PDA

View Full Version : And so it continues...

TH63
24-06-16, 11:18
Labour MP's call vote of no confidence in Corbyn

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 11:19
What a surprise that is !

blue matt
24-06-16, 11:20
many labour voters ( myself included ) never took to Corbyn, that is not breaking news

Llanedeyrnblue
24-06-16, 11:20
many labour voters ( myself included ) never took to Corbyn, that is not breaking news

This^^

Rogersblue
24-06-16, 11:24
Corbyn more faces than Big Ben.:hehe:

Vimana.
24-06-16, 12:06
I'd guess that , like most sane people , the vague notion of bah bah um um um Boris bumbling his way to the high chair has got them aghast, and thus determined to find a leader that could at least challenge the bumblef*ck if it comes to it.

I'd guess it is fair to say that isn't Jezzer.

blue matt
24-06-16, 12:07
I'd guess that , like most sane people , the vague notion of bah bah um um um Boris bumbling his way to the high chair has got them aghast, and thus determined to find a leader that could at least challenge the bumblef*ck if it comes to it.

Corbyn was never going to lead Labour to victory next time

TH63
24-06-16, 12:09
My personal favourite Boris moment of recent days was when he was parading James Dyson as a Brexiter and referenced Dyson Hairdryers

Vimana.
24-06-16, 12:13
Corbyn was never going to lead Labour to victory next time

Indeed he wasn't !

But .. 'tbf' - he did tug people-centric notions back towards the thinking table, and to some extent, seemed to get a lot of youngsters slightly more interested in 'Politics'.
And he showed the rah-rah-rah antics of Westminster to be the idiot/old-boy braying circus that it is.

No complaints about that, but any/all Governments need credible opposition, and he aint it.

Vimana.
24-06-16, 12:16
My personal favourite Boris moment of recent days was when he was parading James Dyson as a Brexiter and referenced Dyson Hairdryers

Studying the appearance of boy-man Boris, I suspect it possible that he does in fact own the world's one and only Dyson hairdryer.

blue matt
24-06-16, 12:18
Studying the appearance of boy-man Boris, I suspect it possible that he does in fact own the world's one and only Dyson hairdryer.

can you imagine him meeting world leaders in the state he looks sometimes, its almost comical

TH63
24-06-16, 12:24
can you imagine him meeting world leaders in the state he looks sometimes, its almost comical

Well that's what you voted for

neilw65
24-06-16, 12:29

The thing is the disconnect between Labour MP's and the Labour membership is huge. If the MP's do get rid of Corbyn and replace him with someone like Chukka Umana, then that gulf will become even greater and the future for Labour even bleaker.

Dénia Bluebird
24-06-16, 12:35
The thing is the disconnect between Labour MP's and the Labour membership is huge. If the MP's do get rid of Corbyn and replace him with someone like Chukka Umana, then that gulf will become even greater and the future for Labour even bleaker.

In my opinion Corbyn is as responsible for the Brexit as any one person. At a time when he should have been banging on about Jobs and the Economy he appeared only to spout on about workers rights and the environment. The evidence of his personal non-performance is that Labour heartlands, including Wales, voted in huge numbers to leave DIRECTLY AGAINST Labiur policy.

the other bob wilson
24-06-16, 12:44
In my opinion Corbyn is as responsible for the Brexit as any one person. At a time when he should have been banging on about Jobs and the Economy he appeared only to spout on about workers rights and the environment. The evidence of his personal non-performance is that Labour heartlands, including Wales, voted in huge numbers to leave DIRECTLY AGAINST Labiur policy.

I would have thought the one person most responsible is the bloke who promised a referendum (to try and keep his own party in line) once he'd negotiated a new deal for Britain, got virtually nothing from those talks and then was left to face the music.

blue matt
24-06-16, 12:47
Well that's what you voted for

did I ? ??

I voted to leave

I must have missed the box to tick for Boris as PM :shrug:

the other bob wilson
24-06-16, 12:51
Just seen that loon Redwood being interviewed - why are so many in the leave camp so downright strange?

Vimana.
24-06-16, 12:56
Just seen that loon Redwood being interviewed - why are so many in the leave camp so downright strange?

It really does seem that way.

Whisperer
24-06-16, 13:03
Corbyn was on par with Russell Slade both losers.

