PDA

View Full Version : So then, Slade still here come June? Or does he get a....

Keyser Soze
11-04-16, 19:32
....firm Malaysian, unpolished, Doc Marten punted up his butthole and then kindly asked to vacate the premises with a giro in his back pocket? Answers on a post card please.

darran1927
11-04-16, 19:38
Hope it's the latter

Keyser Soze
11-04-16, 19:43
I am not convinced. Style has been improving. Players clicking. I have a weird feeling that Vinny might look at it and think, hmm not bad pretty close. Few more signings and we could be there? Roll the dice again on the cheap?

neilw65
12-04-16, 08:52
I am not convinced. Style has been improving. Players clicking. I have a weird feeling that Vinny might look at it and think, hmm not bad pretty close. Few more signings and we could be there? Roll the dice again on the cheap?

I think he has to go. Yes we have improved over the last couple of months, but in fairness we couldn't get much worse. Slades limitations are still there and I believe that if we hadn't signed Immers we would be as we were, and I think he himself admits Immers wasn't his signing.

jon1959
12-04-16, 09:01
I think he has to go. Yes we have improved over the last couple of months, but in fairness we couldn't get much worse. Slades limitations are still there and I believe that if we hadn't signed Immers we would be as we were, and I think he himself admits Immers wasn't his signing.

If Immers wasn't Slade's signing - who takes the credit?

I think the club have a patchy network of scouts (but no prominent chief scout since Ole and John Vik left) and a Recruitment Panel of Slade, Tan, Choo and Dalman. But only Slade has any football knowledge amongst that lot. Dalman thinks he has some knowledge and has contacts (via Man United and other clubs he has worked with - hence the disastrous Ole appointment) but that wouldn't lead him to Lex Immers.

Is there a new Glen Roeder figure in the club producing lists of possible signings - like an invisible Director of Football - and working to Choo and Dalman direct? Wouldn't we have heard something if that was the case?

Tandy
12-04-16, 09:03

Who would you like as manager?

Slade should be given a 3 year contract so he can carry on the good work. Not many fans gave him a prayer at the start of the season but he has proved them wrong.

Rjk
12-04-16, 09:25
If we keep immers ID be happy to see him stay, if we can't then I'm not sure

the other bob wilson
12-04-16, 09:26

I think the club have a patchy network of scouts (but no prominent chief scout since Ole and John Vik left) and a Recruitment Panel of Slade, Tan, Choo and Dalman. But only Slade has any football knowledge amongst that lot. Dalman thinks he has some knowledge and has contacts (via Man United and other clubs he has worked with - hence the disastrous Ole appointment) but that wouldn't lead him to Lex Immers.

Is there a new Glen Roeder figure in the club producing lists of possible signings - like an invisible Director of Football - and working to Choo and Dalman direct? Wouldn't we have heard something if that was the case?

I'm guessing, but I think someone at Koortik has a good knowledge of players in Northern mainland Europe and we have been getting help from them - think the odd high profile agent may have been providing a name or two as well.

jon1959
12-04-16, 09:32

I'm guessing, but I think someone at Koortik has a good knowledge of players in Northern mainland Europe and we have been getting help from them - think the odd high profile agent may have been providing a name or two as well.

That makes sense. It also fits with a lack of clear club strategy for playing style, recruitment and youth development. A bit ad hoc and chaotic. I hope there is more direction and structure put in place this summer - and that the club get better at communicating this with supporters.

NYCBlue
12-04-16, 11:13

Slade should be given a 3 year contract so he can carry on the good work. Not many fans gave him a prayer at the start of the season but he has proved them wrong.

He set a target of reaching the playoffs. It doesn't look like it's going to work out. I don't think he's proved anyone wrong yet.

darran1927
12-04-16, 11:56

Neil Warnock is at Rotherham , I'd be surprised if they are paying him much . Think alot of fans are underestimating that Cardiff job is a job that alot of managers will apply for . The rebrand is over so the new manager wont have to deal with that when there was constant negativity in the stands, the finances are more or less sorted , the club is a pretty big club in the Championship and has Premiership ambitions so I believe there will be more takers for the job than people seem to think .
I just don't get fans who think Slade is the best thing we can possibly do

ken smith
12-04-16, 11:59

Didn't Slade say he only signed Immers because of the embargo and he wouldn't have looked at him otherwise?

ken smith
12-04-16, 12:00
Why do people always ask the fans who we should get instead?

darran1927
12-04-16, 12:05
Why do people always ask the fans who we should get instead?

