PDA

View Full Version : Veggie from Barry

ian gibson
23-02-16, 12:34
A post on **** is saying Veggie, Steve Venables, from Barry has died. I'm sure city fans of a certain age will remember him from years ago. Had the pleasure of his company at many city games and Friday nights out in Barry, rip Veggie.

Feedback
23-02-16, 12:37
I thought this thread was about Mrs Disco Dave

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/getmycoat.gif

Observer
23-02-16, 12:39
RIP Bluebird.

Steve R
23-02-16, 13:11
Good bloke and mad as a hatter.#
RIP Steve.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
23-02-16, 13:17
RIP Bluebird

Barry Dragon
23-02-16, 16:54
Did he live up by westward rise? I know a Steve Venables but he wasn't much of a city fan, he was a Barry town fan. Hopefully different one.

ian gibson
23-02-16, 16:56
Did he live up by westward rise? I know a Steve Venables but he wasn't much of a city fan, he was a Barry town fan. Hopefully different one.Big fella with fair hair and no front teeth?

Steve R
23-02-16, 16:57
Did he live up by westward rise? I know a Steve Venables but he wasn't much of a city fan, he was a Barry town fan. Hopefully different one.If you knew him, you'd know him as Veggie.

SOXY BOY
23-02-16, 18:38
It's Steve Venners who lives by Westward Rise. I think Veggie used to drink in the Zoo and when I last saw him,he didn't look very well.

Barry Dragon
23-02-16, 18:40
Venners that's who I was thinking of. Wrong guy.

Rick Riorden
23-02-16, 18:59
It's Steve Venners who lives by Westward Rise. I think Veggie used to drink in the Zoo and when I last saw him,he didn't look very well.He's not looked well for the last 30 years.

kneesupbrianclark
23-02-16, 20:40
Rip veggie. One of the most naturally funny blokes I have ever encountered at the City, used to see him a lot at Ninian in the 70's a larger than life character. Went on minibus with the older Barry lads to Oldham in 76, what a day/weekend that turned out to be. For the lads there who will vouch that veggie was on top form that day in many ways! He also had a rather large collection of other teams scarves that would ' collect' on his travels , rest in peace one of the great characters, great company RIP Steve.

ian gibson
23-02-16, 21:09
Rip veggie. One of the most naturally funny blokes I have ever encountered at the City, used to see him a lot at Ninian in the 70's a larger than life character. Went on minibus with the older Barry lads to Oldham in 76, what a day/weekend that turned out to be. For the lads there who will vouch that veggie was on top form that day in many ways! He also had a rather large collection of other teams scarves that would ' collect' on his travels , rest in peace one of the great characters, great company RIP Steve.He was a one off, always made me laugh. We were coming back from an away game and he stripped off to his underpants and went to sleep on the bus, when we pulled in to the services we took all his clothes and hid them. While we were in the café he found an old white filthy boiler suit, a Frank Spencer beret and a pair of ladies horn rimmed glasses in the luggage hold on the bus, he put them on and came in the services, he looked fecking mental http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif the boiler suit was ten sizes too small and the glasses and beret with his toothless grin terrified all the punters in the café. Like you said, a great character.

Baloo
24-02-16, 20:45
Rip veggie. One of the most naturally funny blokes I have ever encountered at the City, used to see him a lot at Ninian in the 70's a larger than life character. Went on minibus with the older Barry lads to Oldham in 76, what a day/weekend that turned out to be. For the lads there who will vouch that veggie was on top form that day in many ways! He also had a rather large collection of other teams scarves that would ' collect' on his travels , rest in peace one of the great characters, great company RIP Steve.
He was a one off, always made me laugh. We were coming back from an away game and he stripped off to his underpants and went to sleep on the bus, when we pulled in to the services we took all his clothes and hid them. While we were in the café he found an old white filthy boiler suit, a Frank Spencer beret and a pair of ladies horn rimmed glasses in the luggage hold on the bus, he put them on and came in the services, he looked fecking mental http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif the boiler suit was ten sizes too small and the glasses and beret with his toothless grin terrified all the punters in the café. Like you said, a great character.RIP Veggie.