15 -16 goal a season striker at this level and it was good business to move him on for what we got.
Jones just didn't give a toss and was a poor signing, especially when there was no clause in his contract about his salary for when we got relegated.

Rudy Gestede I agree completely with you, in fact I won a bet with another poster about Rudy's ability to score goals, poor business for us by the then manager.
Maybe with some of the strikers we've had in recent times Earnie, Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack etc we were spoilt

valley boy
14-02-16, 19:49
All fair points lets hope we have a gem around the corner.Maybe Idriss will be the one.

surge
14-02-16, 19:53
A bit of a climb down from "proven at this level". Macheda clearly has some potential and probably our most natural goal scorer but if you compare him to a proven goal scorer at this level (think Rhodes, McCormack, Chris Martin) and he doesn't compare.
The problem being that like our previous most natural goal scorer he hasn't yet demonstrated that he can add enough outside the penalty box and, if like Kenwynne last year for two months loses form, then we cannot justify his wages. There are players out there who can score goals in this division and a few of those can make a step up again. The one player Slade, manager in the lower leagues for about 20 years, saw potential in was the "top" scorer in the country at the time.

jamieccfc
14-02-16, 19:55
A bit of a climb down from "proven at this level". Macheda clearly has some potential and probably our most natural goal scorer but if you compare him to a proven goal scorer at this level (think Rhodes, McCormack, Chris Martin) and he doesn't compare.
The problem being that like our previous most natural goal scorer he hasn't yet demonstrated that he can add enough outside the penalty box and, if like Kenwynne last year for two months loses form, then we cannot justify his wages. I for one was tamping we sold ross because davey wouldn't upset his boy chops he had already proven he was a goal scorer with us. Sorry mate but I honestly think you've lost it if you think macheda is going to make it here he's awful

valley boy
14-02-16, 20:01
The problem being that like our previous most natural goal scorer he hasn't yet demonstrated that he can add enough outside the penalty box and, if like Kenwynne last year for two months loses form, then we cannot justify his wages.
You are not on your own I accept that but if he does come good remember who told you.I for one was tamping we sold ross because davey wouldn't upset his boy chops he had already proven he was a goal scorer with us. Sorry mate but I honestly think you've lost it if you think macheda is going to make it here he's awful

olderblue
14-02-16, 20:03
If and when there both fit, I would rather see him and Zohore having a run of games and be given the chance to build up a good working relationship on the pitch, than trying to play someone out of position.

If Slade would have gone with a 4 4 1 1 with Immers and Zohore or even Lawrence and Zohore then at least he would have been having a go and trying something different in my view.

Lets be honest about it, were not going up or likely to make the top 6, and were certainly not going to get relegated so why not roll the dice and try something different!

I'd rather see us going for it with players in their proper positions than trying to put square pegs in round holes

valley boy
14-02-16, 20:05
The problem being that like our previous most natural goal scorer he hasn't yet demonstrated that he can add enough outside the penalty box and, if like Kenwynne last year for two months loses form, then we cannot justify his wages.
You are not on your own I accept that but if he does come good remember who told you.
We seem to be doing much better with a number of midfielder's who can both cover each others weaknesses and offer more movement for each other to find. You are not on your own if he does come good mind dont forget who told you first.

Daniel15
14-02-16, 20:09
Time to recall Le Fondre. Wouldn't do any worse than Macheda, and maybe this new system would suit him better.

DubaiDai
15-02-16, 06:03
That was definitely 2 points dropped today as Charlton looked a very poor side and only threatened in the final 10 minutes when Slade's substitutions effectively handed the initiative to them!With him going back at the end of the season there is little point in giving him the game time that could be used by others.

the other bob wilson
15-02-16, 06:15
You are not on your own I accept that but if he does come good remember who told you.
We seem to be doing much better with a number of midfielder's who can both cover each others weaknesses and offer more movement for each other to find.
Where are we going to get the likes of McCormack etc from.Dont forget we sold him for £35o,ooo because we didnt rate him.What really surprises me is how these things turn around from a player not rated to leaving us and then worth millionsBy rights, as just about the only experienced, fit and available specialist striker at the club at the moment, Macheda should be walking into the side, the fact he isn't says so much about him - my use of the word "walking" is appropriate for more than one reason.

15-02-16, 08:48
Macheda is awful, he won't be at Cardiff beyond the summer

Tandy
15-02-16, 08:51
Charlton are fighting for Championship survival so it was never going to be easy. Well done Slade and the boys on a well earned point.
Onwards and upwards. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/ayatollah.gif

Vimana.
15-02-16, 09:16
Charlton are fighting for Championship survival so it was never going to be easy. Well done Slade and the boys on a well earned point. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/rolleyes.gif http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/homer.gif

Bobby Dandruff
15-02-16, 10:02
Macheda isn't proven at any level: he's had 6 good months at Birmingham in the Championship which shouldn't be enough. It was a stupid substitution as the team were creating chances without him.

Bobby Dandruff
15-02-16, 10:06
My milk has gone off - it's Slade's fault. In fact whilst we're at it, I think he is responsible for the issues in Syria too. I very much doubt that.

Bobby Dandruff
15-02-16, 12:28
Charlton are fighting for Championship survival so it was never going to be easy. Well done Slade and the boys on a well earned point. So definitely 2 points lost.

Jimmy the Jock
15-02-16, 17:17
We seem to be doing much better with a number of midfielder's who can both cover each others weaknesses and offer more movement for each other to find. Fair dos he ironed himself out and went on to have a fine career playing football.

jamieccfc
15-02-16, 20:52
We seem to be doing much better with a number of midfielder's who can both cover each others weaknesses and offer more movement for each other to find.
Where are we going to get the likes of McCormack etc from.Dont forget we sold him for £35o,ooo because we didnt rate him.What really surprises me is how these things turn around from a player not rated to leaving us and then worth millionsI would love to be wrong mate belive me because we are desperate for a regular goalscorer but he might score the odd god goal but he just hasn't got the heart and gets knocked off the ball like a baby

BLUETIT
15-02-16, 20:54
Where are we going to get the likes of McCormack etc from.Dont forget we sold him for £35o,ooo because we didnt rate him.What really surprises me is how these things turn around from a player not rated to leaving us and then worth millions
I for one was tamping we sold ross because davey wouldn't upset his boy chops he had already proven he was a goal scorer with us. Sorry mate but I honestly think you've lost it if you think macheda is going to make it here he's awful http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

jamieccfc
15-02-16, 21:09
I know he liked the pop but it didn't help when DJ just let the players do what the feck they wanted which is what ultimately let us down against boro

jamieccfc
15-02-16, 21:13
Where are we going to get the likes of McCormack etc from.Dont forget we sold him for £35o,ooo because we didnt rate him.What really surprises me is how these things turn around from a player not rated to leaving us and then worth millions
I for one was tamping we sold ross because davey wouldn't upset his boy chops he had already proven he was a goal scorer with us. Sorry mate but I honestly think you've lost it if you think macheda is going to make it here he's awful
You are not on your own if he does come good mind dont forget who told you first. http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif fecking auto words http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif