PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham Festival 2016

Hilts
13-03-16, 11:22
Heading up Tuesday for the day and have my seat in the pub booked for the rest of the week.:ayatollah:

Anyone going.?

Any tips for the week because im struggling.:ayatollah:

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 13:38
Heading up Tuesday for the day and have my seat in the pub booked for the rest of the week.:ayatollah:

Anyone going.?

Any tips for the week because im struggling.:ayatollah:

Not going but most certainly will be watching every day with interest.

For the Supreme I'll be going against Min, like Hendersons two in Altior 9/2 and Buveur D'air 7/1 probably the latter being the most exciting.

There's only on horse in the Arkle in Douvan, so no value there.

The Ultima Handicap Chase (14:50) there's a bit of value and a quite open race, Tizzards horse Theatre Guide at 14/1 and Hobbs horse Kruzhinin at 10/1 looking great bets.

The Champion Hurdle I like Annie Power 2/1 but also My Tent Or Yours 8/1 and The New One 6/1 it looks a lot more open now Mullins star hurdler Fargheen is out.

Can't wait though.

mrbluejay
13-03-16, 16:19
I'm there on Thursday, can't wait.

alipops
13-03-16, 16:27
I wonder how many horses will be killed this year. +

Can you bet on how many horses die? They have turned horse racing into a blood sport.

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 16:45
I wonder how many horses will be killed this year. +

Can you bet on how many horses die? They have turned horse racing into a blood sport.

Zero horses died last year, you're moaning they've turned horse racing into a blood sport yet, you want to place a bet on how many horses will die... You couldn't make it up. :facepalm:

Hilts
13-03-16, 16:46
Not going but most certainly will be watching every day with interest.

For the Supreme I'll be going against Min, like Hendersons two in Altior 9/2 and Buveur D'air 7/1 probably the latter being the most exciting.

There's only on horse in the Arkle in Douvan, so no value there.

The Ultima Handicap Chase (14:50) there's a bit of value and a quite open race, Tizzards horse Theatre Guide at 14/1 and Hobbs horse Kruzhinin at 10/1 looking great bets.

The Champion Hurdle I like Annie Power 2/1 but also My Tent Or Yours 8/1 and The New One 6/1 it looks a lot more open now Mullins star hurdler Fargheen is out.

Can't wait though.

Im finding it difficult to oppose Min on form.

Hendersons record in this puts me off the 2 you mention. I may do Supersundae E/W.

The Champion Hurdle is a difficult one. No idea what to do.

Steve R
13-03-16, 16:56
Contrary to popular belief, nobody knows which horses are going to win.

Hope this helps.

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 17:00
Im finding it difficult to oppose Min on form.

Hendersons record in this puts me off the 2 you mention. I may do Supersundae E/W.

The Champion Hurdle is a difficult one. No idea what to do.
Min has been pulling like a train in Ireland and could get away with it in the weaker races, if he decides to go off like rocket in this one he could just run out of steam by the time he's got to get up that hill, I think it's much a more open Supreme than the last 2/3 years. Altior at Kempton was fantastic and was really impressed by him and Buveur D'air is an aeroplane in the making.

I know Hendo hasn't got a great record in this one but I genuinely think he's got two really good chances here. Min is probably the one to beat based on the yard he's at and jockey but I don't think he's a Vatour or Douvan type plus he was ordinary in France.

Supersundee is a great e/w too and there's been a few pundits talking him up.

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 17:02
Contrary to popular belief, nobody knows which horses are going to win.

Hope this helps.

Douvan in the Arkle is as near to a certainty as you can get. Put your house on it. :sherlock:

Jimmy the Jock
13-03-16, 17:19
Douvan in the Arkle is as near to a certainty as you can get. Put your house on it. :sherlock:

2/5 on over jumps. Must be some horse.

Daniel15
13-03-16, 17:29
Annie Power 9/4 for Tuesday 3.30 (Champion Hurdle)

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 17:31
2/5 on over jumps. Must be some horse.

He's in a different league. Willie Mullins his trainer has said he's possibly the best horse he's had, now that's some complement for a novice chaser.

cantonboy
13-03-16, 19:18
Meanwhile I had three winners at Warwick today
3/1 8/1 and 12/1
Happy Days

mrbluejay
13-03-16, 19:18
Min has been pulling like a train in Ireland and could get away with it in the weaker races, if he decides to go off like rocket in this one he could just run out of steam by the time he's got to get up that hill, I think it's much a more open Supreme than the last 2/3 years. Altior at Kempton was fantastic and was really impressed by him and Buveur D'air is an aeroplane in the making.

