PDA

View Full Version : IDS resigns

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 21:12
Happy days

jeepster
18-03-16, 21:16
Hope a few more of the wankers follow suit.

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 21:18
Shameful budget. Let's hope they tear themselves apart over Europe

Vimana.
18-03-16, 21:19
Happy days

He's trying to claim some kind of moral ground now? after being king of the c***s!

Either way, this is fantastic news for all the decent, caring people in this country of ours.

I predicted / suspected that soon into their term that the Nasty Party would begin to expose themselves for what they really are, and to unravel.

Look out, here it comes .. like dominoes now...

adz-a32
18-03-16, 21:20
Hell yeah!

jeepster
18-03-16, 21:20
Just what i was saying to my mate.

Dr Tim Muff
18-03-16, 21:22
Mr Duncan Smith said the cuts were "not defensible" within a Budget that "benefits higher earning taxpayers".

"I am unable to watch passively whilst certain policies are enacted in order to meet the fiscal self-imposed restraints that I believe are more and more perceived as distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest," he said in his resignation letter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

Heathblue
18-03-16, 21:25
Mr Duncan Smith said the cuts were "not defensible" within a Budget that "benefits higher earning taxpayers".

"I am unable to watch passively whilst certain policies are enacted in order to meet the fiscal self-imposed restraints that I believe are more and more perceived as distinctly political rather than in the national economic interest," he said in his resignation letter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

Do you believe that DTM ?, sounds honorable but he's a phuckin Tory thus suspicion is obvious.

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 21:28
Said on another thread I think be is trying to damage Cameron here. IDS is desperate to see us out of the EU. He is a piece of work.
Tories have stormy times a coming

Charlie
18-03-16, 21:30
Imagine conceiving a budget so brutal that a major league twat like IDS has to quit.
Thats special Mr Osborne.

Vimana.
18-03-16, 21:31
Imagine conceiving a budget so brutal that a major league twat like IDS has to quit.
Thats special Mr Osborne.

:hehe: A fine précis !

Dr Tim Muff
18-03-16, 21:34
Do you believe that DTM ?, sounds honorable but he's a phuckin Tory thus suspicion is obvious.

No I don't - I think he is a horrible scheming scumbag. I was just quoting him from the beeb.
IDS is responsible for a huge amount of misery already inflicted on the disabled and disadvantaged.
How scummy do you have to be to lose the moral high ground to a bottom feeder like IDS? :hehe:

Fila Bj
18-03-16, 21:47
I wonder if he will get sanctioned for resigning from a job. Isn't that a DWP rule?

jeepster
18-03-16, 21:48
I wonder if he will get sanctioned for resigning from a job. Isn't that a DWP rule?

:hehe:should be.

jon1959
18-03-16, 21:48
This is all about the Tory civil war over Brexit.

Self-destruction at it's finest!

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 21:57
It sure is Jon. Let's hope they tear themselves apart.

Kiffa
18-03-16, 22:01
Typical Tory self serving barsteward willing to hijack and use anything that in his eyes will benefit him.

Hope they all stab each other in the backs and crumble

insider
18-03-16, 22:07
Et tu, Brute.
:hehe:

El Gwapo
18-03-16, 22:09
Thank god they are self destructing cos there is no credible opposition for the foreseeable

Rjk
18-03-16, 22:30

Tories in disarray

blue matt
18-03-16, 22:34
Thank god they are self destructing cos there is no credible opposition for the foreseeable

thats the scary thing, they have enough time to get it back together and still be way ahead of labour :frown:

Barry Shitpeas
18-03-16, 22:34
He voted for the changes didn't he?

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 22:36
Don't count on it. The economy is going to be struggling for a long time to come. The Tories divided over Europe. A new Tory leader. Labour are back in the game.

Igovernor
18-03-16, 22:51
https://twitter.com/NadineDorriesMP?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|t wgr^author

Barry Shitpeas
18-03-16, 22:54
Don't count on it. The economy is going to be struggling for a long time to come. The Tories divided over Europe. A new Tory leader. Labour are back in the game.

I think many people underestimate the impact that Jeremy Corbyn will have on Labours fortunes. I believe the traditional Labour voters, disenfranchised by the years under Blair and Milliband will turn out in big numbers now they once again have a genuine alternative to the hated Tories.

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 23:05
I hope so mate. I really hope so.

Elwood Blues
18-03-16, 23:15

Not with Corbyn as leader.

After the referendum the Tories will still have four years to pull themselves together.

Not under Osborne though. Think he has done himself fatal damage here.

Kiffa
18-03-16, 23:20
Not with Corbyn as leader.

After the referendum the Tories will still have four years to pull themselves together.

Not under Osborne though. Think he has done himself fatal damage here.

They will be known as the government who wanted to **** the disabled over and that will still be there in 4 years time

Pearcey3
18-03-16, 23:24
Elwood I well remember back in the late 70's that nobody truly believed that Thatcher would win the General Election. Look what happened. Don't write off Corbyn. Besides the electorate dislike divided parties and the Tory wounds over Europe go deep an fester for years.

Elwood Blues
18-03-16, 23:31
They will be known as the government who wanted to **** the disabled over and that will still be there in 4 years time

A week is a long time in politics is as true today as it was when Wilson said it in the 60's

Barry Shitpeas
18-03-16, 23:50
A week is a long time in politics is as true today as it was when Wilson said it in the 60's

Tell that to Nick Clegg.

