PDA

View Full Version : Second referendum past 100k

life on mars
24-06-16, 15:35
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

The 48% of voters who wished to Remain in the European Union are so mortified by the Leave result that a parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum has been set up.

‘We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum,’ the petition, filed this morning, reads.

At the time of writing, the petition is difficult to access, presumably due to a surge of traffic. The count is at 55,000 right now and climbing at roughly a thousand signatures a minute.

All petitions to the site that receive over 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate in Parliament by law, as was the case with the cannabis legalisation one.

Update 9:04am: petition.parliament.uk completely inaccessible.

Update 11:54am: The 100,000 threshhold is passed, with 101,526 signees.

*Live coverage of the E

az city
24-06-16, 15:40
Ta. Signed.

Ainsley Harriott
24-06-16, 15:43
How many referenda would it take before we got to a 60-40 split? We'd be voting forever!!

Llanedeyrnblue
24-06-16, 15:43
Load of tosh, the out people could start a petition saying don't listen to those
Remainers because they're just a load of bad losers

life on mars
24-06-16, 15:44
Farage himself is all for it - or he was a month ago:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

He was all for using the EU money for NHS and then boom , victory , not now ,as he know admits that it was a "mistake" to promise that £350 million a week would be spent on the NHS if the UK backed a Brexit vote. Speaking just an hour after the Leave vote

tigerbaybluebird
24-06-16, 15:46
Tbf the out voters won fair and square

itkman
24-06-16, 15:47

Apart from some of them are now realising what stupid ****s they were and want to change their vote.

life on mars
24-06-16, 15:48
Load of tosh, the out people could start a petition saying don't listen to those remain wankers beacause they're just a load of bad losers

Once past 100k it has to be heard in parliament . Such fun.

if you have any mates out in France tell them to stay away from ATM's withdrawal's as the pounds value has dropped 7% against the Euro

Philbccfc

no they didn`t , they cheated, and they`re all rascists, and they`ve ruined "are" country and we should have another vote until we win and..........

tigerbaybluebird
Farage himself is all for it - or he was a month ago:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

He was all for using the EU money for NHS and then boom , victory , not now ,as he know admits that it was a "mistake" to promise that £350 million a week would be spent on the NHS if the UK backed a Brexit vote. Speaking just an hour after the Leave vote

Scotland voted to stay in the union on the premise that the uk stays in the EU

Now they want another referendum and I'll think this time they will win

Who cAn blame them

Badly Ironed Shirt
24-06-16, 15:49
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

The 48% of voters who wished to Remain in the European Union are so mortified by the Leave result that a parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum has been set up.

‘We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum,’ the petition, filed this morning, reads.

At the time of writing, the petition is difficult to access, presumably due to a surge of traffic. The count is at 55,000 right now and climbing at roughly a thousand signatures a minute.

All petitions to the site that receive over 100,000 signatures must be considered for debate in Parliament by law, as was the case with the cannabis legalisation one.

Update 9:04am: petition.parliament.uk completely inaccessible.

Update 11:54am: The 100,000 threshhold is passed, with 101,526 signees.

*Live coverage of the E

As much as I am unhappy with last night's result - this is just not democracy. You can't set up a petition just because you don't like the result. I'm sure if the result was 52-48 in the other direction, then people who want to leave would have set up the same petition. That's how daft this petition nonsense has become.

The petition should have been raised BEFORE the election - about 3 months ago. People SHOULD have asked their MPs the question. People on both sides would have agreed (considering they both thought they could lose) to have the majority rule changed.

More people want to leave than to remain - I would love us to remain. However, that isn't democratic.

I think the only people who could "complain" would be those who voted to leave but now realise that they may have voted on mis-information on NHS spending.

Philbccfc
24-06-16, 15:50
so Scotland want a united EU but go it alone.