I know Hendo hasn't got a great record in this one but I genuinely think he's got two really good chances here. Min is probably the one to beat based on the yard he's at and jockey but I don't think he's a Vatour or Douvan type plus he was ordinary in France.

Supersundee is a great e/w too and there's been a few pundits talking him up.

Like Supasundae as well, also like Silver Concorde at a price.

Llanedeyrnblue
13-03-16, 19:25
I'm going up on Friday and I can't wait ,will be hoping to find one or two of Mullins outsiders that he always gets. Annie Power owes me from last year

Best of luck everyone

Llanedeyrnblue
13-03-16, 19:27
Any cleaver person fancy organising a comp on here as in past festivals?

Phill Stants brother
13-03-16, 19:38
I'm going up on Friday and I can't wait ,will be hoping to find one or two of Mullins outsiders that he always gets. Annie Power owes me from last year

Best of luck everyone

Me too. That sight of her missing that last hurdle still gives me nightmares. :frown:

uncle bob.
13-03-16, 20:56
Dont bet!!

uncle bob.
13-03-16, 20:59
Any cleaver person fancy organising a comp on here as in past festivals?

Tempted but not had a bet for about a year. So trying to not get involved as i had major problems in the past with gambling wrecking my life.

jeepster
13-03-16, 21:23
Tempted but not had a bet for about a year. So trying to not get involved as i had major problems in the past with gambling wrecking my life.

Can not fault you keep it up.I had the same with the cash cows in the bookies i have not been on them for 18 months,i could put in 200 in less than an hour.When you can break the habbit it is so easy.

Smoothoppa Razor
14-03-16, 10:46
Going will be Good to Soft tomorrow though it will be tacky, this will take some handling . You will need a horse that gets the trip well and I forsee a lot of horses struggling up the hill.
Supreme,: The bookies will take on Min and so will I.
Charbel should handle the ground and stays 25/1ew also Penglai Pavilion definitely stays and I can see him running on up the hill and at 40/1 a good ew bet.
Arkle : Douvan all over but no value. Have a crack on The Game Changer for Gordon Elliott at 7/2 without Douvan.
Champion Hurdle : Annie Power in receipt of 7lbs mare allowance can make amends for last year.
Mares : Again will take on jolly Vroum Vroum Mag with Aurore D'Estruval. This strapping mare trained by Pembrokeshire's Becca Curtis has seemingly poor form, but the Curtis yard has suffered with a bad batch of feed sickening horses and a virus. However in the last week her yard has come into form just in time. 14/1 a good price.
National Hunt : 4 miles will take some getting but I am all over Gordon Elliott's Noble Endeavour at 6/1 ( NAP). This is an Amateur riders race and Elliott has booked Mr J J Codd to ride. He is what you can call a " professional " Amateur.
Back this.
Novices Handicap. Killer Crow to complete the hatrick for Elliott , Bryan Cooper up for Gigginstown this massive fella, generally jumps soundly , will stay and is good value at 12's.
For those who like a decent punt.
6.10 Kempton Wednesday Dove Mountain.
Be lucky.

Hilts
14-03-16, 11:21
Going will be Good to Soft tomorrow though it will be tacky, this will take some handling . You will need a horse that gets the trip well and I forsee a lot of horses struggling up the hill.
Charbel should handle the ground and stays 25/1ew also Penglai Pavilion definitely stays and I can see him running on up the hill and at 40/1 a good ew bet.
Arkle : Douvan all over but no value. Have a crack on The Game Changer for Gordon Elliott at 7/2 without Douvan.
Champion Hurdle : Annie Power in receipt of 7lbs mare allowance can make amends for last year.
Mares : Again will take on jolly Vroum Vroum Mag with Aurore D'Estruval. This strapping mare trained by Pembrokeshire's Becca Curtis has seemingly poor form, but the Curtis yard has suffered with a bad batch of feed sickening horses and a virus. However in the last week her yard has come into form just in time. 14/1 a good price.
National Hunt : 4 miles will take some getting but I am all over Gordon Elliott's Noble Endeavour at 6/1 ( NAP). This is an Amateur riders race and Elliott has booked Mr J J Codd to ride. He is what you can call a " professional " Amateur.
Back this.
Novices Handicap. Killer Crow to complete the hatrick for Elliott , Bryan Cooper up for Gigginstown this massive fella, generally jumps soundly , will stay and is good value at 12's.
Be lucky.

