PDA

View Full Version : Written in the stars that Cardiff City will make the Play Offs?

the other bob wilson
24-04-16, 06:28
http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Cyclops
24-04-16, 08:01
Good read.

If one rules out 'it is written in the stars'; fate and 'it has to be', where does that leave us?

A Quiet Monkfish
24-04-16, 08:22
http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

The Derby v Sheff. Wed. game did highlight the clear gap in quality.

City's lack of a proven striker[s] is exacerbated by our completed lack of fire power from midfield. Essentially, unless from a set piece, our goals have to come from a scramble, bundle-over-the-line, or practically an open goal.

We needed players with that clever, deft touch, tight control, and quick feet, to exploit any half chances that came our way - sadly, we don't have any of that in any area of the pitch, though perhaps Whittingham alone, as a solitary remnant from a better footballing era.

Still, the way the City players celebrated the winner show just how much the players wanted the win, and even if some have written off our chances, they certainly haven't..

insider
24-04-16, 15:14
Good write up Bob. I think the thing lacking the most from our side is pace in all departments this is highlighted when we "go for it" and get murdered on the counter attack.
Football is a funny old game, I`m just glad we`ve got it down to at least the last but 1 game. Defend for our lives and nick a goal then the pressure really will be on Wednesday going into the last game knowing only a win will guarantee them a play off place irrespective of our result at home to Brum.

Mario Miethig
24-04-16, 17:38
Good read again Bob! Hope it is written in the stars, but just can't see it. Will be at Hillsborough cheering the boys on though.
By the way, the pressure on Whitts for that pen must have been immense. Fair play, he buried it, like the legend that he is.

ksbenchpwllheli
24-04-16, 17:44
"Written in the stars"?, maybe not. Playing for Pwllheli Cricket Club verses Pontblyddyn yesterday their young opener(previous best score 32) was dropped 4 times, should have been run out twice, and progressed into the 90s with everyone saying it is fate he gets his 100. Then he was clean bowled on 92!!! Mind you, I wouldn't rule out a City win next Saturday and a Joe Mason goal to take us into the play-offs.

Cyclops
25-04-16, 07:33
"Written in the stars"?, maybe not.
This is the thing. There's a lot of hogswash written about a team's name being 'written on the trophy' to explain a lot of good fortune - that is until team is knocked out, when all the starry business is quickly forgotten.

The other side of the coin is when managers' say 'Our destiny is in our hands', meaning of course that it is completely down to the way a team performs whether or not they achieve their goals. I much prefer to think that this is the truth of the matter - though acknowledging there can be twists that affect games - injuries, players being sent off, dodgy ref decisions etc - which can skew logical expectations. This is why I would never bet on a match and never win the Sky Super 6 £250K on a Saturday.

So for me, the fact that we are still in with a shout of reaching the playoffs, despite our wretched form of late is that Wednesday have had an even more wretched run. Simple as that. No nebulous nebulae goings-on here.