PDA

View Full Version : All I have been hearing from OUT voters....

Zenith
24-06-16, 08:54
"Our kids will be safe from immigration" - sorry, safe from what exactly???

A country of xenophobic twats to be led by a bunch of racists, voted in by default. This country (WALES) should be absolutely ashamed.

Heathblue
24-06-16, 08:56
Cardiff voted remain.

Zenith
24-06-16, 08:58
Cardiff voted remain.

Along with just 4 other areas, 17 voting out. Incredible.

Rjk
24-06-16, 09:00
Immigration will not decrease unless the economy really goes down the pan.

jon1959
24-06-16, 09:03
Immigration will not decrease unless the economy really goes down the pan.

Is that the Brexit leaders' plan? Seems to be working. Take our country back.... and back.... and back....

TH63
24-06-16, 09:03

We'll be safe from having to struggle explain to the Polish Barista how we like our double shot Americano from great British institutions like Starbucks

Rogersblue
24-06-16, 09:06

A country of xenophobic twats to be led by a bunch of racists, voted in by default. This country (WALES) should be absolutely ashamed.

I AINT A RACIST.:wave:

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 09:07
Along with just 4 other areas, 17 voting out. Incredible.

It beggars belief. There is a racism element here. Bottom line. For years we have had anti EU and anti immigration rhetoric in the press. No politician has stood up for the EU or for immigration in all these years and have only started to do so now. It's too late though. It's ingrained within towns and communities. Yet look at London. It's a multi cultural melting pot yet London is very pro EU. It is often in communities not affected by immigration where there is a high anti EU sentiment. It's backward looking and narrow minded.

I no longer feel connected to this country.

Vindec
24-06-16, 09:08

Who exactly has been saying this? I have been up all night and didn't hear a single person say anything like that.

ken smith
24-06-16, 09:09

I stayed in a place called Zenith in Toulouse last week.
Not really relevant, but your post just reminded me of a much better time in my life when we were all Europeans together.

Rogersblue
24-06-16, 09:10
It beggars belief. There is a racism element here. Bottom line. For years we have had anti EU and anti immigration rhetoric in the press. No politician has stood up for the EU or for immigration in all these years and have only started to do so now. It's too late though. It's ingrained within towns and communities. Yet look at London. It's a multi cultural melting pot yet London is very pro EU. It is often in communities not affected by immigration where there is a high anti EU sentiment. It's backward looking and narrow minded.

There is also a thing called Democracy.which is worth more than money can buy,:facepalm:

Packerman
24-06-16, 09:11

not exactly right, parts of london that feel disenfranchised by recent migration i.e. barking and dagenham and havering voted out, the east of england which has amongst the highest recent migration voted overwhelmingly out also, also labour totally failed to appeal to its core northern vote, interesting times ahead

Zenith
24-06-16, 09:17
Who exactly has been saying this? I have been up all night and didn't hear a single person say anything like that.

People I actually know who were on the out side, neighbours, students, local workers, Facebook statuses etc.

Eric The Blue
24-06-16, 09:19
Without putting any particular slant on this, i found it very strange indeed that Barking and Dagenham voted so overwhelmingly to leave (as did Bexley) while the rest of London went firmly in the other direction. What is different there compared with Haringey which is less than 10 miles away and voted 70/30 to stay?

Packerman
24-06-16, 09:23
Without putting any particular slant on this, i found it very strange indeed that Barking and Dagenham voted so overwhelmingly to leave (as did Bexley) while the rest of London went firmly in the other direction. What is different there compared with Haringey which is less than 10 miles away and voted 70/30 to stay?
B and D is old school east end white working class, havering is also up to a point, they voted overwhelmingly to leave as did the thames corridor right out to southend and beyond

Heathblue
24-06-16, 09:29

Don't you think its a bit condescending & patronising to judge those who voted out as racist in a blanket statement?, i think that many who voted out used this election (wrongly IMO) to kick politicians up the arse for ignoring their plight, seeing the majority getting prosperous, but themselves getting ignored, you keep kicking people and at some stage they will kick back and this was the occasion, Cardiff has been multi cultural since before i was in infants. multiculturalism isn't something new.

