View Full Version : Whitts and Paul Scholes.

the other bob wilson
03-04-16, 07:45
On certain days when the sun is the right place and the wind's behind him, you could, maybe, make a valid comparison between Whitts and Paul Scholes, but, increasingly, he is moving into the Scholes class as a tackler - every time he tries one, he gets a yellow card :hehe:.

Lawnmower
03-04-16, 09:14
How on earth did the Derby player not get one for the 2 footed challenge on him in the first half ?

Whitts didn't seem to want to know after that.

I thought the ref was very lenient with Derby all game

Croesy Blue
03-04-16, 09:19
He's quite clever with them though, always gets one to break down a counter attack when we might be under some pressure.

the other bob wilson
03-04-16, 09:25
How on earth did the Derby player not get one for the 2 footed challenge on him in the first half ?

Whitts didn't seem to want to know after that.

I thought the ref was very lenient with Derby all game

I thought the only debate was whether it was a red or yellow card - I was edging towards it being a red.

tomm
03-04-16, 09:28
I thought the only debate was whether it was a red or yellow card - I was edging towards it being a red.

Ref didn't even seem to give a foul for it as the keeper restarted play from well inside the box.

Blue Tone
03-04-16, 09:32
He's quite clever with them though, always gets one to break down a counter attack when we might be under some pressure.

He knows exactly what he's doing when he gets a yellow. How many times has he tripped up a player who has got past him on the half way line going forward.
Very clever taking one for the team to break down the opposition play especially when they are about to break.
His lack of pace is also a contributing factor haha

Ring_Peace
03-04-16, 09:32
Ref didn't even seem to give a foul for it as the keeper restarted play from well inside the box.

I think it was a prior Immers foul just seconds earlier?

tomm
03-04-16, 09:44
I think it was a prior Immers foul just seconds earlier?

Thought that was after the Whitts challenge, but could be wrong, would have to see it again.

surge
03-04-16, 10:07

There was a period when he got away with it, being "quiet, nice Whitts", too.

Baker
03-04-16, 12:20
Two goals from two Whittingham corners I see.

Hardly surprising, I honestly don't know what we'll do without him.

Llanedeyrnblue
03-04-16, 19:59
And of course Whitts is not a ginger