Taunton Blue Genie
18-03-16, 23:51
Shameful budget. Let's hope they tear themselves apart over Europe

Arfur?

celticknight
19-03-16, 00:04
He fancies the Chancellor's job after Boris does his post-Brexit Tory leadership coup.

surge
19-03-16, 00:32
This man openly cheered budgeting cuts that John McDonell now say means sick and disabled people will have been burdened with a third of the "savings" by 2021. One suspects this resignation was part of a ploy for a promotion further down the line (though it suggests even Tories feel Osbournes's austerity has made major mistakes) than a moral objection to the poorest, most vulnerable shouldering the recovery while the richest 10% benefit and now earn more before austerity started.

Arfur Europe
19-03-16, 01:19
Arfur?

Yes?

Mrs Steve R
19-03-16, 01:36
<header id="SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitle" class="canvas-header" data-reactid=".1an8mn82m0w.$0.0.0.2.4.0.0.0.0.0.0.$SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitleProxy.$SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitle">IDS loses legal challenge to keep Universal Credit problems secret
</header>https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ids-loses-legal-challenge-to-keep-universal-credit-101013025.html

Good timing? :sherlock:

Dr Tim Muff
19-03-16, 01:52
<header id="SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitle" class="canvas-header" data-reactid=".1an8mn82m0w.$0.0.0.2.4.0.0.0.0.0.0.$SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitleProxy.$SideTop-0-HeadComponentTitle">IDS loses legal challenge to keep Universal Credit problems secret
</header>https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ids-loses-legal-challenge-to-keep-universal-credit-101013025.html

Funnily enough I was just reading this (http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/03/17/ids-loses-legal-challenge-to-keep-universal-credit-problems) and wondering the same thing :sherlock: :sherlock:

Mrs Steve R
19-03-16, 01:58

Funnily enough I was just reading this (http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/03/17/ids-loses-legal-challenge-to-keep-universal-credit-problems) and wondering the same thing :sherlock: :sherlock:
Yeah I saw it on there too as I searched to see who else reported it, tbh I couldn't find many sites with it on so I was looking at the date for about 20 minutes to make sure it was new :hehe: tis late.

TruBlue
19-03-16, 02:38
Yeah I saw it on there too as I searched to see who else reported it, tbh I couldn't find many sites with it on so I was looking at the date for about 20 minutes to make sure it was new :hehe: tis late.

IDS probably heard you were on the hunt hence his resignation. :-)

With the stuff you've uncovered over the years he knew he was done for, only a matter of time before there was an I.D.SConscienceGate.... :facepalm:

Mrs Steve R
19-03-16, 02:48
IDS probably heard you were on the hunt hence his resignation. :-)

With the stuff you've uncovered over the years he knew he was done for, only a matter of time before there was an I.D.SConscienceGate.... :facepalm:
:hehe: Piss off.

the other bob wilson
19-03-16, 04:50
Elwood I well remember back in the late 70's that nobody truly believed that Thatcher would win the General Election. Look what happened. Don't write off Corbyn. Besides the electorate dislike divided parties and the Tory wounds over Europe go deep an fester for years.

The thing is that Labour are a divided party themselves. Whatever anyone thinks of Jeremy Corbyn, he was elected as leader by a huge majority among those entitled to vote and it's time the prima donnas in the party who won't accept that decision started to act like the democrats they claim to be.

surge
19-03-16, 09:45
Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has responded to Iain Duncan Smith's resignation on the Today programme. He says the amount the Conservatives has spent in this area (sick and disabled) is "much more" than under Labour governments. He also points to increases in pensions and the national living wage that he says will "benefit everybody, not just the few".

Isn't this a bit like saying that women are paid much more than under governments in the 80's? The fact that disabled people are still saying they're shouldering the brunt of the budget cuts is more damning than you saying you're spending more than a previous government. "If it is about benefiting everybody, not just the few" then why does the raise in minimum wage (it isn't a living wage) not benefit those under 25 and housing benefit is being cut from most of those under 21?

surge
19-03-16, 09:53
He also points to increases in pensions

Pension changes that have let down (betrayed?) women born in the 1950's.

Kiffa
19-03-16, 10:04
The thing is that Labour are a divided party themselves. Whatever anyone thinks of Jeremy Corbyn, he was elected as leader by a huge majority among those entitled to vote and it's time the prima donnas in the party who won't accept that decision started to act like the democrats they claim to be.

Quite. Now more than ever.

surge
19-03-16, 10:12
Doctors and Teachers and Police, oh my! IDS my have claimed to have resigned over the poorest, most vulnerable being singled out but you can add the police force to those who are saying they're at threat of being overworked because of politically designed shake-ups: https://www.change.org/p/london-mayor-s-office-for-policing-and-crime-mopac-unfair-changes-to-working-hours-for-metropolitan-police

Taunton Blue Genie
19-03-16, 10:44
Beware the IDS of March....

Igovernor
19-03-16, 10:51
All disibility and sickness benefits have been frozen for the last year and are still going to be frozen in the future :frown:

Elwood Blues
19-03-16, 11:07

And pigs might fly. ..........

Taunton Blue Genie
19-03-16, 11:11
Yes?

Put the light out, darling.

Jimmy the Jock
19-03-16, 11:20
I think many people underestimate the impact that Jeremy Corbyn will have on Labours fortunes. I believe the traditional Labour voters, disenfranchised by the years under Blair and Milliband will turn out in big numbers now they once again have a genuine alternative to the hated Tories.

LOL.

Jeremy Corbyn.

The guy is a very decent person but will never get anywhere near leading this country. I couldn't vote for him and have never voted for anyone bar Labour. (Oh and Margo )

Kiffa
19-03-16, 11:29
LOL.

Jeremy Corbyn.

The guy is a very decent person but will never get anywhere near leading this country. I couldn't vote for him and have never voted for anyone bar Labour. (Oh and Margo )

Why on earth would you want to vote for a very decent person eh??

Rjk
19-03-16, 23:23