PDA

View Full Version : This disabled PIP nonsense

nugent
19-03-16, 16:05
Sorry lads about a political post on match day, but I did post this in another thread and it's been ignored.

My question is this, what's all this fuss about the PIP?
After reading the gov. website, I see it as if you're genuinely in need,then you will get the help you deserve. Looks as if the money "saved" is going to help the proper disabled.
The govt. Have put an extra £1bn in ffs mun, win win surely?

Dr Tim Muff
19-03-16, 16:25
If you genuinely want to know I suggest that you look at some of the many hundreds of articles on the subject. They are all over the news channels and the internet You might also want to ask yourself where the money for your tax cuts (and the other benefits you received a few days ago) has come from. You might want to check out a fella called Iain Duncan Smith - who was until yesterday managing benefit reform in the UK - and see why he resigned.

Maybe you should have done this before talking about scroungers and immigrants, but it's not too late.
After your research you may feel inclined to sign this petition condemning the slashing of support for those UNABLE to work:
https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/save-pip

I hope so.

Dr Tim Muff
19-03-16, 16:29
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3496008/Wheelchair-bound-Tory-disability-campaigner-sabotages-party-s-website-accuses-George-Osborne-destroying-lives-Budget.html

Rhiw-Blue
19-03-16, 16:54
Having lived with disability for 6 years it is pretty amazing the lack of empathy being shown by Cameron especially.

That said I don't suppose his need for DLA / PIP was quite as essential as the people he's now shafting

jeepster
19-03-16, 17:16
Sorry lads about a political post on match day, but I did post this in another thread and it's been ignored.

After reading the gov. website, I see it as if you're genuinely in need,then you will get the help you deserve. Looks as if the money "saved" is going to help the proper disabled.

Do you believe that crap.

nugent
19-03-16, 17:18
If you genuinely want to know I suggest that you look at some of the many hundreds of articles on the subject. They are all over the news channels and the internet You might also want to ask yourself where the money for your tax cuts (and the other benefits you received a few days ago) has come from. You might want to check out a fella called Iain Duncan Smith - who was until yesterday managing benefit reform in the UK - and see why he resigned.

Maybe you should have done this before talking about scroungers and immigrants, but it's not too late.
After your research you may feel inclined to sign this petition condemning the slashing of support for those UNABLE to work:
https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/save-pip

I hope so.

Still. No answer to my question, so basically, after an assessor has been around and after a doctors judgement, if they think a certain person can do something then they will be assessed on that basis.

jeepster
19-03-16, 17:22
Still. No answer to my question, so basically, after an assessor has been around and after a doctors judgement, if they think a certain person can do something then they will be assessed on that basis.

Did you read about the lady with terminal cancer,they passed her fit to work.Then they said we did not read her doctors notes we missed them.

nugent
19-03-16, 17:29
Did you read about the lady with terminal cancer,they passed her fit to work.Then they said we did not read her doctors notes we missed them.

I'm sure that was a genuine mistake, which is why it made it to the press , thing is Jeeps , there was a disabled bloke on the telly the other day ordering an online shop and welcoming the fact it give him confidence to try other stuff.

I don't get all this fuss in the press. Like I said earlier, everywhere I read , if you genuinely need the help you will get it.

Dr Tim Muff
19-03-16, 17:33

Had you done a little research as I suggested (you clearly haven't) you would know that the assessments and judgements are not carried out by doctors. You would also know that these cuts are being achieved by changing the criteria required to qualify for essential support - not by saying they can miraculously do something today that they couldn't do yesterday. They still accept that the problems and disabilities exist FFS.

If you want to do the research (and looking at the government website is NOT research) I would happily help. As it is, I'm sorry to say that I believe you are supporting an attack on the most vulnerable people in society purely through laziness and for your own personal gain. Nobody will want to discuss with you on that basis.

I expect the tory party themselves to withdraw these horrendous cuts pretty soon - even many of their own MPs are saying this cannot be justified. Which you would know if you had taken 10 minutes of your precious time to question things for yourself.