Badly Ironed Shirt
24-06-16, 15:51
Load of tosh, the out people could start a petition saying don't listen to those

Exactly. I like the petition idea (in general), but now people are creating petitions for all sorts of nonsense. This one is nonsense too - the only legitimate petition now would be to ask for the NHS to get the promised £350m per day. Some people voted purely for that.

tigerbaybluebird
24-06-16, 15:53
There was over a million votes to legalise cannabis

It's still illegal

Just saying

lardy
24-06-16, 15:53

if you have any mates out in France tell them to stay away from ATM's withdrawal's as the pounds value has dropped 7% against the Euro

No it doesn't

Philbccfc
24-06-16, 15:54
Some people voted purely for that.[/QUOTE]

i thought they were all thickies who voted on immigration, the race - is t s. Leave won Remain lost we have to go with it now.

Whisperer
24-06-16, 15:56

Stop chatting shit......i was in Italy 2 weeks ago and got 1.25 euro to the pound, today its 1.23 i don't know how much you withdraw from the ATM but it ain't gonna make much difference unless you draw a couple of hundred grand.

Badly Ironed Shirt
24-06-16, 16:03
Some people voted purely for that.

i thought they were all thickies who voted on immigration, the race - is t s. Leave won Remain lost we have to go with it now.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Some people were duped to vote leave though, but some were duped to vote remain. Negative campaigns bring negative results - politicians still don't get that do they?

Ainsley Harriott
24-06-16, 16:11
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/the-social-media-whinging-from-remainers-is-already-unbearable/

az city
24-06-16, 16:15
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/the-social-media-whinging-from-remainers-is-already-unbearable/

What people aren't allowed to express themselves? Bollocks to that.

ZZ Jack
24-06-16, 16:42

No, they won against all odds. They defied threats, scare tactics and pro EU propaganda from the BBC. They turned their backs on "advice" the mega rich, who don't live in, or pay taxes to the EU. If Banson, Beckham ETC love the EU so much, let them lobby the governments of Monaco, The Cayman Islands et al, to join the EU.

goats
24-06-16, 16:48
No, they won against all odds. They defied threats, scare tactics and pro EU propaganda from the BBC. They turned their backs on "advice" the mega rich, who don't live in, or pay taxes to the EU. If Banson, Beckham ETC love the EU so much, let them lobby the governments of Monaco, The Cayman Islands et al, to join the EU.

Zz your city voted out, what u going to do about it??? Sort em out mun

BLUETIT
24-06-16, 17:14
It's like tossing a coin with a BULLY.

Best of 3 heads or tails, you win 2-1, then the BULLY says "Soz, it's the best of 5"

blue matt
24-06-16, 17:27
It's like tossing a coin with a BULLY.

Best of 3 heads or tails, you win 2-1, then the BULLY says "Soz, it's the best of 5"

till they win

mike downtownabbey
24-06-16, 18:06
Will Never happen

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 19:08
error

Mad as a fish
24-06-16, 19:10
Apart from some of them are now realising what stupid ****s they were and want to change their vote.

You arrogant git

bobh
24-06-16, 22:06

^
Absolutely.

Maybe a better petition would be that no single political party could form a government unless it received 51% of the votes in a 80% turnout.

Robin Friday's Ghost
25-06-16, 05:59
This is embarrassing.

Jimmy the Jock
25-06-16, 06:17

And there lies the truth ·
Isn't there a big game of football coming up soon ,somewhere. ?

tigerbaybluebird
25-06-16, 10:39
Over a million now

From Disney "frozen"

Let it go let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway3

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me,
I'm free!

Lawnmower
25-06-16, 10:52
Don't know about a 2 nd poll now, but given it'll take 2 years to prepare the exit then maybe it would be sensible to give people a 2 nd chance to vote nearer that date ?

Then we would all be better informed and the consequences ( or benefits) of exit would be clearer .

Makes sense to me, however I'm not sure of the legality or political will around this.

Wales-Bales
25-06-16, 10:58
Why can't we have a second general elections if we don't like the results of the first?

While we are at it, can we start to petition to replay the FA Cup Final against Liverpool, as I don't agree with the result.

az city
25-06-16, 11:04
Why can't we have a second general elections if we don't like the results of the first?

