PDA

View Full Version : New Boris Johnson UK - NZ - AUS - CAN Freedom of movement idea

CCFC_Urawa_Reds
17-03-16, 14:44
Anybody heard about this?

My wife has been going on about (she found it on a Chinese news website) Boris Johnson is apparently proposing a "special relationship/visa waiver/job exchange/" with our english speaking commonwealth buddies? I can't find this information anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this?

Rjk
17-03-16, 14:49
I'd be well up for this- but I can't see the other countries signing up to it.

Also it could just as easily happen within the EU couldn't it?

blue sky
17-03-16, 14:51
The Mail had a related story a few days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3492555/George-Osborne-s-father-law-Lord-Howell-backs-six-ten-Britons-happy-allowing-migration-Commonwealth-UK.html

blue matt
17-03-16, 14:56
will that include the millions of poles who are here already, as i cannot see the others wanting that either

Rjk
17-03-16, 14:59
Is this the commonwealth then or just the predominately white countries in the commonwealth?

I can't see the daily mail being over the moon at 1 bn Indians coming over here, taking our jerbs.

lardy
will that include the millions of poles who are here already, as i cannot see the others wanting that either

Let's see...uk, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. No, I can't work it out.

Feedback
Someone should tell boris the empire is no more

Rjk
17-03-16, 15:01

There aren't millions of polish people in the uk, and presumably the agreement would only apply to them if they were British citizens

lardy
17-03-16, 15:11
Will it include all the people who are here on holiday?

Rjk
17-03-16, 15:23
Will it include all the people who are here on holiday?

Well can people on holiday here currently automatically qualify to be able to work in the EU?

I'm guessing yes.

lardy
17-03-16, 15:27
Well can people on holiday here currently automatically qualify to be able to work in the EU?

I'm guessing yes.

So we're looking at the combined population of India and the EU. Let's hope they all choose Canada and not NZ. Gonna be a squeeze if they go south.

Vimana.
17-03-16, 15:48
If Boris is behind the notion it will be sound, well thought out, rational and and and, I, I, I, bbubbb er ..YES! ummmmm, I, I, I, um um the best for err err umm ummm Britain.

CCFC_Urawa_Reds
18-03-16, 13:13
If Boris is behind the notion it will be sound, well thought out, rational and and and, I, I, I, bbubbb er ..YES! ummmmm, I, I, I, um um the best for err err umm ummm Britain.

Although worth voting for ... if it means us Brits can find jobs and homes in, arguably, nicer countries :big grin:

Rjk
18-03-16, 13:35
Although worth voting for ... if it means us Brits can find jobs and homes in, arguably, nicer countries :big grin:

We can't vote for this though.

the other bob wilson
18-03-16, 13:56

It will also be what Boris thinks will best benefit Boris.

Harry Monk
18-03-16, 14:04
It's another sop to the xenophobes he thinks should be running the Empire.

Claude Blue
18-03-16, 15:03
It will also be what Boris thinks will best benefit Boris.

Very true.

Amazing how many people are taken in by this man.

Croesy Blue
18-03-16, 15:12

Do you really think there are millions of polish people here? :hehe:

Who'd have thought a man who's experience of travelling the world is 200 trips to Disney world would be so narrow minded?!

blue matt
18-03-16, 15:43
Do you really think there are millions of polish people here? :hehe:

Who'd have thought a man who's experience of travelling the world is 200 trips to Disney world would be so narrow minded?!

no i dont think that, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek joke

what made is even funnier was that Rjk bit ( and now you )

you seem to think i have only been travelling to disney, I have backpacked around europe, Asia, the Middle east and Australia, add to that a fair few cities in the US on various trips at various times in my life, but for the interest of the " snipe " yes, i have only ever been to disney so that must make me narrow minded :shrug:

lardy
18-03-16, 16:06
I think it was a bit of a tongue in cheek joke

What made is even funnier was that you bit