Croesy Blue
19-03-16, 17:34
I'm sure that was a genuine mistake, which is why it made it to the press , thing is Jeeps , there was a disabled bloke on the telly the other day ordering an online shop and welcoming the fact it give him confidence to try other stuff.

I don't get all this fuss in the press. Like I said earlier, everywhere I read , if you genuinely need the help you will get it.
You're a geuine simpleton it isn't worth conversing with you.

jeepster
19-03-16, 17:36

But it is not always the case,i think more slip through than get help,i know of two on my estate so sad.

nugent
19-03-16, 17:49
Had you done a little research as I suggested (you clearly haven't) you would know that the assessments and judgements are not carried out by doctors. You would also know that these cuts are being achieved by changing the criteria required to qualify for essential support - not by saying they can miraculously do something today that they couldn't do yesterday. They still accept that the problems and disabilities exist FFS.

If you want to do the research (and looking at the government website is NOT research) I would happily help. As it is, I'm sorry to say that I believe you are supporting an attack on the most vulnerable people in society purely through laziness and for your own personal gain. Nobody will want to discuss with you on that basis.

I expect the tory party themselves to withdraw these horrendous cuts pretty soon - even many of their own MPs are saying this cannot be justified. Which you would know if you had taken 10 minutes of your precious time to question things for yourself.

What do you mean the govt. website is not research? perhaps you should do some research... read this https://www.gov.uk/pip

The reason im posting this thread is because, over the years, Ive done a bit of sub contracting work for various councils, let me tell you something, when you work in someones house for a few days, they like to chat, and tell you happily they are claiming DA , while popping out for a few pints up the pub and coming back to lock up while smoking fags.
just watch Jeremy kyle, theres a few facking scum on there that are claiming and walk on stage with a walking stick.
ive seen first hand the scroungers screwing us. I grew up up the valleys and seen it first hand.
IF YOU ARE GENUINELY UNABLE TO WORK , THEN FAIR ENOUGH.
ive just returned from the pub, where EVERYONE was talking about this PIP thing, in front of 2 piss heads that are claiming disability, but are able bodied and are taking the piss, we all made sure they could hear us.

Dr Tim Muff
19-03-16, 17:59
What do you mean the govt. website is not research? perhaps you should do some research... read this https://www.gov.uk/pip

The reason im posting this thread is because, over the years, Ive done a bit of sub contracting work for various councils, let me tell you something, when you work in someones house for a few days, they like to chat, and tell you happily they are claiming DA , while popping out for a few pints up the pub and coming back to lock up while smoking fags.
just watch Jeremy kyle, theres a few facking scum on there that are claiming and walk on stage with a walking stick.
ive seen first hand the scroungers screwing us. I grew up up the valleys and seen it first hand.
IF YOU ARE GENUINELY UNABLE TO WORK , THEN FAIR ENOUGH.
ive just returned from the pub, where EVERYONE was talking about this PIP thing, in front of 2 piss heads that are claiming disability, but are able bodied and are taking the piss, we all made sure they could hear us.

So your "evidence" is the official gov website which doesn't even mention PIP cuts, a "guy on the telly", the Jeremy Kyle show, and some drunks in the pub?

Great research fella.

nugent
19-03-16, 18:12
So your "evidence" is the official gov website which doesn't even mention PIP cuts, a "guy on the telly", the Jeremy Kyle show, and some drunks in the pub?

Great research fella.
the gov. website was so I could see what and how disabled people are assessed on. T
The guy on the telly had so much courage that if all able bodied people had his courage then this would be a great world to live on.
As for Jeremy kyle show, my missus got it on series record thing, so I end up enduring the scruffy fackers for the last 10 years, I can tell you now, in case you don't watch it, that show has the scum of the earth on there, full of people that are clearly claiming but "need" to walk around with a walking stick, "disabled" people also need to go to the dentist if JK show is anything to go by.
The "drunks" up the pub, are all workers, and were making sure they were heard in front of the 2 lads who are also scrounging disability, but do "cash in hand" work on building sites.

Not so much research, just experience mate.

And if you are still not convinced, I`ll take you for a trip to my old hometown up the valleys.