While we are at it, can we start to petition to replay the FA Cup Final against Liverpool, as I don't agree with the result.

We've never played Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

lardy
25-06-16, 11:04

noob

az city
25-06-16, 11:05
Don't know about a 2 nd poll now, but given it'll take 2 years to prepare the exit then maybe it would be sensible to give people a 2 nd chance to vote nearer that date ?

Then we would all be better informed and the consequences ( or benefits) of exit would be clearer .

Makes sense to me, however I'm not sure of the legality or political will around this.

The problem is the negotiation period towards the exit will be destabilizing for all concerned. It's better to have any 2nd referendum as quickly as possible if there was going to be one.

Taunton Blue Genie
25-06-16, 11:10
Scotland voted to stay in the union on the premise that the uk stays in the EU

Now they want another referendum and I'll think this time they will win

Who cAn blame them

And which will mean that the Brexiteers would represent even a bigger proportion of the electorate in Rump UK.

Badly Ironed Shirt
25-06-16, 11:12
The problem is the negotiation period towards the exit will be destabilizing for all concerned. It's better to have any 2nd referendum as quickly as possible if there was going to be one.

Well I voted knowing that this was a vote for remaining or leaving, and that the majority would win. Whether that majority was 1, 10, a million or 20 million was not in question. The vote was not the result I wanted, but that's how democracy works. We can't start asking for a second referendum can we? If people were concerned about a slim majority they should have petitioned back in March.

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 11:15

That makes sense to me because then people will have more of an idea about what they are voting for. I am totally against this current petition though as it is sour grapes.

Taunton Blue Genie
25-06-16, 11:17
They might even get 16 million signatures.....

surge
25-06-16, 11:24
Leaving the EU is a legitimate political stance but with Farage already backtracking on pledges made about funding the NHS, Hannan sidestepping away from Leave's views of free movement and the deluge of misinformation from both sides of things then how can you say that it was a democratic process and we should just move on?

Regarding this petition: the desire for a clear majority is acceptable but how many votes have seen 75% turnout? By signing this am I restricting my chance to make positive changes further down the line? It seem like a reaction to the negative and cheap campaigning and shock result.

goslow
25-06-16, 13:34
Referendum not Neverendum

Gofer Blue
25-06-16, 21:34
Funnily enough my neighbour and I were discussing this very notion earlier this week i.e. should a simple single figure majority win the referendum, such as 52% vs 48%. Such a close result guarantees half the population would be disgruntled with all the subsequent nastiness that is becoming apparent e.g. young vs old, Leave voters being “thickos” , Remain voters being intellectually superior etc. This new petition suggests a minimum of 60% needed to win – I would have suggested 66% on a minimum 75% turnout, anything less than that is unacceptable IMO for an issue as important as this one.

Cameron and the Remain camp definitely missed a trick here. He was probably so convinced that Remain would win comfortably (at least at the time when he proposed having a referendum) that it never entered his head.

P.S. I voted to leave so cannot be accused of sour grapes!

Heathblue
25-06-16, 21:37
England have already started a petition to have their game replayed if they lose against Iceland.

blue matt
25-06-16, 21:40
Funnily enough my neighbour and I were discussing this very notion earlier this week i.e. should a simple single figure majority win the referendum, such as 52% vs 48%. Such a close result guarantees half the population would be disgruntled with all the subsequent nastiness that is becoming apparent e.g. young vs old, Leave voters being “thickos” , Remain voters being intellectually superior etc. This new petition suggests a minimum of 60% needed to win – I would have suggested 66% on a minimum 75% turnout, anything less than that is unacceptable IMO for an issue as important as this one.

Cameron and the Remain camp definitely missed a trick here. He was probably so convinced that Remain would win comfortably (at least at the time when he proposed having a referendum) that it never entered his head.

P.S. I voted to leave so cannot be accused of sour grapes!

we would never get a 60% though, it was so close, we can have one every year for the next 10 years, that should please the Sour grape'ers

Gofer Blue
25-06-16, 22:16
we would never get a 60% though, it was so close, we can have one every year for the next 10 years, that should please the Sour grape'ers

It seems maybe a lot of "Leave" voters are having second thoughts especially those who simply wanted to give Cameron & Co a bloody nose. Don't forget over 25% of the people registered to vote didn't vote - that's at least 12 million people. I wonder would they be split 50:50 too if they were persuaded to vote in a second referendum - maybe not?

blue matt
25-06-16, 22:20
It seems maybe a lot of "Leave" voters are having second thoughts especially those who simply wanted to give Cameron & Co a bloody nose. Don't forget over 25% of the people registered to vote didn't vote - that's at least 12 million people. I wonder would they be split 50:50 too if they were persuaded to vote in a second referendum - maybe not?

if the split was 52 - 48, you have to assume it would be similar for the non-voters, or are we saying that more " remain'ers " couldnt be bothered to vote ? ? ?, maybe they were not 100 % sure either, thus could go the other way

we will never know though

Gofer Blue
25-06-16, 22:34
if the split was 52 - 48, you have to assume it would be similar for the non-voters, or are we saying that more " remain'ers " couldnt be bothered to vote ? ? ?, maybe they were not 100 % sure either, thus could go the other way

we will never know though

I suspect the "remainers" thought it was a done deal (albeit a close run thing) and didn't bother to vote. I was a "leaver" but had a last minute dither over whether to vote or not, thinking that my vote wouldn't count for the same reason! As it happened my vote didn't make any difference because our area was 63% leave anyway! So in answer to your question I think many more of the non-voters would vote Remain rather than Leave if there were to be a re-run.

BLUEAWAY
25-06-16, 22:39
The possibility of a single Ireland has also moved closer, as has the possibility of closer ties between Ireland and Scotland.
The worst outcome was for Wales which by voting out now places it firmly inline with England.
Can you really believe that Boris will see Wales as a priority?
We will become the the runt in the pack once Scotland and Ireland have left the Uk and totally reliant on 'England'.
Londoners already want to go ahead alone as they voted remain, as did Cardiff.

The really sad thing about this is is that there are many less fortunate people in Wales and England who believe this will make their own lives better.
Why and How?
Many of them feel that work should come to them, on their doorstep. It ain't going to happen!
Those that feel they do not currently get enough need to explain how they think they will get more in the future.
It certainly won't happen if the trading balance of imports over exports worsens as it is likely todo.

blue matt
25-06-16, 22:39
I suspect the "remainers" thought it was a done deal (albeit a close run thing) and didn't bother to vote. I was a "leaver" but had a last minute dither over whether to vote or not, thinking that my vote wouldn't count for the same reason! As it happened my vote didn't make any difference because our area was 63% leave anyway! So in answer to your question I think many more of the non-voters would vote Remain rather than Leave if there were to be a re-run.

you might be right

on the flip side, maybe they were " leave'ers " who didnt vote as they thought like you did and their vote wouldnt make much of a difference as the remain were going to win

as i said, we might never know

jon1959
25-06-16, 22:40

What is the significance of that?

Your vote didn't make much difference because the UK vote was 51.8% in favour of leave and about 1 million more than remain. The split in your area is irrelevant.

blue matt
25-06-16, 22:42
The possibility of a single Ireland has also moved closer

this is another strange thing about the vote, who would have known, all it would take to bring peace and harmony to Ireland was the threat of leaving the EU ( i know we have had peace, well almost, but its never really been harmonious )

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 22:43
It's scary that even now some people don't even realise that every vote counted. Gofer Blue where the hell have you been?

az city
25-06-16, 23:18
They might even get 16 million signatures.....

I reckon more than 18M. Now that would be interesting.

Charlie
25-06-16, 23:24
This is an interesting comment from the Guardian's comment section.
Worth a read.

Teebs 14h ago
Guardian Pick

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 23:27
Interesting article Charlie. Time will tell but Johnson has been very subdued.

Charlie
25-06-16, 23:29

Seems a lot of sense in there, but sadly sense seems in short supply.

az city
25-06-16, 23:34

I have had a feeling all day that actually leaving is a long way from actually happening. Hopefully someone will stand up soon and just say "NO!"

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 23:37
Seems a lot of sense in there, but sadly sense seems in short supply.

Agreed. I genuinely don't think Johnson has the first idea about what to do but he has made a lot of promises about extra funds to the NHS and ensuring regions like Wales receive funds to make up for the rebate shortfall. If the economists have this only half right he is going to face huge problems finding the money.
If you base a campaign on lies and more lies you face the consequences. He has a history of dishonesty and cheating in both his professional and private life. It will not end well for him. Not well at all.

Wales-Bales
25-06-16, 23:41
If Boris is smart he will call a general election and purposely lose it.

az city
25-06-16, 23:44
If you base a campaign on lies and more lies you face the consequences. He has a history of dishonesty and cheating in both his professional and private life. It will not end well for him. Not well at all.

Indeed: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars

Wales-Bales
25-06-16, 23:46
Petition to hold second EU referendum reaches 2m signatures

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/petition-second-eu-referendum-crashes-house-of-commons-website

Mrs Steve R
25-06-16, 23:48
:hehe: Do you think he would need to?

Pearcey3
25-06-16, 23:56

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/petition-second-eu-referendum-crashes-house-of-commons-website

It's three million now. I think Cameron was clever in not implementing article 50 although perhaps should have resigned with immediate effect. That really would have spooked Johnson and Co. In the meantime Cameron' s allies are now going after Johnson.

lardy
25-06-16, 23:59

Surely smarter to not become leader, wait til the tories lose a GE and then go for leader?

Ainsley Harriott
26-06-16, 00:54

They can get 17m, and it won't be enough...

the other bob wilson
26-06-16, 04:57

Given the "quality" of the opposition, that may be easier said than done :hehe:.

the other bob wilson
26-06-16, 05:03
I think that the limitations of straightforward referendums where 50.000001% of the vote wins it for you have been exposed in the past couple of days, but that's the system we had and everyone knew it beforehand. So, for me at least, petitions for second referendums just come over as sour grapes - we've got a result after a turnout that was much bigger than in recent general elections and now we have to live with it's consequences.

xsnaggle
26-06-16, 07:02

A referendum or plebiscite used to require that the side wanting to change the status quo had to attract over 50.1% of the "Available" vote. A non-vote was deemed to be a vote to maintain the status quo. If that were applied to this referendum it would require a 'Leave' of about 24,500,000 plus.
Add to that the fact that Farage and Co stated during the campaign that if the 'Remain' side won by a percentage of 52/48 or there abouts, then the decision would be so close that a rerun would be demanded. It seems that because the won by that margin this no longer applies.

darran1927
26-06-16, 09:15
Given the "quality" of the opposition, that may be easier said than done :hehe:.

:hehe:

darran1927
26-06-16, 09:19
A referendum or plebiscite used to require that the side wanting to change the status quo had to attract over 50.1% of the "Available" vote. A non-vote was deemed to be a vote to maintain the status quo. If that were applied to this referendum it would require a 'Leave' of about 24,500,000 plus.
Add to that the fact that Farage and Co stated during the campaign that if the 'Remain' side won by a percentage of 52/48 or there abouts, then the decision would be so close that a rerun would be demanded. It seems that because the won by that margin this no longer applies.
thing is though Nigel Farage is a plank and doesn't know what he's talking about there wouldn't be a 2nd Referendum if Remain won it's not how democracy works . I voted Leave by doing my own research and not listening to Nigel , and I'm still happy with my vote and think alot of my fellow "thickos" are

lardy
26-06-16, 09:46

My understanding of what Farage said was that with a 52-48 defeat it wouldn't be over. Not that they would demand a second referendum immediately but that the campaign would continue.

However it is exactly the kind of feed the ducks thing that he would say.

Pearcey3
26-06-16, 09:54
The problem with all this is that the Status Quo was not an option.

So who is it that sets the policy that says the EU must or will take in new countries ?