I know winds me up there is lots of managers out there better than Slade who would jump at the chance to come here

Tandy
12-04-16, 12:24
I know winds me up there is lots of managers out there better than Slade who would jump at the chance to come here

It winds me up when people want to replace a decent manager with some out of work manager who nobody wants.

darran1927
12-04-16, 12:30
It winds me up when people want to replace a decent manager with some out of work manager who nobody wants.
Hi Slade

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 12:33
Come in Russell your time is up

Tandy
12-04-16, 12:34

:hehe: What working for Tan and no money to spend :hehe: Yeah I bet they are chomping at the bit.

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 12:34
He set a target of reaching the playoffs. It doesn't look like it's going to work out. I don't think he's proved anyone wrong yet.

Exactly. Whats he proven exactly? He can get a side to 7th in the league. Whooopeee Doo.

darran1927
12-04-16, 12:35
Exactly. Whats he proven exactly? He can get a side to 7th in the league. Whooopeee Doo.

:hehe: :thumbup:

darran1927
12-04-16, 12:37
:hehe: What working for Tan and no money to spend :hehe: Yeah I bet they are chomping at the bit.

If you are happy to finish always outside of the playoffs then by all means get Slade to stay if you want to progress and get to the premier league ( as the club have targeted) then he needs to go

bluethrough
12-04-16, 12:42
Club in a much better place, players playing for the manager, costs reduced vastly.....whats not to like. As far as im concerned Slade deserves a contract and I would be quite happy building on what we have rather than starting again.

Tandy
12-04-16, 12:47
If you are happy to finish always outside of the playoffs then by all means get Slade to stay if you want to progress and get to the premier league ( as the club have targeted) then he needs to go

Can you guarantee the manager you want to bring in (Warnock:hehe:) will get us promoted?

darran1927
12-04-16, 12:57
Can you guarantee the manager you want to bring in (Warnock:hehe:) will get us promoted?

I can guarantee you Slade wont ever get us promoted

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 13:03

Well given Warnocks track record hes got more chance of getting promotion than Slade!!!!

darran1927
12-04-16, 13:21
Well given Warnocks track record hes got more chance of getting promotion than Slade!!!!

:thumbup:

Rjk
12-04-16, 13:35
Pardon my ignorance, but what is koortik?

Ignore- that Belgian club. Gotcha

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 13:36
Warnock - 7 promotions (Twice from the Championship)
Slade - Zero

I dont want Warnock as manager by the way but if given a choice between the two its a no brainer.

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 13:36
Pardon my ignorance, but what is koortik?

He means Tans Belgian club

KV Kortrijk

thehumblegringo
12-04-16, 13:37
Everyone knows my views (if they can be bothered to read my long winded posts) and I think Warnock would be a bit of a sideways step. I think Warnock is a decent manager but he's a bit of a firefighter and I personally believe we are a club who has never really had a footballing identity.

Tandy can laugh all he wants but I challenge you to read any article or watch any interview of Craig Bellamy and tell where he talks shit?

He comes across as someone who is very measured in his understanding of the game and seems like a proper student of the game.

Couple this with the fact that he's a Cardiff lad who understands what makes us tick and I believe that this overcomes the fact that he is inexperienced.

He hasn't jumped straight into football after retirement but has spent time further developing his understanding of what it takes.

He has voluntarily worked for the Academy over the last year and knows what players we have in the system.

It's a gamble, but everything is a gamble. I personally would like to see Tan give Bellamy the job with the long term vision of bringing players through the system and establishing a footballing identity at our club than to just give a large pot of money to a Slade or even a Pulis with the risk of failing to have a mass exodus again!