Llanedeyrnblue
24-06-16, 09:30

The difference is that working class people have been cleansed from inner London to the outskirts

Eric The Blue
24-06-16, 09:43
The difference is that working class people have been cleansed from inner London to the outskirts

That's far too simplistic. I chose the example of Haringey deliberately. Plenty of working class people there and not exactly close to the centre of town either but the result went empahatically the opposite way to Barking and Dagenham. Also, many of the working class people in London have come here from elsewhere in the EU and obviously most of them would have voted to remain. I'm genuinely puzzled why 2 or 3 places in Greater London went sharply in opposite direction from the rest of it.

saigonlight
24-06-16, 09:45
What rule can also shortcomings that

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 10:04
Don't you think its a bit condescending & patronising to judge those who voted out as racist in a blanket statement?, i think that many who voted out used this election (wrongly IMO) to kick politicians up the arse for ignoring their plight, seeing the majority getting prosperous, but themselves getting ignored, you keep kicking people and at some stage they will kick back and this was the occasion, Cardiff has been multi cultural since before i was in infants. multiculturalism isn't something new.

I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU.

Heathblue
24-06-16, 10:11
I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU. :thumbup: I been up all night and didn't read it correctly, and yes i do agree with an element but also think a lot voted out for other reasons rightly or wrongly, my lad was concerned abut the out vote as it might affect his ability to travel around Europe as a musician.

tigerbaybluebird
24-06-16, 10:19
I AINT A RACIST.:wave:

Yes you are

Your the worst type of racist and thats someone who says they're not racist but in reality they are just not man enough to say it out loud

Barry Dragon
24-06-16, 10:20

People never learn that this type of post convinces the maybes that are not racist, not xenophobic to vote leave. Seen so many dull posts from people recently. You are just making it worse, you are convincing people to leave.

Barry Dragon
24-06-16, 10:23
I have referred to a 'racist element' here so it's not everyone. Far from it but it is still a significant factor in why some people voted out. I agree that people voted out because they are being left behind but that is more to do with how we are governed by Westminster and not Brussels. This Government chose austerity and it has hit poorer communities. Yet they have kicked out at the wrong people. Kick the Tories out. They are the ones responsible and not the EU.

The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 10:29
The EU, that made massive austerity cuts. Forcibly so on Ireland Spain Italy Greece. They have gone full pelt on austerity. The UK just flirted with austerity, it didnt go anywhere near as far as was planned.

Spain facing 45% Youth unemployment, Greece facing generations of recovery. Yeah the EU are really the good guys.

What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?

Jimmy the Jock
24-06-16, 10:32

Bing bong Europe has gone 😃😃👍👍

Zenith
24-06-16, 10:37
People never learn that this type of post convinces the maybes that are not racist, not xenophobic to vote leave. Seen so many dull posts from people recently. You are just making it worse, you are convincing people to leave.

I haven't convinced anyone to leave, it's already happened without me saying a peep

Barry Dragon
24-06-16, 10:46
What's that got to do with how we voted and anyway poorer communities have been hit by welfare benefit cuts so I don't think your point stands. Why on earth are you comparing the UK with Greece?

The op was talking about austerity here in the UK, and saying we are better off with europe. The same EU who actually punished several nations with extremely harsh austerity. The EU has made their situation worse. But the OP seems to think we would have had less austerity if we were further integrated into europe. Whereas its clear we would have faced harsher austerity forced upon us.

Mrs Steve R
24-06-16, 10:47
Yes you are

Your the worst type of racist and thats someone who says they're not racist but in reality they are just not man enough to say it out loud
I have found myself having to explain that I am not racist plenty of times since this all started, would you say the same about me?

tigerbaybluebird
24-06-16, 10:55
I have found myself having to explain that I am not racist plenty of times since this all started, would you say the same about me?

No not at all, I would have said if I thought that. Actually I think you and Mrs r are down to earth people.

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 10:57

You are 100% not a racist and it is totally wrong for another poster to suggest you are.

Rogersblue
24-06-16, 10:59
Yes you are

ok then.because I don't go along with your views ,are you Leanne wood in disguise.:wave::hehe:

Blue in the Face
24-06-16, 11:02

Hey Mrs. We know you are not racist.

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty (which was your motivation).

Cretin Hop
24-06-16, 11:04
It is naïve to play the race card.

Immigration was just one issue and let's be honest here, the Remain camp just did not spell it out sufficiently for the electorate.

It was also about the economy, hence the massive remain vote in the cities and affluent areas, and also about the way the EU bureaucrats constantly ignored UK's demands for change and imposed their majority collective will upon people who did not vote for such rules and regulations.

In that respect the EU have only themselves to blame bemoaning the loss of the UK.

People say that there should not have been a referendum but the democratic system voted in a tory government on the premise there would be one, so now it has happened, it has happened. Democracy has ruled which is one major reason why this country is called Great. Britain.

