View Full Version : Uber Cabs based in Holland pay no tax ?

tigerbaybluebird
23-06-16, 11:14
Found out something interesting / worrying tonight.

Uber taxi service, based themselves in Holland, pay drivers less than the local cabs do - and because of the Maastricght treaty pay the tax in holland - and then because of eu loop holes - end up sending most of their money offshore.

If that is the EU protecting labour conditions / wages etc then I'm a dutchman

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/20/uber-pays-low-uk-corporation-tax

Leave the Dutch alone they sell weed man

Peace

jon1959
23-06-16, 13:20
Leave the Dutch alone they sell weed man

Peace

And they're out of Euro land already. Never qualified.

Barry Dragon
23-06-16, 14:34
This is why all the big business want us to stay in. If we leave they have to pay more taxes.

Rjk
23-06-16, 14:37
This is why all the big business want us to stay in. If we leave they have to pay more taxes.

I think thats unlikely, there wouldn't be anything stopping them having their headquarters in tax havens in an isolated uk.
If anything it would be a lot harder to clamp down on that sort of thing as an individual nation.

Barry Dragon
23-06-16, 14:49
I think thats unlikely, there wouldn't be anything stopping them having their headquarters in tax havens in an isolated uk.
If anything it would be a lot harder to clamp down on that sort of thing as an individual nation.

But they couldn't channel european profits through UK tax havens, only UK profits.

Rjk
23-06-16, 14:55
But they couldn't channel european profits through UK tax havens, only UK profits.

Who knows, they usually seem to find a way to do whatever the hell they want