Croesy Blue
19-03-16, 18:14
Everything you're saying is unrelated to the point. What has the fact that you have a thick Mrs who watched shit tv for brain dead got to do with anything?

nugent
19-03-16, 18:17
Everything you're saying is unrelated to the point. What has the fact that you have a thick Mrs who watched shit tv for brain dead got to do with anything?

how old are you?

Igovernor
19-03-16, 18:32
Nugent you really are too daft to be dull. Stop sticking up for a policy just because it is from a tory government, I voted tory, but there is no way I agree with these cuts for the disabled. It seems to me you are classing scroungers, who should be working with the disabled who cannot work or if they can do some work do so with great difficulty. I guess you will never need the sort of help that the disabled need, not that you mght at some point become disabled yourself, because you are one of the tory rich and can pay for all the help you would need, having saved all that extra money with tax cuts given to you by robbing the disabled. Enough said, go and crawl back under that stone you came out from. Bloody tory man U fan

jeepster
19-03-16, 18:35
the gov. website was so I could see what and how disabled people are assessed on. T
The guy on the telly had so much courage that if all able bodied people had his courage then this would be a great world to live on.
As for Jeremy kyle show, my missus got it on series record thing, so I end up enduring the scruffy fackers for the last 10 years, I can tell you now, in case you don't watch it, that show has the scum of the earth on there, full of people that are clearly claiming but "need" to walk around with a walking stick, "disabled" people also need to go to the dentist if JK show is anything to go by.
The "drunks" up the pub, are all workers, and were making sure they were heard in front of the 2 lads who are also scrounging disability, but do "cash in hand" work on building sites.

Not so much research, just experience mate.

And if you are still not convinced, I`ll take you for a trip to my old hometown up the valleys.

what a complete and utter load of bollocks.

surge
19-03-16, 18:36
Nugent, can an individual work while claiming ESA?

Mrs Steve R
19-03-16, 18:39
Bit uncalled for? he might be a Tory but he's still a person, why not educate him rather than abuse him? just a suggestion. :-)

nugent
19-03-16, 18:42
Bit uncalled for? he might be a Tory but he's still a person, why not educate him rather than abuse him? just a suggestion. :-)

Thanks Mrs r. I'm just waiting for the working class to come in from the football and then we'll be back to normal here

Croesy Blue
19-03-16, 19:30
how old are you?

29 and Old enough to know what Jeremy Kyle's target audience is.

J R Hartley
19-03-16, 20:37
Nugent you are a self righteous stickleback of a human being

jeepster
19-03-16, 20:53
Thanks Mrs r. I'm just waiting for the working class to come in from the football and then we'll be back to normal here

What a prick you really are,knob.

bobh
19-03-16, 22:59
Let's stop throwing insultss about, shall we?

Anyway, the latest benefits cuts have been scrapped tonight.

PIP requirements will still be stricter than DLA, though..
I suspect many claimants will still miss out (as they have been doing) according to the whim of the assessor.

nugent
19-03-16, 23:54
Who the fack do you think youre talking too.
Most normal people here know I'm on a wind up.
Chill mun.

bobh
20-03-16, 09:10
Let's stop throwing insultss about, shall we?

Anyway, the latest benefits cuts have been scrapped tonight.

PIP requirements will still be stricter than DLA, though..
I suspect many claimants will still miss out (as they have been doing) according to the whim of the assessor.
Looks like I've had a mare here.
I could have sworn they said this on the BBC news last night, but haven't seen or heard of anything since. Sorry. :frown:

Steve R
20-03-16, 15:45

Chill mun.

He has a point to be fair. :hehe:

jeepster
20-03-16, 17:26
Chill mun.

Apologies sent to you, had a bad day.:biggrin:

Barry Dragon
21-03-16, 08:44

As far as I can gather they are only putting in an extra million, because they are cutting $4.5bn. Without the cuts they would have increased spending by $5.5bn up til 2020. They are having to introduce these cuts as there are more people than originally estimated getting a higher level of payments under PIP. They under estimated the level of disability of claimants. So to deal with this they want to cut the payments.

