PDA

View Full Version : Exciting times

Colonel Cærdiffi
13-03-16, 17:32
After a few years in the wilderness Cardiff are in very familiar territory, fighting it out for a playoff spot.

We're not always successful but it definitely makes the end of the season more interesting than mid-table limbo.

This time around it's even more tantalising with our last two games being against the teams we are currently sandwiched between, away to 6th placed Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday 30th April followed finally by Birmingham at the CCS the following Saturday.

We'll also be hosting a catchable Derby on Saturday 2nd April followed by teams from all over the Championship table.

Just a few weeks ago, a playoff spot seemed like a pipe dream but with the teams' new found fight, fitness and work ethic it's looking possible again. After all, there's 9 games left, 27 points to play for. But how many of us actually believe it's possible?

VOTE NOW! :malky:

Daniel15
13-03-16, 17:45
Starting to think we may indeed sneak in to the playoffs. Derby recently have controlled the games between us, but if we can manage to beat them then who knows.

Rjk
13-03-16, 17:59
Voted no, but it's still nice to be in the hunt.

BLUETIT
13-03-16, 18:01
Voted no, but it's still nice to be in the hunt.

You've shagged Dai Hunt ! :hehe:

jeepster
13-03-16, 18:48
You've shagged Dai Hunt ! :hehe:

That made me laugh and vomit you perv:biggrin:

ken000
14-03-16, 08:51
Voted yes. :-)

TH63
14-03-16, 09:00
LFW for me.
I really hope we make it as on current form the manager and players deserve it.
There seems to be some sort of spark about the whole club at the moment, not sure what's caused it, but I honestly think we've turned a corner and if we don't make it this year, I think we should make it next year.
For this season, I think some of those dropped points earlier in the season may come back to haunt us.

Rjk
14-03-16, 09:26
LFW for me.
I really hope we make it as on current form the manager and players deserve it.
There seems to be some sort of spark about the whole club at the moment, not sure what's caused it, but I honestly think we've turned a corner and if we don't make it this year, I think we should make it next year.
For this season, I think some of those dropped points earlier in the season may come back to haunt us.

The positivity around the club seems to coincide with the announcement of debt to equity, and finally getting rid of Sam Hammam, then some more positive financial results emerging.
Also the transfer embargo forcing a change in playing style that has brought about better football and better results.
Somehow it seems more acceptable to be positive about things.

But who knows, perhaps that's just how long it takes to get over the premier league hangover.

bluethrough
14-03-16, 10:47
The positivity around the club seems to coincide with the announcement of debt to equity, and finally getting rid of Sam Hammam, then some more positive financial results emerging.
Also the transfer embargo forcing a change in playing style that has brought about better football and better results.
Somehow it seems more acceptable to be positive about things.

But who knows, perhaps that's just how long it takes to get over the premier league hangover.

I fairness that was some hangover. If thats how it affects us then maybe we should stop striving to sip from the Premier cup