Rjk
12-04-16, 13:37
Warnock - 7 promotions (Twice from the Championship)
Slade - Zero

I dont want Warnock as manager by the way but if given a choice between the two its a no brainer.

Yeah, Slade all day long

darran1927
12-04-16, 13:39
[QUOTE=Rjk;4614486]Pardon my ignorance, but what is koortik?

think he means kortrijk FC the Belgium club Tan is involved with

J R Hartley
12-04-16, 13:45
Everyone knows my views (if they can be bothered to read my long winded posts) and I think Warnock would be a bit of a sideways step. I think Warnock is a decent manager but he's a bit of a firefighter and I personally believe we are a club who has never really had a footballing identity.

Tandy can laugh all he wants but I challenge you to read any article or watch any interview of Craig Bellamy and tell where he talks shit?

He comes across as someone who is very measured in his understanding of the game and seems like a proper student of the game.

Couple this with the fact that he's a Cardiff lad who understands what makes us tick and I believe that this overcomes the fact that he is inexperienced.

He hasn't jumped straight into football after retirement but has spent time further developing his understanding of what it takes.

He has voluntarily worked for the Academy over the last year and knows what players we have in the system.

It's a gamble, but everything is a gamble. I personally would like to see Tan give Bellamy the job with the long term vision of bringing players through the system and establishing a footballing identity at our club than to just give a large pot of money to a Slade or even a Pulis with the risk of failing to have a mass exodus again!

Did you see Jack Collison on Fantasy Football on Friday night?

He said Bellamys winning mentality was second to none.

He said he was bollicking people in Mark Nobles testimonial :hehe:

thehumblegringo
12-04-16, 13:51
Did you see Jack Collison on Fantasy Football on Friday night?

He said Bellamys winning mentality was second to none.

He said he was bollicking people in Mark Nobles testimonial :hehe:

Hahaha I never saw that but it doesn't surprise me.
One thing nobody will ever be able to question about Bellamy would be his work ethic.

CCFC CASUAL
12-04-16, 14:07

I would go along with that Gringo.

In fairness Slade has done better this season than I thought he would but I do feel this squad is still good enough to have made the play-offs so if they dont then hes fallen short.

Polo here by the way. Banned from **** again.

thehumblegringo
12-04-16, 15:43
I would go along with that Gringo.

In fairness Slade has done better this season than I thought he would but I do feel this squad is still good enough to have made the play-offs so if they dont then hes fallen short.

Polo here by the way. Banned from **** again.

Good to see you back mate. I was surprised you went back on there mate, I knew it would be a matter of time.

thehumblegringo
12-04-16, 15:52
I agree that Slade has exceeded my expectations this season and I'd be foolish to argue against that.
However I still think we need a change and a more long term approach at our club to go forward.

I have become a firm believer that a club needs a footballing identity that goes from top to bottom.

I we can strive for this then the step up from the Academy becomes a smaller step as the player will keep know exactly what's expected from him when he does step up.

CCFC CASUAL
12-04-16, 15:55
Good to see you back mate. I was surprised you went back on there mate, I knew it would be a matter of time.

Norms kept nagging me but as you say only a matter of time as I couldnt bite my tongue on there. That Ned has taken the arse-licking to a sickening new level.

CCFC CASUAL
12-04-16, 16:00
I agree that Slade has exceeded my expectations this season and I'd be foolish to argue against that.
However I still think we need a change and a more long term approach at our club to go forward.

I have become a firm believer that a club needs a footballing identity that goes from top to bottom.

I we can strive for this then the step up from the Academy becomes a smaller step as the player will keep know exactly what's expected from him when he does step up.

That would be nice but football is such short term these days is a club going to give someone a 3-5 year plan? Our fanbase certainly wouldnt. :hehe:

thehumblegringo
12-04-16, 16:32
Norms kept nagging me but as you say only a matter of time as I couldnt bite my tongue on there. That Ned has taken the arse-licking to a sickening new level.

Hahahaha I'm expecting to see his face super imposed onto the front of the soul crew book!