PDA

View Full Version : Recalling parliament for Monday

AlwaysAway2
17-06-16, 20:05
I know this is dangerous ground but...

The murder of that lovely lady MP by (Allegedly...I say that because the media have convicted him by press assassination already) a sad man with severe mental problems (who was being cared for in the community) has resulted in the recall of Parliament.

This will enable the great and the good to make speeches at a time when the Purdah rules are in force JUST before the most important referendum vote is held in Britain.

Parliament should be recalled on FRIDAY next week.
AJMHO

xsnaggle
17-06-16, 20:23
So what exactly are you implying?

Elysium
17-06-16, 20:27
The sole discussion in Parliament in its recall will be the lady MP, tragically murdered.

Only a complete numpty would think the discussion would strAy anywhere else.

AlwaysAway2
17-06-16, 20:30
The sole discussion in Parliament in its recall will be the lady MP, tragically murdered.

Heard what the Mayor of London has said tonight?

http://news.sky.com/story/1713614/sadiq-khan-eu-referendum-has-become-poisonous

See direct reference to the posters.......We know who he is blaming here.

Elysium
17-06-16, 20:32
Heard what the Mayor of London has said tonight?

No.

Has it any relevance?

AlwaysAway2
17-06-16, 20:34
Edited above to help you mouthy

If you can find anything offensive in my original post well done.

You however refer to me as a numpty.:hehe:

xsnaggle
17-06-16, 20:41

You are implying that Parliament should not stand and condemn this outrage because of the EU referendum. Do you really think that them meeting will change voters ideas, or do you believe it was 'arranged'?

Llanedeyrnblue
17-06-16, 21:11

The murder of that lovely lady MP by (Allegedly...I say that because the media have convicted him by press assassination already) a sad man with severe mental problems (who was being cared for in the community) has resulted in the recall of Parliament.

This will enable the great and the good to make speeches at a time when the Purdah rules are in force JUST before the most important referendum vote is held in Britain.

AJMHO

His house contained Nazi memorabilia apparently

City123
17-06-16, 21:26
No.

Has it any relevance?
There's a crazy theory among some "Brexiters" that it was staged so that more people voted to stay in

Badly Ironed Shirt
17-06-16, 21:29

AJMHO

I am fairly certain that MPs will be paying respect to a colleague. If you have some evidence that Parliament is being recalled for some other purpose please provide the evidence.

Pearcey3
17-06-16, 21:41
There's a crazy theory among some "Brexiters" that it was staged so that more people voted to stay in

That tells you something about the idiocy of those people.

TH63
17-06-16, 21:44
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
They couldnt very well recall parliament today, with the main party leaders, quite rightly being in Yorkshire paying their respects.
The last time parliament sat on a Saturday was when Argentina invaded the Falklands, before that Suez and the first time the outbreak of WW2.

Mrs Steve R
17-06-16, 22:33
That tells you something about the idiocy of those people.
Brexiters?

the other bob wilson
18-06-16, 04:18

AJMHO

There has now been a charge of murder laid against Thomas Mair and, on the face of it, it looks as open and shut a case as the the Lee Rigby one was with the only doubt being whether the perpetrator should be detained in a jail or a mental hospital.

In another post you said there was nothing offensive in your OP. Speaking for myself, I find the fact that you felt there was a need for you to post it at all offensive.

lardy
18-06-16, 06:15
Personally they should have recalled Parliament for today or tomorrow, not 4 days before the biggest decision this country ever makes - or postpone recalling till a week monday.

What difference would it make if it had been Saturday instead of Monday?

Elysium
18-06-16, 08:04

I don't believe I called you a numpty - apologies if you think that is the case.

All I said was that anyone who thinks that the discussion in a recalled parliament would be anything but a tribute to the dead MP is a complete numpty.

Gabalphaville
18-06-16, 09:44
Breaking: Thomas Mair, charged with MP Jo Cox's murder, gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" to UK court.

the other bob wilson
18-06-16, 10:47
Breaking: Thomas Mair, charged with MP Jo Cox's murder, gives his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" to UK court.

BBC's story on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36567005

az city
18-06-16, 12:26

AJMHO

You are so wrong on this. Take a moment to reflect on what you've written. Parliamentarians just want time to reflect and share memories of Jo in their workplace. There's nothing political in it at all. I'll bet you now nobody mentions anything political on Monday.

Elysium
20-06-16, 18:30

AJMHO

Any problems with today's recalled Parliament debate mate?

Not for me. It went exactly how I expected.

Pearcey3
20-06-16, 18:33
Brexiters?

I've no idea. I think my post was meant for another thread.:hehe:

Pearcey3
20-06-16, 18:35
Any problems with today's recalled Parliament debate mate?

Not for me. It went exactly how I expected.

Yep. A number of MP's receive death threats these days. A lot will have been shocked to the core by what happened. They are easy targets. I think they probably needed Parliament today

Mrs Steve R
20-06-16, 18:42
I've no idea. I think my post was meant for another thread.:hehe:
Yeah yeah, you little back tracker :hehe:

Wales-Bales
20-06-16, 19:49

Stephen Kinnock did manage to get Nigel Farage's billboard into his memories of Jo.

The rest was basic subliminal messaging, repeating the "more in common than apart" narrative (which is equally applicable to staying in), and the "fight hate" line, i.e. fight against right-wing Brexiters.

It's all clever stuff, they are not stupid :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
20-06-16, 19:50
Come on Wales :wales: :wales: :wales: