View Full Version : Bristol City awayday memories

Michael Morris
04-03-16, 23:07
I've been there a few times. Following City it's been quite low key. Generally we lost and and I managed to get in and out without much fuss.

I did go there in the late 70's when they were 1st Div and went on the away end as a Spurs fan. Spurs won 3-1 with Glenn Hoddle scoring a penalty. Nothing special about that but a cockney geezer grabbed hold of me (a 13 year old) and said he'd kiss me if Hoddle scored or kill me if he missed.

Hoddle scored, I got kissed :( and I'm still here to talk about it

SLUDGE FACTORY
04-03-16, 23:15
Dismantling the turnstiles

Ainsley Harriott
04-03-16, 23:27
I'd just started following City when we played them 3 times in a few weeks in January 2010 (before that I was a dirty teenage Man Utd 'fan' like Nugent).

I had an A Level exam in the afternoon, with snow pouring down out of the window in Barry, and me looking over the whole time at a mate on the other side of the exam hall with a "tonight's going to be amazing, if it's on" look on my face. (The only Cardiff matches I'd been to before then were WBA away (win), Boro away the following saturday (win), Peterborough away (the 4-4 draw) & Bristol at home).

6-0, with Chopra & McCormack molesting them.

Either that or the 1st leg of the FA cup 2 weeks earlier was when Gary Johnson took it upon himself to step onto the pitch & trip Chopra up as he ran up the wing...filthy human being.

Former Labour leader
04-03-16, 23:31
I'd just started following City when we played them 3 times in a few weeks in January 2010 (before that I was a dirty teenage Man Utd 'fan' like Nugent).

I had an A Level exam in the afternoon, with snow pouring down out of the window in Barry, and me looking over the whole time at a mate on the other side of the exam hall with a "tonight's going to be amazing, if it's on" look on my face. (The only Cardiff matches I'd been to before then were WBA away (win), Boro away the following saturday (win), Peterborough away (the 4-4 draw) & Bristol at home).

6-0, with Chopra & McCormack molesting them.

Either that or the 1st leg of the FA cup 2 weeks earlier was when Gary Johnson took it upon himself to step onto the pitch & trip Chopra up as he ran up the wing...filthy human being.

He still is, pal.

Former Labour leader
04-03-16, 23:33
I can go back even further to the early sixties when John Charles played. We still lost, 2-1 I think. No serious incidents to report.

Michael Morris
04-03-16, 23:35

Arfur Europe
04-03-16, 23:50
My first ever away trip was there for the Coca Cola Cup 2nd leg after we somehow gained a 1-0 advantage.

It was my first and last experience of a 'football special' train. I posted the whole experience on the old board, and I will again when I have time but suffice to say it was a miserable trip and we lost 5-1 in the 2nd leg (or something similar) to an Andy Cole hattrick.

Fun and games before and after the match though which made the event immensely more pleasurable :p

Set up the Wurzles as my main rivals for life.

Random in Duquesa
05-03-16, 00:03
First away game ever , think it was about 1969 ? We won 2-0 and Brian Clark scored which is is all I remember. Also I wore my blue and white bobble hat with pride ... No idea it could be dangerouse .
Loads since , including the turnstile dismantle .