PDA

View Full Version : Manics to do the Wales euro2016 song.

Charlie
22-03-16, 14:57
ManicStreetPreachers ‏@Manics 2h2 hours ago
It's with great pride we can announce the Manics are providing the official Wales Euro 2016 song - 'Together Stronger (C'mon Wales)'.

Colonel Cærdiffi
22-03-16, 15:03
♫♪ "Two-thousand years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming" ♪♫

Charlie
22-03-16, 15:48

City123
22-03-16, 16:40
Is it Bobby Gould Must Go?

Barry Shitpeas
22-03-16, 18:34
Ptobably the best candidates, one thing the Manics are good at its an anthem.

Vimana.
22-03-16, 18:45
Fair do's.

I hope its not 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' ..

Elysium
22-03-16, 18:47
Nice people.

Those Mancs.

Charlie
22-03-16, 19:27
Nice people.

Those Mancs.

:hehe:

NYCBlue
23-03-16, 00:09
Should've been SFA.

Mr Soul '68
23-03-16, 07:56
The Manics are a pile of vastly over-rated toss.

I for one, hope that I avoid at all costs, having to listen to what will be a pile of dirge. Unfortunately I won't be able to, this coming summer :facepalm:

Barry Shitpeas
23-03-16, 08:36
The Manics are a pile of vastly over-rated toss.

I for one, hope that I avoid at all costs, having to listen to what will be a pile of dirge. Unfortunately I won't be able to, this coming summer :facepalm:

It's just a football song mate.

Charlie
23-03-16, 09:30
Should've been SFA.

Maybe they can do an alternative one like Colourbox did in 1990.

The Manics have a much wider reach than SFA and as the proceeds go to charity its the best choice.

Mr Soul '68
23-03-16, 10:29
Maybe they can do an alternative one like Colourbox did in 1990.

The Manics have a much wider reach than SFA and as the proceeds go to charity its the best choice.

Yes, you are a right :ayatollah:

Despite my feelings that they are grossly over-rated, The Manics are probably the best known Welsh music band or artist out there, bar Tom Jones. Tommy boy though, has never ever nailed his colours to the mast, football wise.

Soooo, let's hope, as it is a charity single the Manics make loadsa money for whichever charity it is going to be the beneficiary of this release

Croesy Blue
23-03-16, 10:37
I'd love a SFA's one too.

I think it's harsh to say the manics are over rated when you look at how much varied quality there is in their back catalogue. Maybe they've suffered because of their longevity and the fact their later songs aren't as powerful as the early stuff but how good is that early stuff!

richard.
23-03-16, 10:51
SFA would have nailed this, disappointed it's going to be some dreary Manics bs.

TH63
23-03-16, 11:22
Yes, you are a right :ayatollah:

Despite my feelings that they are grossly over-rated, The Manics are probably the best known Welsh music band or artist out there, bar Tom Jones. Tommy boy though, has never ever nailed his colours to the mast, football wise.

Soooo, let's hope, as it is a charity single the Manics make loadsa money for whichever charity it is going to be the beneficiary of this release

That's not unusual

City123
23-03-16, 13:16
Ptobably the best candidates, one thing the Manics are good at its an anthem.
THIS ^^^^^

As much as I love SFA, if they did it it would end up sounding like a parody song

BLUETIT
23-03-16, 14:03
THIS ^^^^^

As much as I love SFA, if they did it it would end up sounding like a parody song

Why should Scotland have anything to do with our song :hehe:

City123
23-03-16, 14:04
Why should Scotland have anything to do with our song :hehe:

lardy
23-03-16, 14:40
The Holy Bale

Charlie
23-03-16, 15:16
The Holy Bale

Ifsamhammamtoldthetruthforonedayhisworldwouldfalla part.

City123
23-03-16, 16:19
The Holy Bale

Send Away the Dragons?

The Bob Banker Spanker
23-03-16, 19:25
Will this song feature James Fox?

Vimana.
23-03-16, 20:52
The Holy Bale

Send Away the Dragons?

Ramseys in the Hospital

Kevin Carterley

Croesy Blue
23-03-16, 21:04
Little Baley nothing

Vimana.
23-03-16, 21:06
Little Baley nothing
:biggrin:

Arfur Europe
23-03-16, 21:16
Motorcycle Empty Bale

Charlie
23-03-16, 22:10
Let Robeson-Kanu sing.

Vimana.
23-03-16, 22:25
Let Robeson-Kanu sing.
:malky:

beef
23-03-16, 22:39
Gareth Bale Alooooone. Is still enough! Still enough! Still enooooough!

Arfur Europe
23-03-16, 22:52
Sŵn Army, Sŵn Army, came washing ov-er me ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuGpE73NwYw

NigelBlues
24-03-16, 00:16
I've actually heard a short clip of it and it's unmistakeably Manics so those who like them won't be disappointed. May well catch on as a chant too.

