PDA

View Full Version : Cornwall demands to receive funding equivalent to the EU's

lardy
24-06-16, 09:32
Cornwall voted LEAVE.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-06-24/cornwall-pleas-for-reassurance-it-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/

Now that we know the UK will be leaving the EU we will be taking urgent steps to ensure that the UK Government protects Cornwall’s position in any negotiations.

We will be insisting that Cornwall receives investment equal to that provided by the EU programme which has averaged £60M per year over the last ten years.

– John Pollard, the Leader of Cornwall Council

Llanedeyrnblue
24-06-16, 09:38
Cornwall voted LEAVE.

[url]http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-06-24/cornwall-pleas-for-reassurance-it-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/[/url

Now that we know the UK will be leaving the EU we will be taking urgent steps to ensure that the UK Government protects Cornwall’s position in any negotiations.

We will be insisting that Cornwall receives investment equal to that provided by the EU programme which has averaged £60M per year over the last ten years.

They'll probably be asking for their fishing grounds back from EU countries factory ships

Rjk
24-06-16, 09:39
The uk won't have the money to hide to them any more though.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 09:41
maybe should've thought about that before voting out

Broken Machine
24-06-16, 09:49
Cornwall vote to leave, then bitch about the consequences...

BLUETIT
24-06-16, 10:16
We can make Cornish pasties in Caerphilly now, so feck um. :hehe:

bobh
24-06-16, 10:22
Cornwall to demand referendum on independence from UK.

Barry Dragon
24-06-16, 11:16
Cornwall voted LEAVE.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-06-24/cornwall-pleas-for-reassurance-it-will-not-be-worse-off-following-brexit-vote/

And? What is wrong with that. Alteast we can decide now where it goes. What is wrong with asking for the same?

**** I would be asking for more. There is more money to distribute around now.....

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:19
And? What is wrong with that. Alteast we can decide now where it goes. What is wrong with asking for the same?

**** I would be asking for more. There is more money to distribute around now.....

they are hardly going to be asking for Less money are they

Leader of Cornwall Council in we want the same money shocker :thumbup:

Rjk
24-06-16, 11:46

No there won't be more, there will be a lot less.

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:47
No there won't be more, there will be a lot less.

thats a bold statement

we dont know how much the Burrito tax will cost us yet

tommy31
24-06-16, 11:50
-votes to leave
-wants same advantages as if they stayed

Nice

Rjk
24-06-16, 11:52
thats a bold statement

we dont know how much the Burrito tax will cost us yet

The EU membership cost us 0.36% of gdp, to leave is likely to cost us at least 5%, possibly more depending on which economists you listen to.

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:59
The EU membership cost us 0.36% of gdp, to leave is likely to cost us at least 5%, possibly more depending on which economists you listen to.

come on Rjk

Come and join in with the Burrito gang, Lardy is in now :hehe:

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:59

come on Rjk

jon1959
24-06-16, 14:30
They'll probably be asking for their fishing grounds back from EU countries factory ships

Or the fishing 'rights' sold by the UK government to the highest (often foreign) bidder!

adz-a32
24-06-16, 14:42
come on Rjk

Ayyyyy burrito gang represent!

But I agree with Rjk btw

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 14:59
maybe should've thought about that before voting out

Absolutely. Same applies to Wales. If you vote out and put yourselves in the hands of right wing Tories dont bleat if you end up worse off.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 20:00
Absolutely. Same applies to Wales. If you vote out and put yourselves in the hands of right wing Tories dont bleat if you end up worse off.

I was honestly shocked when I put the radio on this morning and when I heard some of the people that voted to leave on why they voted to leave left me feeling even more bitter about it we should never of had a referendum (thanks Dave you twat) this should've been up to parliament to sort out it's what we elect them for to make these decisions I don't think we had enough knowledge to make this decision. god help us in the next general election labour are fecked

life on mars
24-06-16, 20:03
Or the fishing 'rights' sold by the UK government to the highest (often foreign) bidder!

Bit fishy

tommy31
24-06-16, 22:16

Correct. They should hang us out to dry. We deserve it after that

Pearcey3
24-06-16, 23:08
I was honestly shocked when I put the radio on this morning and when I heard some of the people that voted to leave on why they voted to leave left me feeling even more bitter about it we should never of had a referendum (thanks Dave you twat) this should've been up to parliament to sort out it's what we elect them for to make these decisions I don't think we had enough knowledge to make this decision. god help us in the next general election labour are fecked

Sad!y Jamie I agree. I have to live in this country for seven more years then I plan to retire and move abroad. I don't want to live in this backward and inward island any longer than I have to.

lardy
25-06-16, 09:18

They may well ask for more. Cornwall was earmarked to get 600m euros by 2020. Looks like they've cut their nose off to spite their face.

All this lovely extra money we all have. Let's see how much of it goes to Cornwall.

lardy
25-06-16, 09:30
In true CCMB stye, let's use the ex-wife analogy.

You and your wife buy a house together. Your father-in-law gives you the deposit. You get divorced and lose the house.

You get married to a new woman. Where's my deposit?, you demand of your new father-in-law.

What does daddy say?

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-06-16, 09:31
In true CCMB stye, let's use the ex-wife analogy.

You and your wife buy a house together. Your father-in-law gives you the deposit. You get divorced and lose the house.

You get married to a new woman. Where's my deposit?, you demand of your new father-in-law.

What does daddy say?

Did she dye her hair?

Barry Dragon
25-06-16, 09:31
Guess WHAT!. Wales are asking for the same. Even heard hints of asking for more.

How diabolical that must seem to some.....

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 09:35
Guess WHAT!. Wales are asking for the same. Even heard hints of asking for more.

Wales is guaranteed nothing. Anyway thinking a Brexit is going to improve things in Wales is going to be very disappointed.

lardy
25-06-16, 09:35

Guess WHAT!.

They're not going to get it. Day 2 and we're already rattling the collection box towards Westminster.

lardy
25-06-16, 09:37
Yorkshire doing the same.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/guarantees-wanted-over-the-future-of-european-millions-1-7982120

Lucky "There is more money to distribute around now....."

Barry Dragon
25-06-16, 09:55
Well each of the 388 regions from the vote could have 1 million extra to spend a month and there still be change from the money that went into europe.

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-06-16, 09:56
Well each of the 388 regions from the vote could have 1 million extra to spend a month and there still be change from the money that went into europe.

I thought the money was going to the NHS. It was on a bus.

jamieccfc
25-06-16, 09:57

Asking and getting are two different things though. maybe you should pay more tax for Wales to get more money

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-06-16, 10:00
Asking and getting are two different things though. maybe you should pay more tax for Wales to get more money

Wales needs investment to generate more taxes.

lardy
25-06-16, 10:03

Unfortunately that money has already been distributed about five times over during the campaign. And even the people fronting the campaign are backing away from the talk so hats off to you for gallantly soldiering on with it.

AfricanBluebird
25-06-16, 12:21
But there won't be more money. We now have to spend a bucket load more money on negotiating individual trade deals to replace the ones covered by the EU. We will not get the same deals on the same terms. We are now negotiating from a disadvantaged position.

life on mars
25-06-16, 13:11
But there won't be more money. We now have to spend a bucket load more money on negotiating individual trade deals to replace the ones covered by the EU. We will not get the same deals on the same terms. We are now negotiating from a disadvantaged position.

And guess what we lack as a nation , trade dealer negotiators, they suspect we have about 20 of decent experience, and we will need hundreds , so well thought out all this " we hate the foreigner vote ". Bet other countries are rubbing their hands with glee with the knowledge we need deals and they need cash

goslow
25-06-16, 13:30