PDA

View Full Version : log burners question

city1927
05-06-16, 12:07
As it is such a nice day outside my thoughts have already turned to the winter! Well I am being nagged about this issue to be honest. My wife wants a log burner and I remember there was a thread on the old message board that had various numbers that people on this forum put up who they had used to get some quotes from etc. Unfortunately I have used the search facility and it is no longer here since the move.
Anybody got any good recommendations of people or companies that they have used that we can ring up and get some quotes off as I realise you need to get it all signed off properly otherwise your insurance will be null and void if something were to go wrong etc.

Thanks

Kiffa
05-06-16, 18:49
We had Chivers Restoration of Barry do ours. Really nice bloke from what I remember. We have an old stone chimney so just needed it put in, he was done in a morning. He put in a lovely new slate hearth from some slate he had from another job totally free. Only took him a morning. Would recommend

city1927
05-06-16, 19:48
Thanks for that I will give them a call and get a quote off them, it is always good to get peoples recommendations for these type of things. Great help

Lawnmower
05-06-16, 20:05
These did ours. Good price and service http://foreststovesandfires.co.uk.websitebuilder.prositeh osting.co.uk/contact

Vimana.
05-06-16, 20:05
Thanks for that I will give them a call and get a quote off them, it is always good to get peoples recommendations for these type of things. Great help

I cant recommend installers in your area, but I would thoroughly recommend an Aarrow brand stove.
There are so many makers to choose from, and so it may come down to aesthetics , understandably.

But regards quality and performance and usability we did a lot of research, which came down to Aarrow and have not regretted decision whatsoever.
Great quality - have been really happy. And they were reasonably priced.

city1927
05-06-16, 20:38
Thanks a lot great help I will contact them as well for a quote and great info regarding brand of stove as well.
Thank you

life on mars
05-06-16, 20:54
What sort of prices for a stone brick chimney