And let's be fair after having tournament after tournament of watching England, Scotland and Oreland having these songs - good or not - it's just bloody brilliant to finally have one of our own.

Barry Shitpeas
24-03-16, 00:24
I've actually heard a short clip of it and it's unmistakeably Manics so those who like them won't be disappointed. May well catch on as a chant too.

And let's be fair after having tournament after tournament of watching England, Scotland and Oreland having these songs - good or not - it's just bloody brilliant to finally have one of our own.

There's only one song I hope to be singing on 17th June.

"They're going home, they're going home, they're going............"

bluesinceuwer2m8
24-03-16, 03:36
if you tolerate this then your chidren will be bale

you stole the williams from the heart of the defence

your love alone is not wayne hennesey

a design for barry horne

Baloo
24-03-16, 06:18
England have set the bar high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux5qfj1wveI

City123
24-03-16, 11:25
England have set the bar high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux5qfj1wveI
Fair play, they did a really good job of showing what your average England fan looks like

That's not the "Official Song" by the way

Baloo
24-03-16, 11:32
Fair play, they did a really good job of showing what your average England fan looks like

That's not the "Official Song" by the way
Yeh, I know. And in fairness it's all for a good cause etc.

It's distinctly English crapness did make me chuckle though.

Edit - having said that it is a bit like the "Do The Ayatollah" video from a few year's back. :sherlock:

Arfur Europe
24-03-16, 11:34
Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Owain Fon Williams

Mr Soul '68
24-03-16, 11:34
I'd love a SFA's one too.

I think it's harsh to say the manics are over rated when you look at how much varied quality there is in their back catalogue. Maybe they've suffered because of their longevity and the fact their later songs aren't as powerful as the early stuff but how good is that early stuff!

I wouldn't say it's harsh at all, to say they Manics are over-rated. Too me there is no varied quality whatsoever, in their back catalogue, which is the stuff I am familiar with i.e their first four albums. It's all deary, middle-of-the-road indie tosh.

If you like your 90s indie, here is a link to an 90s indie festival, coming up. To me, this would be my idea of bland, boring kack. However, to others on this message board I am sure it would be their idea of heaven, music wise :music:

https://www.ents24.com/festival/star-shaped-festival/4671191?UID=02135374&referer=newsletter2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter2&utm_campaign=weekly

City123
24-03-16, 11:47
Gould Against the Soul
So Why So Bradshaw
Ocean Tay(lor)
The Love of Richards' Position
Your Love Alone is Not Owain Fon

City123
24-03-16, 11:49
Yeh, I know. And in fairness it's all for a good cause etc.

It's distinctly English crapness did make me chuckle though.

Edit - having said that it is a bit like the "Do The Ayatollah" video from a few year's back. :sherlock:
Their official song is going to be called "Oi Roy" :hehe:

I can't wait to hear it :hehe:

Baloo
24-03-16, 12:15

If it's the one that was around during the World Cup, it's exaggerated cockneyness is of Dick Van Dyke proportions.

Vimana.
24-03-16, 12:40

Oi Woy? !

Croesy Blue
24-03-16, 12:53

Is it written by a Jewish band?

Croesy Blue
24-03-16, 12:56
I wouldn't say it's harsh at all, to say they Manics are over-rated. Too me there is no varied quality whatsoever, in their back catalogue, which is the stuff I am familiar with i.e their first four albums. It's all deary, middle-of-the-road indie tosh.

If you like your 90s indie, here is a link to an 90s indie festival, coming up. To me, this would be my idea of bland, boring kack. However, to others on this message board I am sure it would be their idea of heaven, music wise :music:

https://www.ents24.com/festival/star-shaped-festival/4671191?UID=02135374&referer=newsletter2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter2&utm_campaign=weekly

I can understand people not liking them, but songs like masses against the classes, faster, you love us etc are hardly middle of the road indie.

I think their later stuff could be described as that and they don't have the longevity of SFA but manics early stuff was great more punk or glam than indie.

Croesy Blue
24-03-16, 12:58
I wouldn't lump them in with bands like mansun etc in that link, looks a terrible line up to me :hehe:

City123
24-03-16, 13:08
They could have done much worse than the Manics

Mr Soul '68
24-03-16, 13:43
I can understand people not liking them, but songs like masses against the classes, faster, you love us etc are hardly middle of the road indie.

I think their later stuff could be described as that and they don't have the longevity of SFA but manics early stuff was great more punk or glam than indie.

I've just listened to the three sings you have mentioned.

With hindsight Masses Against The Classes is pretty damn good for them. James Dean Bradfields vocals just grate with me, unfortunately

Faster, sounds like an average punk band outta the '78/'79 period

You Love Us, sounds like a bad Clash rip-off, in the same way that Oasis were never more than an over rated bunch of third rate Beatles plagiarists

Just as well we don't all like the same half a dozen bands and songs though, eh?