BLUETIT
24-06-16, 13:05
Corbyn more faces than Big Ben.:hehe:

Big Ben hasn't got any faces, it's a BELL

Vimana.
24-06-16, 13:09
Big Ben hasn't got any faces, it's a BELL

And let that be the END of it.

Llanedeyrnblue
24-06-16, 13:59
And let that be the END of it.

Over to you Chris

goslow
24-06-16, 14:00

And the disconnect between labour membership and the voting public is even hugerer.

Jonny London
24-06-16, 14:11
Dan Jarvis. I've said enough

elytillidie
24-06-16, 14:38

People like soon-to-be-President Trump for instance?

blue matt
24-06-16, 14:43
People like soon-to-be-President Trump for instance?

the thought makes me chuckle

TH63
24-06-16, 14:44

Chuckle?

Scares the shit out of me

neilw65
24-06-16, 15:56

Actually you will find that the Labour party were more united on this issue than almost any other. Whilst I agree that Corbyn is a poor leader, to blame him for this is bonkers. If you want to blame any Labour person for this, try Blair. It was under his leadership that the Labour party lost it's links to it's heartlands, by taking them for granted.

Although, as TOBW said, the main culprit is Cameron for offering the referendum in the first place, which was held because of a division within the tory party.

adz-a32
24-06-16, 15:58

For real!? He wins, I wouldn't be able to go to America...

blue matt
24-06-16, 16:54

Not in a serious way, no

the guy is a loon, who i never thought would get as far as he has, its amazing really

City123
24-06-16, 16:59
The Labour voters were pretty united on this to be fair

The media will paint it as though its all Corbyn's fault though...

life on mars
24-06-16, 17:05
I would have thought the one person most responsible is the bloke who promised a referendum (to try and keep his own party in line) once he'd negotiated a new deal for Britain, got virtually nothing from those talks and then was left to face the music.

Yep bottled it ,should have also allowed under 16's to vote , man had to stand down, if I was him I would have used the press conference today to directly attack Brussels with a simple "" told you we needed meaningful reforms at our discussion on a new deal for the UK ,welcome to the snowball effect "".

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 17:13
Yep bottled it ,should have also allowed under 16's to vote , man had to stand down, if I was him I would have used the press conference today to directly attack Brussels with a simple "" told you we needed meaningful reforms at our discussion on a new deal for the UK ,welcome to the snowball effect "".

They wouldnt be able to sign a ballot paper with their mobiles in their hand.

Philbccfc
24-06-16, 17:16
They wouldnt be able to sign a ballot paper with their mobiles in their hand.

they would merely have to download an app. 99p . no subscription.

life on mars
24-06-16, 17:21
What happens then - can they do it without the Conference approving it - Labour in a shambles, especially if they cant get Corbyn out.

I think if Labour gets its act together quickly , they could prosper from this . As it looks a right wing Conservative leadership may appear and go after its usual victims , the lowly paid , etc . If Labour fronts up to the fact immigration , is a key factor to its electorate ,including being tough with asylum seekers , as well as Europeans migrants , they could see a ground swell of votes come their way from UKIP .

However its a tough one for Corbyn , as he has already called for more asylum seekers to be let in , so best he move aside gracefully and let a young free thinker ,with no baggage , take over .

Time to be brave Labour .

jon1959
24-06-16, 17:33
What happens then - can they do it without the Conference approving it - Labour in a shambles, especially if they cant get Corbyn out.

If (big if) there is a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn by the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) it will effectively be an opinion poll of 230 odd Labour MPs. There was some confusion last year about the respective roles of the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the annual conference - and in particular about the right of the NEC to call a special conference and about the process to be followed where MPs want to displace a sitting leader/deputy. However, I think this explains the process that any anti-Corbyn plotters will have to go with:

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/09/12/what-the-labour-leadership-election-rules-say-about-removing-a-leader/

This is covered by Chapter 4, Clause II, rule 2 B ii. This crucial rule states “Where there is no vacancy, nominations may be sought be potential challengers each year prior to the annual session of party conference. In this case nominations must be supported by 20% of the Commons members of the PLP”. Thus an annual challenge is possible. It must take place before Annual Conference....