If the EU would stop its expansion of yet more 'crappy' members, would stop the continued march towards a more federal Europe - then the EU would not have a any problems - from any member countries. But I guess they are determined to carry on regardless of what anyone thinks.

This is a valid point. The EU has gone too far in expanding the countries becoming new members.

xsnaggle
26-06-16, 09:55
thing is though Nigel Farage is a plank and doesn't know what he's talking about there wouldn't be a 2nd Referendum if Remain won it's not how democracy works . I voted Leave by doing my own research and not listening to Nigel , and I'm still happy with my vote and think alot of my fellow "thickos" are

I wasn't stating he was correct or that I agree with him, I was just commenting on what he said. You don't know, I may be one of your fellow 'thickos'. :hehe:

darran1927
26-06-16, 10:00
I wasn't stating he was correct or that I agree with him, I was just commenting on what he said. You don't know, I may be one of your fellow 'thickos'. :hehe:

:hehe:

Charlie
26-06-16, 11:41
It seems that the petition was started by a leave campaigner thinking that remain would win..

https://m.facebook.com/Oliver.Healey.English.Democrats/posts/1741575492720794

surge
26-06-16, 11:43
It seems that the petition was started by a leave campaigner thinking that remain would win..

https://m.facebook.com/Oliver.Healey.English.Democrats/posts/1741575492720794

Which follows Farage's message that 52-48 would leave unfinished business.

darran1927
26-06-16, 11:55
there's going to be signatures removed , they are investigating fraudalent signatures . There's 37,000 signatures on there from Vatigan City which has a population of 1,000

Petitions Committee ‏@HoCpetitions 2h2 hours ago

We are investigating allegations of fraudulent use of the petitions site. Signatures found to be fraudulent will be removed.
414 retweets 266 likes

Charlie
26-06-16, 12:04
there's going to be signatures removed , they are investigating fraudalent signatures . There's 37,000 signatures on there from Vatigan City which has a population of 1,000

Petitions Committee ‏@HoCpetitions 2h2 hours ago

We are investigating allegations of fraudulent use of the petitions site. Signatures found to be fraudulent will be removed.
414 retweets 266 likes

Probably a few M.Mouse's on there.
If so i'll bet blue matt will have a knock on his door.

Rocco Siffredi
26-06-16, 12:16
I blame Boaty McBoatface He started all this

adz-a32
26-06-16, 12:48
Probably a few M.Mouse's on there.
If so i'll bet blue matt will have a knock on his door.

If anything, he would sign it as Mr Burrito from Zimbabwe

Gofer Blue
26-06-16, 12:53
It's scary that even now some people don't even realise that every vote counted. Gofer Blue where the hell have you been?

Pearcey3: Sorry, of course I knew that! I suppose I was just putting things into perspective in my own locality i.e. that I was not in a minority "round by 'ere". It was strange watching the results come in through the early hours of Friday as I had to keep reminding myself that it was the total number of votes that mattered, not the number of districts that kept turning blue on Jeremy Vines famous charts. I was nervous that the big city votes could skew the whole thing but as it turned out these were insufficient to do that.

Heathblue
26-06-16, 13:00
7 in 10 labour voters went for brexit :facepalm:

Pearcey3
26-06-16, 13:46

Dear God. It shows how weak Labour are at the moment.

jon1959
26-06-16, 13:53

Is that true?

John McDonnell has been saying this morning that 7 out of 10 Labour voters backed remain.

I don't know if that is true either (doubt it) but in any case how can anyone know.

If the pre-vote opinion polls are the source of these claims they are almost certainly wrong.

Heathblue
26-06-16, 13:56
Is that true?

John McDonnell has been saying this morning that 7 out of 10 Labour voters backed remain.

I don't know if that is true either (doubt it) but in any case how can anyone know.

If the pre-vote opinion polls are the source of these claims they are almost certainly wrong.

