PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sherwood - A Tw*t?

Barry Shitpeas
14-02-16, 22:54
On Vardys penalty. Takes too heavy a touch and purposely runs into Monreals leg looking for the penalty.

"Jamie Vardy's got every right to run into his leg...if I'm the manager in the dug out I'm asking him to go down there, it's gamesmanship, you need to earn a penalty for your team...."

At least he honest I suppose but everything he says there, this attitude is something I absolutely hate about modern football.

surge
14-02-16, 23:05
He would need to have been Nightcrawler if wanting to avoid Monreal's legs.

Barry Shitpeas
14-02-16, 23:23
He would need to have been Nightcrawler if wanting to avoid Monreal's legs. And you don't "earn" a penalty, you concede a penalty by commiting the foul. If a player sticks his leg out you should be looking to avoid it not looking to run into it.

The Raven
15-02-16, 01:39
I don't like Sherwood but I am more interested to hear he said what he did then if he'd trotted out the usual "Dirty Johnny Foriegner brought it here like syphilis and we've got to stamp it out".

Ex-pros and in-between-jobs managers should tell us what we don't know and what we can't see. If the prevailing attitude in the game is take the foul and the penalty, pundits should say that.

Nobody likes diving but I can still remember on loan Chris Allen dancing into the penalty area and drawing a blatant penalty, only to leap over the foul, before taking a touch, another touch, a third touch and getting cleanly tackled. Half the ground was screaming at him for not going down when he had the chance. One comedy performance against the Jacks later and that was the last we saw of Chris Allen.

It's a professional game and you've got to take whatever chance comes your way.

bobh
15-02-16, 09:05
On Vardys penalty. Takes too heavy a touch and purposely runs into Monreals leg looking for the penalty. He's honest about cheating - 'cos that's what it is.

celticknight
15-02-16, 12:39
"Jamie Vardy's got every right to run into his leg...if I'm the manager in the dug out I'm asking him to go down there, it's gamesmanship, you need to earn a penalty for your team...." To be fair, his Villa team couldn't score in a brothel so I'm not surprised he would ask his players to dive in the penalty area.

tommy31
15-02-16, 16:11
It's elite sport, you do everything you can to win.