I assume the NEC will lay out a timetable for MP nominations and member/supporter voting (one person one vote of individual members, registered supporters (the £3-10 supporters) and affiliated members (Labour levy payers via trade union) culminating in a result announced at conference.

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/blog%20images/B_Leadership_Election_2015_Procedural_Guidelines_2 .pdf

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 17:37

Vote for Trump

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 17:38

Under 16s?!? My daughters 12 does she get a vote?!?!

jon1959
24-06-16, 17:40
Trump thinks the Scots voted Leave!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

blue matt
24-06-16, 17:45
Under 16s?!? My daughters 12 does she get a vote?!?!

Mine is 13, the whole school had a vote, each tutor group have a bit of a " facts powerpoint presentation "

her tutor gave the Remain and was fine, then as she clicked the leave, she pointed out it was all Lie's

Anyways, they were about to vote and the tutor came out with " how many have phone contracts ? " most of them did, the tutor then went on to say " a £ 30 a month contract if we leave will cost £ 50 a month, do you think your parents would pay that "

then they could vote

after the vote, a boy asked " Miss, which way are you going to vote " which my daughter laughed at and was asked by the tutor " which way do you thing i am going to vote ", Leave we her reply, Oh yes, you are right was the following reply, my daughter said she had never heard such a unbiased discussion since i discussed it last LOL

#projectfearforteens

blue matt
24-06-16, 17:46
Trump thinks the Scots voted Leave!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

he doesnt live in the real world though

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 17:50

What a great weapon that would be! He would be deadly. He actually has a brilliant mind.

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 17:51
I feel the one person that is liable for starting this is Angela Merkel.

Vimana.
24-06-16, 17:54
he doesnt live in the real world though

Ideal candidate for President of the most deluded country on the planet after all then ..

blue matt
24-06-16, 17:55
Ideal candidate for President of the most deluded country on the planet after all then ..

they give me disneyworld though :thumbup:

mike downtownabbey
24-06-16, 17:58

who did! France ? i hope you are not retarded

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 17:59

7% more expensive next time Matt

I make that £12k holiday £12,840 now :hehe:

blue matt
24-06-16, 18:05
who did! France ? i hope you are not retarded

you do realise we are discussing Trump

blue matt
24-06-16, 18:06
7% more expensive next time Matt

I make that £12k holiday £12,840 now :hehe:

only £ 500 away from having my spends for this year, By next year it'll all have calmed down and we will be back to norm

saying that, we went when it was $2 to £1 once ( before we had the children ) so you have to take the rough with the smooth

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 18:16
only £ 500 away from having my spends for this year, By next year it'll all have calmed down and we will be back to norm

saying that, we went when it was $2 to £1 once ( before we had the children ) so you have to take the rough with the smooth

When I went to New York in 2005 it was around 2:1

blue matt
24-06-16, 18:21
When I went to New York in 2005 it was around 2:1

Must have been when we had our youngest then, as we went for her 4th Birthday, would have been 2005 :thumbup:

I still have trainers that still havent been worn from that trip LOL and 3 surf hoodies i loved at the time, i remember we went to Ron Jons surf shop, I filled 2 suitcases with that stuff, when i got home the 3 hoodies were of " natural fibres " and itched the hell out of me, they look smart as hell, but they are like wearing a hessian sack :hehe: my wife always threatens to throw them out, but i always manage to save them, not sure why

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 19:22
Must have been when we had our youngest then, as we went for her 4th Birthday, would have been 2005 :thumbup:

I still have trainers that still havent been worn from that trip LOL and 3 surf hoodies i loved at the time, i remember we went to Ron Jons surf shop, I filled 2 suitcases with that stuff, when i got home the 3 hoodies were of " natural fibres " and itched the hell out of me, they look smart as hell, but they are like wearing a hessian sack :hehe: my wife always threatens to throw them out, but i always manage to save them, not sure why
Tbh I fecked up that trip. I spent 4 days shopping instead of enjoying New York.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 19:47
4 day's in Ralph Lauren is it

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 19:52
4 day's in Ralph Lauren is it
:hehe:

Something like that. It was also a bank holiday so sales galore. My eldest daughter was 1 and I think I end up kitting her out in Ralph until she was 4 with that trip. :hehe:

She hates me for it. She always reminds me I dressed her like a boy when she was a baby. :hehe:

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 20:02

Something like that. It was also a bank holiday so sales galore. My eldest daughter was 1 and I think I end up kitting her out in Ralph until she was 4 with that trip. :hehe:

She hates me for it. She always reminds me I dressed her like a boy when she was a baby. :hehe:

Why the change of name?