I couldn't verify it, passed over my screen watching the BBC news whilst having din dins

Pearcey3
26-06-16, 14:01
I don think it can be true. Given all the support UKIP have these days and that around half of Tories voted for exit. I suspect 7 in 10 voted to stay in but turnout was down. Having said that 7 in 10 of Labour voters in Sunderland and Hartlepool probably did vote for Brexit.

Eric The Blue
26-06-16, 15:02
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Here's the breakdown for the largest parties. I stress this is an opinion poll as there's no record of how various party supporters actually voted of course.

goslow
26-06-16, 15:17

Zenith
26-06-16, 15:20
Up to 3.27 million now, pretty crazy

surge
26-06-16, 15:21
https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-create-an-independent-regulator-to-ensure-truth-in-political-advertising?recruiter=61068337&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-md-share_petition-no_msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_control&fb_ref=Default

Here's a petition that has a better chance of being recognised. When there is such a reliance on slogans over policies we should make sure that those slogans are based in fact.

az city
26-06-16, 15:30
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Here's the breakdown for the largest parties. I stress this is an opinion poll as there's no record of how various party supporters actually voted of course.

I find some of the party breakdowns very hard to believe in that.

az city
26-06-16, 15:39

In healthcare the most common way of making decisions is to use what's called a "QALY". It stands for "Quality Adjusted Life Index/Years". Suppose two candidates are available for a liver transplant: an 8 year old and a 68 year old. Further assume both will drop dead at 80. The QALY for the two candidates would be heavily weighted in favour of the 8 year old because they have potentially 72 years of life to live post transplant. I'm sure you get it. Now look at the Ashcroft poll. The majority of under 44 year olds voted for Remain and they would have more weight in a "RALY" (Referendum Adjusted Life Index/Years). What do you think? I'm sure you'll think OMOV is the way but the RALY seems way fairer to me.

Mad as a fish
26-06-16, 15:47
How many referenda would it take before we got to a 60-40 split? We'd be voting forever!!

Maybe we can do the same if Wales draw and we wanted a win.What a load of bollocks

Heathblue
26-06-16, 15:51
In healthcare the most common way of making decisions is to use what's called a "QALY". It stands for "Quality Adjusted Life Index/Years". Suppose two candidates are available for a liver transplant: an 8 year old and a 68 year old. Further assume both will drop dead at 80. The QALY for the two candidates would be heavily weighted in favour of the 8 year old because they have potentially 72 years of life to live post transplant. I'm sure you get it. Now look at the Ashcroft poll. The majority of under 44 year olds voted for Remain and they would have more weight in a "RALY" (Referendum Adjusted Life Index/Years). What do you think? I'm sure you'll think OMOV is the way but the RALY seems way fairer to me.

My sister in law is currently recovering from a double transplant, liver and kidney, the Liver she received was split, a piece for her , she is above 60 but below 70, the other piece was given to a young child, i'm not disputing any stats or figures just saying what happened in her case, obviously we do not know how the child is doing, but my sister in law's body has coped with the liver but has struggled with the kidney.

Llanedeyrnblue
26-06-16, 15:54

Apparently the petition has been hijacked by people overseas

az city
26-06-16, 16:01
My sister in law is currently recovering from a double transplant, liver and kidney, the Liver she received was split, a piece for her , she is above 60 but below 70, the other piece was given to a young child, i'm not disputing any stats or figures just saying what happened in her case, obviously we do not know how the child is doing, but my sister in law's body has coped with the liver but has struggled with the kidney.

Hope she does well.

jon1959
26-06-16, 16:09

Apparently the petition has been hijacked by people overseas

Apparently the petition has been hijacked by Remain supporters!

Outrageous way to treat a sensible petition set up a month ago (by a pro-Leave member of the English Democrats) at a time when it looked as if Remain would win. Clearly if the polls were right and remain won with a vote in the low 50%s it would be too close to be a proper mandate and a second referendum would be needed. Who could argue with that? Any objection to that must be, as Goslow keeps posting, SOUR GRAPES.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/creator-petition-second-eu-refrendum-leave-campaigner-2016-6?