It's been done, no crying over split milk or gloating is called for.

Some here will be worse off (I certainly will but so be it) and others will feel there a better future for themselves.

Today is a day to celebrate democracy whichever side of the face you stand.

Rogersblue
24-06-16, 11:06

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty.

some of us simply voted for Democracy.:thumbup:

Barry Dragon
24-06-16, 11:07

Read this earlier. Sums up what has been going on:

Many of the leavers already felt marginalised, ignored and hated. The contempt – and sometimes snobbery – now being shown about leavers on social media was already felt by these communities, and contributed to this verdict.

Mrs Steve R
24-06-16, 11:14
No not at all, I would have said if I thought that. Actually I think you and Mrs r are down to earth people.
Well thank goodness for that, one down 17 million to go :hehe:

You are 100% not a racist and it is totally wrong for another poster to suggest you are.
Nobody has said it to me but comments about half of the country being evil racists does not fill me with hope for the future tbh.

Blue in the Face
24-06-16, 11:17
some of us simply voted for Democracy.:thumbup:

I don't doubt that you and many others did.

Now can you turn your attention to push for an actual democracy in this country...

http://www.unlockdemocracy.org/

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:17

But the dominant issue that has propelled the Leave campaign has been immigration, not sovereignty (which was your motivation).

The fact remains, If you voted for control of our own immigration policies you are still not a racist, immigration has nothing to do with Race, If we had loads of un-skilled french coming over here, that would have been a reason to vote for more control on our borders

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 11:25

Many of the leavers already felt marginalised, ignored and hated. The contempt – and sometimes snobbery – now being shown about leavers on social media was already felt by these communities, and contributed to this verdict.

The aggrevation has been very much the other way. Anna Soubrey Tory MP was being shouted out as a traitor all because she was voting Remain.

Blue in the Face
24-06-16, 11:29
The fact remains, If you voted for control of our own immigration policies you are still not a racist, immigration has nothing to do with Race, If we had loads of un-skilled french coming over here, that would have been a reason to vote for more control on our borders

Immigration has nothing to do with race? It has every thing to do with race and tribalism and what nation state you have on your passport. You either believe in the idea behind the free movement of people or you don't. It seems that a big chunk of Brits don't.

lardy
24-06-16, 11:29
People say that there should not have been a referendum but the democratic system voted in a tory government on the premise there would be one, so now it has happened, it has happened. Democracy has ruled which is one major reason why this country is called Great. Britain.

Putting my pub bore hat on, that's not one of the reasons.

Wales-Bales
24-06-16, 11:40
Zenith, do you actually know who is behind the EU, and who was behind Cameron? Do you know what the ultimate goal is? Do you know about the army of change management consultants who aim to take over every public body? The EU is not a social experiment that accidentally grew beyond itself. Everything that happens has been mapped out in minute detail.

Mrs Steve R
24-06-16, 12:27
I don't doubt that you and many others did.

Now can you turn your attention to push for an actual democracy in this country...

http://www.unlockdemocracy.org/
Indeed, the fact that we ended up with a government that more than half of the population didn't want shows things need to change, with everyone online these days I think there should be some sort of system set up where the public can vote on the smaller issues and bills being put through too, I don't think the public would have agreed to letting them sell off the land registry for example had they been told about it and were able to vote on it, people forget that the government is there to serve the public not the other way around, they get away with far too much imo.

I'm not one to care what people think normally but I have felt quite awkward at times over this tbh, I was looking forward to getting all these referendum arguments out of the way but it is clearly just the start of an era of more divide, we really must try and not let that happen for all of our sakes.

TH63
24-06-16, 12:33
Indeed, the fact that we ended up with a government that more than half of the population didn't want shows things need to change, with everyone online these days I think there should be some sort of system set up where the public can vote on the smaller issues and bills being put through too, I don't think the public would have agreed to letting them sell off the land registry for example had they been told about it and were able to vote on it, people forget that the government is there to serve the public not the other way around, they get away with far too much imo.

I'm not one to care what people think normally but I have felt quite awkward at times over this tbh, I was looking forward to getting all these referendum arguments out of the way but it is clearly just the start of an era of more divide, we really must try and not let that happen for all of our sakes.

Remember the Blue v Red arguments? This is going to run for quite a while yet I think.

At least when Vincent Tan came to his senses, he was able to reverse his decision.

mike downtownabbey
24-06-16, 14:51
N I voted in Scotland voted in London voted in Cardiff and Bristol voted in. Why? if its down to being better educated and informed on migration then someone fecked up somewhere !