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 20:05

Why the change of name?

I signed up with this account years ago but never used it and my other account was banned in here previously.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 20:08
I signed up with this account years ago but never used it and my other account was banned in here previously.

:hehe: you banned never.

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 20:20
:hehe: you banned never.
Misunderstood mate :hehe:

blue matt
24-06-16, 22:09
Tbh I fecked up that trip. I spent 4 days shopping instead of enjoying New York.

:hehe: you are not the first i have spoken to / read that spent the time in NY shopping

we set aside 2 X 1/2 days shopping, normally on a saturday afternoon, as the parks are rammed at disney on the weekends ( as the Americans vacation on the weekend and the locals use the parks aswell on the weekends ) so we avoid them

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 22:12
Fecking hell alright mun you've been to Disney we get it:hehe:

blue matt
24-06-16, 22:13

my wife loved the " OshKosh B'gosh " for our daughter, they sold is in john Lewis when mine were younger, we stumbled into a outlet store in orlando that same trip, had enough shorts, bib and brace's, T shirts and Polo shirts for the next 2 years, they were then packed away and used for the youngest ( they still looked new ) that shop i bet was the best value for money we ever had

blue matt
24-06-16, 22:15
Fecking hell alright mun you've been to Disney we get it:hehe:

:hehe: its been a fair sized bit of my life, i am a massive fan, i loves talking about it i does

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 22:17
Misunderstood mate :hehe:

For some reason I thought about that thread you made on the dark side a couple of years ago when you was pissed and absolutely hammered ankles the midget:hehe: I wonder if anyone kept a copy of it

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 22:25
my wife loved the " OshKosh B'gosh " for our daughter, they sold is in john Lewis when mine were younger, we stumbled into a outlet store in orlando that same trip, had enough shorts, bib and brace's, T shirts and Polo shirts for the next 2 years, they were then packed away and used for the youngest ( they still looked new ) that shop i bet was the best value for money we ever had

There was some outlet store down by ground zero that we spent about 4 hours in instead of enjoying Soho or Central Park. Name escapes me but like a TK Maxx for hip New Yorkers.

We massively ****ed up tbh. It was our honeymoon and we spent it shopping ffs :hehe:

We didn't want to leave the little in for too long so just went on a 4/5 day break.

I said we will go back one day and make up for it. Not now though at 1:1.3 :hehe:

blue matt
24-06-16, 22:29
I said we will go back one day and make up for it. Not now though at 1:1.3 :hehe:

its been hovering around 1.35 - 1.45 for ages now, this brexit hasnt meant a massive difference ( apart from a Blip this morning ) it had hit 1.49 early this week, first time in ages, i am always happy with 1.5 - 1.6 these days

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 22:29
For some reason I thought about that thread you made on the dark side a couple of years ago when you was pissed and absolutely hammered ankles the midget:hehe: I wonder if anyone kept a copy of it

I can vaguely remember. :hehe:

I think I just called him out which was unheard of on that forum but enough was enough with the bollox.

Actually apart from all that ITK bollox which I think was AA influence I always found Carl ok tbh.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 22:33
He just started believing his own hype that he was part of this super fans bullshit that is largely blown up by *****

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 22:40
He just started believing his own hype that he was part of this super fans bullshit that is largely blown up by *****
The Echo column didn't help but speak as I find Carl was always ok with me.
Tossers like Wircester, Sven and that Thomas who give up minds of their own just to be a moderator grind my gears more than Carl's ITK nonsense.

jamieccfc
24-06-16, 22:44
Sven is a Kent sold his soul. Nukes killed me what an arse licker that Kent is

CCFC CASUAL
24-06-16, 22:48
Sven is a Kent sold his soul. Nukes killed me what an arse licker that Kent is
Sven should post on here. He's a right condescending ****. He'd fit right in. Oops can't say that people have complained.

Sven is a condescending Mike Hunt.

GiaiPhapHay
25-06-16, 07:47