PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Wednesday Away

Der Kaiser
07-04-16, 14:59
Given the prices of tickets at Hillsborough, anyone else think the club should offer free travel ? Doing their best to get the fans back, but realistically how many are going to when you're paying through the roof plus travel, free travel and loads more would go.

Rhiw-Blue
07-04-16, 15:04
The way the club is going free travel wouldn't surprise me IF there's anything on the game

BlueWales
07-04-16, 15:22
There was a thread earlier which seemed to suggest this game was now being played on the Sunday.

Is this true or false ?

Also could the free coaches do a pick up in Royal Wootton Bassett ?:hehe:

BLUETIT
07-04-16, 17:03
There was a thread earlier which seemed to suggest this game was now being played on the Sunday.

Is this true or false ?

Also could the free coaches do a pick up in Royal Wootton Bassett ?:hehe:

Been told unofficially that the game is Saturday 30th April.

ken smith
07-04-16, 17:13
I honestly think the club should say stick your tickets and not take an allocation. We've seen that as a fanbase we do actually have some power when we all unite.

Also we won both the games where we had no away fans so it could work in our favour!

IanD
07-04-16, 18:17

Still a 3.00pm kick off?

BLUETIT
07-04-16, 18:33

Still a 3.00pm kick off?

Unofficially, yes.

IanD
07-04-16, 19:10
Unofficially, yes.

Cheers

Sloop_Jon_Bee
07-04-16, 20:33
I have been thinking of giving this one a miss for reasons other than the prices. Especially if there is a play off place at stake. I have been to most of the away games this season. The shabby treatment of that game in 2009 still pisses me off. Not allowed to drink/visit Sheffield prior to the game, Rendevous hours before game at a boiling hot industrial park. Arriving at the ground after kick off. Only given tickets for the top tier. And overall crap policing by Yorkshire's finest. Can't see it being any different this time around.
Spedger

jon1959
07-04-16, 20:41
This is my biggest away game of the season - and inked into the calendar.

Not just because it is just up the road for me - but also because of the importance in the run in, the league positions of the clubs, the history (2009 when I was in with the home fans - nightmare, Dave Jones, Glenn Loovens, and loads of other ex-Cardiff signed for S6), a lot of Wednesdayite mates..... and more.

I have spent months talking down our chances - but if we win and squeeze into the top 6 I will be in Bluebird heaven all summer - and letting them all know it!

Walkley_owl
07-04-16, 22:15
This is my biggest away game of the season - and inked into the calendar.

Not just because it is just up the road for me - but also because of the importance in the run in, the league positions of the clubs, the history (2009 when I was in with the home fans - nightmare, Dave Jones, Glenn Loovens, and loads of other ex-Cardiff signed for S6), a lot of Wednesdayite mates..... and more.

I have spent months talking down our chances - but if we win and squeeze into the top 6 I will be in Bluebird heaven all summer - and letting them all know it!

Prices to be announced tomorrow, be interesting to see what we charge for this potential 'big game'

NYCBlue
08-04-16, 02:14
I hope not, but I think our season will be over before then.

Walkley_owl
08-04-16, 14:51
I hope not, but I think our season will be over before then.

Sadly we've decided to charge £36 adult, £10 under 17 and £5 under 11

Colonel Cærdiffi
08-04-16, 15:16
I have been thinking of giving this one a miss for reasons other than the prices. Especially if there is a play off place at stake. I have been to most of the away games this season. The shabby treatment of that game in 2009 still pisses me off. Not allowed to drink/visit Sheffield prior to the game, Rendevous hours before game at a boiling hot industrial park. Arriving at the ground after kick off. Only given tickets for the top tier. And overall crap policing by Yorkshire's finest. Can't see it being any different this time around.
Spedger
Is that what happened? What an absolute piss-take.

ken smith
08-04-16, 16:01
Spedger

We met at rv point. Were taken straight to ground and about 3 hours before kick off and we all just walked the other way to off licence. There were hundreds of us drinking in the street and we were pretty much left to it by the police.

jon1959
08-04-16, 16:07

This has been 'designated' as a Category C game by the Wednesday Board.

How much do they charge for Category A or B?

Scandalous exploitation of home and away fans.

IanD
08-04-16, 16:09
Unofficially, yes.

Tickets have gone on sale on the Owls website. 3.00pm on April 30th it is.

But.....any travel restrictions likely?

Michael Morris
08-04-16, 16:15
This has been 'designated' as a Category C game by the Wednesday Board.

How much do they charge for Category A or B?

Scandalous exploitation of home and away fans.

Cat B = £39
Cat A = £42

There seems to be a Cat A* @ £45 as well.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
08-04-16, 16:29
We met at rv point. Were taken straight to ground and about 3 hours before kick off and we all just walked the other way to off licence. There were hundreds of us drinking in the street and we were pretty much left to it by the police.

That didn't happen to our bus and many other buses either. Glad you had a good day. Didn't happen for me.
Spedger

BlueWales
08-04-16, 16:32
Wednesday's board must still think they are a " massive " team and can charge silly money.

Not sure I can be bothered to go now.

BLUETIT
08-04-16, 17:04
I would seriously like to boycott this game, but as it's the last away fixture (apart from the play-off semi-final & possibly final:hehe:), most regulars will want to go.

insider
08-04-16, 17:14
Bristol City fans boycotted Their game there. It was their first game back at this level as well.

NYCBlue
08-04-16, 17:33
Cat B = £39
Cat A = £42

There seems to be a Cat A* @ £45 as well.

Absolutely ridiculous. Such a blatant piss-take. How do they gat away with it? How much does an away fan pay at the CCS?

Geraint!
08-04-16, 17:39
Absolutely ridiculous. Such a blatant piss-take. How do they gat away with it? How much does an away fan pay at the CCS?

£24 is the most we charge. That goes up by £3 if you pay on the day.

ken smith
08-04-16, 18:03
That didn't happen to our bus and many other buses either. Glad you had a good day. Didn't happen for me.
Spedger

I think we were just lucky we were one of the first few coaches bussed in. About 200 people just got off coaches and walked away from the ground so not alt they could do really.

South Yorkshire Police for you, the biggest bunch of walkers to ever grace a football match (including the jacks)

Ps the result ensured no-one had a good day

City123
08-04-16, 19:07
£36 is disgusting

BLUETIT
08-04-16, 19:50

Going to be a lot of under 17's travelling that day. :hehe::hehe:

Sloop_Jon_Bee
08-04-16, 22:19
I think we were just lucky we were one of the first few coaches bussed in. About 200 people just got off coaches and walked away from the ground so not alt they could do really.

South Yorkshire Police for you, the biggest bunch of walkers to ever grace a football match (including the jacks)

Ps the result ensured no-one had a good day

Very true Ken.