Good write up.

Noble Endeavour got to be worth a go. Codd is as good as most pros. Easily the best amateur.

insider
14-03-16, 11:44
Can not fault you keep it up.I had the same with the cash cows in the bookies i have not been on them for 18 months,i could put in 200 in less than an hour.When you can break the habbit it is so easy.
I miss going to Cheltenham but I don't miss spunking my wages every week . Nearly 4 years since I quit my usual haunts.

Smoothoppa Razor
14-03-16, 12:37
Back this.
Be lucky.
Irish Cavalier non runner and aimed at RSA or Gold Cup.
Killer Crow a non and aimed at Fairyhouse Irish National meeting. He has two entries inc the Irish National.

Mr Shhh
15-03-16, 13:29
I've just had a text to say Annie Power for the Champion Hurdle Challenge. I liked the look of Peace & Co but seems like I'm the only one. So think I'll keep my money for another day.

Smoothoppa Razor
15-03-16, 13:50
That was a spot on call about Min by Phil Stants Brother. He was far too keen to post, didn't like Charbel leading him, and once he jumped out of Ruby's hands and made that mistake down the back , all over. Altior always going well under a great ride and race was run for him.

Phill Stants brother
15-03-16, 18:45
That was a spot on call about Min by Phil Stants Brother. He was far too keen to post, didn't like Charbel leading him, and once he jumped out of Ruby's hands and made that mistake down the back , all over. Altior always going well under a great ride and race was run for him.

Cheers, he did exactly what I thought he'd do, the good gallop played right into Altior's hands. Great start to the day for me, £10 win on Altior and also did Buvour D'air in a lucky 15.

Onto tomorrow now. Yanworth v Yorkhill is a tough one to split in the Neptune, also would absolutely love to see a Sprinter Sacre win.

More of That
Yorkhill (just)
Rock The Kasbah treble for me tomorrow.

Smoothoppa Razor
15-03-16, 21:23
I am off to Kempton tomorrow to see Dove Mountain hopefully win.
Gordon Elliott likes his chance very much and as a hold up horse has Jamie Spencer up, good booking.
Gordon all over No More Heroes tomorrow and gives Campeador a big big chance.

Llanedeyrnblue
15-03-16, 22:06
Josies Orders 16-10
Ballyandy 17-30

Smoothoppa Razor
15-03-16, 22:24
If you have a bet with Skybet in the first race on any day of festival, if it loses they will refund stakes up to £25 in form of a free bet.
Good deal that for tomorrow.

Smoothoppa Razor
16-03-16, 09:59
Dove Mountain a non runner today.
Gordon Elliott not happy with race make up.
Will run 7.15 Wolverhampton Sat evening .
No More Heroes Cheltenham will win.

Hilts
16-03-16, 11:29
Gone with Lucky 15

Yanworth , More of That , Un De Sceaux , Josies Order. All favourites

Have a look at the handicaps with a pint later.

Johnson seems keen on Rock the Kasbah 2.50 so had a small bet on that and may up it later.

Mr Shhh
16-03-16, 13:30
E/W Bet on Bacardys 17:30

Phill Stants brother
16-03-16, 17:11
Had Sprinter at 11/2 £10 win, he was looking marvellous in the parade ring and looked back to himself, so glad I did.

That has to go down as one of the best come back stories ever, given he was untouchable 3 years back and was 1/4 on the first time he won the champion chase. I'm a massive Sprinter fan and screamed the house down watching him sail up that hill, great sight that.

Hilts
16-03-16, 18:10
Had Sprinter at 11/2 £10 win, he was looking marvellous in the parade ring and looked back to himself, so glad I did.

That has to go down as one of the best come back stories ever, given he was untouchable 3 years back and was 1/4 on the first time he won the champion chase. I'm a massive Sprinter fan and screamed the house down watching him sail up that hill, great sight that.

Simply one of the greatest moments in racing history. What a story. I was there on the Wednesday last year when Sprinter was pulled up. Thought hed be retired. At his best probably amongst the best 3 steeplechasers of all time.
I thought if he was 80 per cent of his best he could win but doubt he would be. He was better than than that and when he strode clear and put Un DE Seaux in his place a great moment.