You couldn't make this stuff up!

welshyoot
26-06-16, 22:15

Outrageous way to treat a sensible petition set up a month ago (by a pro-Leave member of the English Democrats) at a time when it looked as if Remain would win. Clearly if the polls were right and remain won with a vote in the low 50%s it would be too close to be a proper mandate and a second referendum would be needed. Who could argue with that? Any objection to that must be, as Goslow keeps posting, SOUR GRAPES.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/creator-petition-second-eu-refrendum-leave-campaigner-2016-6?

Wow!

Badly Ironed Shirt
26-06-16, 22:20
https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-create-an-independent-regulator-to-ensure-truth-in-political-advertising?recruiter=61068337&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-md-share_petition-no_msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_control&fb_ref=Default

Here's a petition that has a better chance of being recognised. When there is such a reliance on slogans over policies we should make sure that those slogans are based in fact.

We really really need that. The number of obvious lies from both sides was insulting to the electorate.

adz-a32
27-06-16, 09:05

The guy's a hypocrite...

BLUETIT
27-06-16, 11:18

So who is it that sets the policy that says the EU must or will take in new countries ?

If the EU would stop its expansion of yet more 'crappy' members, would stop the continued march towards a more federal Europe - then the EU would not have a any problems - from any member countries. But I guess they are determined to carry on regardless of what anyone thinks.

This is a valid point. The EU has gone too far in expanding the countries becoming new members.

Exactly, it's like you having a "bring your own booze party", lots of friends/family will turn up with quality wine/ale/cider/shorts etc,etc,etc.
Then you get the 8 arseholes who turn up pi$$ed, with 8 cans of Fosters, which the pinched from the garage shop on the corner and then they proceed to guzzle every drop of booze in the house.

If you can't afford the party, DON'T JOIN IN. !

Dr Lecter
27-06-16, 11:23
Exactly, it's like you having a "bring your own booze party", lots of friends/family will turn up with quality wine/ale/cider/shorts etc,etc,etc.
Then you get the 8 arseholes who turn up pi$$ed, with 8 cans of Fosters, which the pinched from the garage shop on the corner and then they proceed to guzzle every drop of booze in the house.

What if they turn up with good quality gear though?

Heathblue
27-06-16, 11:55

:hehe: :ayatollah:

tommy31
27-06-16, 12:12
We really really need that. The number of obvious lies from both sides was insulting to the electorate.

Hardly insulting, 52% of the population bought it all.

BLUETIT
27-06-16, 12:55

Hardly insulting, 52% of the population bought it all.

With 48 buying the leftovers. :hehe:

Kiffa
27-06-16, 13:22
I'm just going to leave this here

Mrs Steve R
27-06-16, 14:00
As soon as I heard Cameron say they could only start negotiations to leave with 'full engagement' of Scotland, Wales,& Northern Ireland I had a feeling that we wouldn't be leaving the EU, this could drag on for a long while yet.

​http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/nicola-sturgeon-threatens-to-block-brexit-in-face-of-english-fur/

BLUETIT
27-06-16, 14:01
As soon as I heard Cameron say they could only start negotiations to leave with 'full engagement' of Scotland, Wales,& Northern Ireland I had a feeling that we wouldn't be leaving the EU, this could drag on for a long while yet.

​http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/nicola-sturgeon-threatens-to-block-brexit-in-face-of-english-fur/

Who woke you up. :hehe::hehe:

Welcome to the party. :thumbup:

Ainsley Harriott
27-06-16, 15:31
I'm just going to leave this here

The Netherlands also voted against further association between the EU and the Ukraine (including visa-free travel) in April. 61% of voters were against it.

The EU are set to go forward with pretty much all of it anyway.

Wales-Bales
27-06-16, 15:41
The Netherlands also voted against further association between the EU and the Ukraine (including visa-free travel) in April. 61% of voters were against it.

The EU are set to go forward with pretty much all of it anyway.

Just like the Remainers, the EU are undemocratic :thumbup:

Wales-Bales
29-06-16, 16:54
Have the BBC and the rest of the MSM media apologized yet?