Its not an extra £1bn being spent, that is purely down to the increase in spending for existing claimants, and this would have been $5.5bn higher without cuts. This as far as I can tell is not spending elsewhere, but increases in spending on existing claimants. This is because as people get transferred over to PIP and are assessed they had hoped people were not as disabled, but it turns out they are.

the other bob wilson
21-03-16, 08:51
Looks like I've had a mare here.
I could have sworn they said this on the BBC news last night, but haven't seen or heard of anything since. Sorry. :frown:

Judging by what I've just seen on the telly and heard on the radio, it sounds like you were right.

TH63
21-03-16, 09:00
Judging by what I've just seen on the telly and heard on the radio, it sounds like you were right.

Good news. Corbyn calling for Gideon to resign, which he absolutely should do.

I don't trust IDS, therefore cannot take his reasons for resigning at face value (when did he grow a conscience?) but this budget has cost the government a minister, a backtrack on a budget that's less than a week old, Gideon has to go, and go now.

Charlie
21-03-16, 10:40
Chill mun.

If you are genuinely on a wind up then you need to up your game.Because your responses to people on this thread are far too believable to be simply mischief making.
If you do believe everything you've written then you really need to look at your own moral compass as you're only a work related accident or a car crash away from being potentially disabled yourself.

gnasher
21-03-16, 11:18
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/welfare/2016/03/shameful-and-shambolic-worst-iain-duncan-smith-s-welfare-legacy

Splott-light...
21-03-16, 12:40
If you are genuinely on a wind up then you need to up your game.Because your responses to people on this thread are far too believable to be simply mischief making.
If you do believe everything you've written then you really need to look at your own moral compass as you're only a work related accident or a car crash away from being potentially disabled yourself.

Exactly

Fed up off nugget and his wholier then though attitude

lardy
21-03-16, 12:53
If its a wind up, then maybe pick a less sensitive subject next time, eh?

SLUDGE FACTORY
21-03-16, 12:57
Nugget is just ignorant , I feel sorry for his kind

Hope he doesn't do himself any damage whist in the construction industry .......a highly dangerous environment .........then had to apply for benefits because he becomes disabled .........oooops

Mrs Steve R
21-03-16, 13:01
I fear my son will end up being a Tory, when he was revising at the CCS the other day he sold the internet password to some of his mates for 50p each.

nugent
21-03-16, 13:22
Nugget is just ignorant , I feel sorry for his kind

Hope he doesn't do himself any damage whist in the construction industry .......a highly dangerous environment .........then had to apply for benefits because he becomes disabled .........oooops

Two things...
Insurance
The missus' income

nugent
21-03-16, 13:23
I fear my son will end up being a Tory, when he was revising at the CCS the other day he sold the internet password to some of his mates for 50p each.

Well done little R
You should be proud of him.

Jimmy the Jock
21-03-16, 13:46

Thats not being a Tory. Thats enterprise which should be applauded.

How many poor Labour MPS are there?

Mrs Steve R
21-03-16, 13:54

Thats not being a Tory. Thats enterprise which should be applauded.

How many poor Labour MPS are there?
:hehe: Yeah but it's still not his to sell.

Barry Dragon
21-03-16, 14:25
:hehe: Yeah but it's still not his to sell.

Tell him I will give him a £1 for it for the next game.

Mrs Steve R
21-03-16, 14:30
Tell him I will give him a £1 for it for the next game.
:hehe:

SLUDGE FACTORY
21-03-16, 14:46
Two things...
Insurance
The missus' income

One thing and my last word ever to you ..........they don't always pay out !!............if they don't pray

Now go away you silly little boy

Badly Ironed Shirt
21-03-16, 15:32
One thing and my last word ever to you ..........they don't always pay out !!............if they don't pray

Sad but true. Nugent, check all the fine print in your insurance documents. There's likely to be some grey areas that could render your insurance null and void. For example, injury caused by or resulting from your own stupidity will not be paid out - which is very unfortunate in your case.

nugent
21-03-16, 17:36

cmon sludge, you love me really.