Llanedeyrnblue
16-03-16, 18:20
Josies Orders 16-10
Ballyandy 17-30

Got Ballyandy @ 15/2

Llanedeyrnblue
16-03-16, 18:22
Simply one of the greatest moments in racing history. What a story. I was there on the Wednesday last year when Sprinter was pulled up. Thought hed be retired. At his best probably amongst the best 3 steeplechasers of all time.
I thought if he was 80 per cent of his best he could win but doubt he would be. He was better than than that and when he strode clear and put Un DE Seaux in his place a great moment.

Absolutely brilliant run

Smoothoppa Razor
16-03-16, 18:56
Wonderful day , could not write the script.
Had Campeador in the Fred Winter, never count your money till they jump the last.

Hilts
16-03-16, 19:13
Wonderful day , could not write the script.
Had Campeador in the Fred Winter, never count your money till they jump the last.

Was going well and who knows what would have happened.

Ruby on the other side also going well and another to add to his last fence/hurdle falls. Brilliant jockey and great ride on Yorhill but he hits the deck a lot at the last when in contention.

Smoothoppa Razor
16-03-16, 19:43
This last fence fall thing with Ruby needs to be taken in context. Ruby rides many favourites and they are usually in contention when he is aboard. He also gets horses to run sweetly on the bridle, however some of these will struggle when push comes to shove and can make mistakes. He also rides a lot of top class horses who invariably are involved with other top class horses. Therefore he must ask his mounts to go for it at the last, he cannot take a tug. Any other jockey who had the rides he had would be the same or worse.
Its jockeys who fall off in the middle of races I worry about more.

mrbluejay
16-03-16, 21:27
Does the Vautour/Thistlecrack/Limini treble seem to obvious?

Pays 6/1.

Smoothoppa Razor
17-03-16, 06:48
Does the Vautour/Thistlecrack/Limini treble seem to obvious?

Pays 6/1.

Pays 15/2 with Skybet, all look nailed on, but something will save the bookies no doubt.
Have been given Letheriverrundry 2.25 Towcester.

Phill Stants brother
17-03-16, 11:00
I've done the Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini treble as it looks easy money. But, one will probably come in short as already said, you've got to be in it to win it though I suppose.

Done Smart talk @ 6/1 in the same race as Limini just in case, doubled with Our Kaempfer @ 10/1.

Good luck today.

Llanedeyrnblue
17-03-16, 15:03
I've done the Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini treble as it looks easy money. But, one will probably come in short as already said, you've got to be in it to win it though I suppose.

Done Smart talk @ 6/1 in the same race as Limini just in case, doubled with Our Kaempfer @ 10/1.

Good luck today.

I've bet Smart Talk as well don't like the fav

Culver Blue
17-03-16, 21:04

Good luck today.

Had Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini with Black Hercules on e/w and win bets. Few hundred. Some of the lads (with bigger balls! :hehe:) had a couple of grand today. 'Free Money Day at Chelts' they've been calling it! :hehe:

Ruby and Willie kicking it big time.

Llanedeyrnblue
17-03-16, 22:13
Off up there tomorrow can't wait I fancy Blue Hell in the County handicap hurdle and Barters Hill in the Albert Bartlett can't decide what to bet in the big one,help needed.Anyone else going up?

Smoothoppa Razor
18-03-16, 10:05
Off up there tomorrow can't wait I fancy Blue Hell in the County handicap hurdle and Barters Hill in the Albert Bartlett can't decide what to bet in the big one,help needed.Anyone else going up?
Don Cossack all day long for me.

Phill Stants brother
18-03-16, 14:22
Had £10 on Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 4/1 first up.

Onto Barters Hill & Cue Card double.

Also need Don Cossack in another bet to land £58 so two handed in the big one.

Smoothoppa Razor
18-03-16, 18:26
Well that was one hell of a Festival.
Annie Power , a mare , winning the Champion Hurdle, Douvan, Vatour , Vroum Vroum Mag and Limini all imperious for Mullins and Ruby.
Don Cossack , a huge imposing horse, galloping the field to obliv

Hilts
18-03-16, 19:17
Highlight has to be Sprinter Sacre. The roar when he went past Un De Sceaux was incredible.

Ricci clearly not happy yesterday. Hopefully next year we will see clashes the sport needs.

Smoothoppa Razor
19-03-16, 10:34
Don't forget to have a punt on Dove Mountain 7.15 Wolver tonight. 10/3 down to 11/4 now.
Tara's Rainbow 12/1 5.20 Uttoxeter will run a big big race.
Quick update the 12/1 is being smashed down to 10s, 8s with some.

The Bob Banker Spanker
19-03-16, 11:44
Don Cossack all day long for me.

You weren't wrong