PDA

View Full Version : The free movement of people...

Blue in the Face
22-06-16, 13:40
Have you taken advantage of the free movement of people opportunity within the EU?

Where are your favorite places that you've traveled to?

Have you worked or lived outside the UK?

Where do you want to go?

Ainsley Harriott
22-06-16, 13:52
I've been to Spain a few times...but then again, I've also been to the US a few times.

TH63
22-06-16, 13:55
As a student I spent a year or so in Spain, Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian, always had visions of moving there, but to be honest I prefer home.

Blue in the Face
22-06-16, 13:59
Never been to Spain! Definitely at the top of the list for me now, though I wouldn't know where to start there. So many places in Spain I'd like to see.

life on mars
22-06-16, 14:00
Germany , France ,S, Italy , wonderful places love Europe, gives such great opportunity to the youngster to work and explore for their futures

Blue in the Face
22-06-16, 14:09
Ja! True!

I've lived in Berlin for the past two years. So many young folks from all over doing exactly that. When I walk the streets here, I'm often so conscious of the thought of what a lucky generation we are. So much freedom and opportunity.

Llanedeyrnblue
22-06-16, 14:11
I've been to England,Scotland and Guernsey that'll do for me

TH63
22-06-16, 14:54

Not surprising that you've been put off foreign travel in that case

blue matt
22-06-16, 15:10
been to Ibiza a few times when i was younger for a holiday ( which we would be able to do without being int he EU )

backpacked around Europe in 93 to coincide with the Liege game

But thats about it in the EU

outside the EU

a few cities in the US, backpacked around Asia and Australia

Igovernor
22-06-16, 15:51
I've been abroad, I went to England once

jackrabbit
22-06-16, 21:45

I've been to Fochriw

Blue in the Face
22-06-16, 21:50
I've been to Fochriw

Where? Sounds like a Welsh brothel

CCFC CASUAL
22-06-16, 22:00
Where? Sounds like a Welsh brothel

It's a shithole. It makes Merthyr look like Monte Carlo.

CCFC CASUAL
22-06-16, 22:01
I've travelled to many countries and continents but never gone there to live and sponge off their benefits system and free healthcare

Colonel Cærdiffi
22-06-16, 22:09
I've travelled to many countries and continents but never gone there to live and sponge off their benefits system and free healthcare

Yeah you say that mate but I saw you in Luxembourg trying to get free dental braces.

az city
22-06-16, 23:04

Are you sure? If you don't have a household annual income in the UK in excess of 40k you are "sponging" (a net cost) off the UK. Just saying like ...

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/10638283/How-much-we-give-the-state-in-tax-and-how-much-we-get-back.html

blue matt
23-06-16, 00:46
Are you sure? If you don't have a household annual income in the UK in excess of 40k you are "sponging" (a net cost) off the UK. Just saying like ...

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/10638283/How-much-we-give-the-state-in-tax-and-how-much-we-get-back.html

keep up

surely you know everyone on CCMB earns 70 K plus

CCFC CASUAL
23-06-16, 05:55

My household income exceeds that. Just saying like....