PDA

View Full Version : Boris Johnson speaks

Badly Ironed Shirt
26-06-16, 22:11
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36637037

He sounds like a reluctant Brexitter. If the only change, as he says, is that "the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal." - then there'll be people thinking that they have been duped.

Personally speaking, if the only change was the one highlighted by Boris, and that he had confirmation from the EU that this was possible - I would have voted leave (with the caveat that human rights and employment rights would remain the same or be better than they are currently).

It seems like his position has changed a wee bit.

Croesy Blue
26-06-16, 22:16
What a load of flip flopping bollocks, I would happily kick him right in the dick if I ever saw him the fat hairless ape.

Badly Ironed Shirt
26-06-16, 22:18
What a load of flip flopping bollocks, I would happily kick him right in the dick if I ever saw him the fat hairless ape.

It does come across as a bit fanciful. Although I'm starting to think they just need to speed things up, I want to stop paying VAT on my gas bill - it may be essential since the UK imports all its gas and the pound is down another 2% today.

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 22:22
I'm confused :hehe:

Was Boris a trojan horse?

Badly Ironed Shirt
26-06-16, 22:25

You're a "Leaver" - would you be happy if that's all you got? No need to get into details (i.e. your reasons for voting out) - just interested if what Boris is saying is what you thought you were voting for?

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 22:28
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/boris-johnson/news/76578/senior-tories-anna-soubry-and

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 22:31
You're a "Leaver" - would you be happy if that's all you got? No need to get into details (i.e. your reasons for voting out) - just interested if what Boris is saying is what you thought you were voting for?

I didn't vote :-) but yeah, I see what you mean. This brings Farage back into the picture, there will be a call for a single issue general election, which the Tories will try to avoid. Meanwhile the press will continue to go nuts with their scare stories.

I'm not really surprised as this was entirely what I predicted.

Eric the Half a Bee
26-06-16, 22:42
Sounds like he's trying to win favour with everyone ahead of a leadership contest.

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 22:47
Sounds like he's trying to win favour with everyone ahead of a leadership contest.

It's a lot different to "controlling our own borders" and "deciding how we trade" though.

Mrs Steve R
26-06-16, 23:01

:hehe: Tory tag team #*****

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 23:05
:hehe: Tory tag team #*****

You may be right, gal :thumbup:

Same old Tories, always cheating :hehe:

lardy
26-06-16, 23:37
He is saying something completely different to what he said in the campaign and what people voted for. Maybe cameron was having a dig in his resignation speech when he said the leaders should be those completed committed to leaving

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 23:48
Turns most of those who signed the petition for a 2nd referendum come from North Korea and Antarctica!

Wales-Bales
26-06-16, 23:49
He is saying something completely different to what he said in the campaign and what people voted for. Maybe cameron was having a dig in his resignation speech when he said the leaders should be those completed committed to leaving

What an oaf, he'll do anything to become PM.

az city
26-06-16, 23:59

He sounds like a reluctant Brexitter. If the only change, as he says, is that "the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal." - then there'll be people thinking that they have been duped.

Personally speaking, if the only change was the one highlighted by Boris, and that he had confirmation from the EU that this was possible - I would have voted leave (with the caveat that human rights and employment rights would remain the same or be better than they are currently).

I believe this is exactly why Cameron quit. He realized Bojo knew delivering the full Leave agenda was crazy. He neatly stepped aside handed it over to Bojo who is now trying to find some way of delivering Brexit but with no substantive changes to the UK/EU relationship. Bojo is now stuck. If he goes for a full Brexit, the UK economy will go into complete meltdown. If he doesn't he will be accused of not delivering what he campaigned for. It's why the Leave side suddenly want time. The only thing Cameron did wrong was not invoke Article 50 on Friday morning and resign on Friday afternoon.

NYCBlue
27-06-16, 01:27

Of course it has. Phase one complete. Suddenly this is an appropriate time to stop his clown act and start acting in a manner more becoming of a PM.

Broken Machine
27-06-16, 02:32
Yeah, even he didn't want to win. He wanted to be the brave politician that lost the battle against the evil EU. And then he'd replace Cameron. Even he is ****ed now. Good job, 'leave' voters.

the other bob wilson
27-06-16, 05:28
I believe this is exactly why Cameron quit. He realized Bojo knew delivering the full Leave agenda was crazy. He neatly stepped aside handed it over to Bojo who is now trying to find some way of delivering Brexit but with no substantive changes to the UK/EU relationship. Bojo is now stuck. If he goes for a full Brexit, the UK economy will go into complete meltdown. If he doesn't he will be accused of not delivering what he campaigned for. It's why the Leave side suddenly want time. The only thing Cameron did wrong was not invoke Article 50 on Friday morning and resign on Friday afternoon.

Oh, I think Cameron did a few other things wrong - like putting himself and his party before the country he was running for example.

I never liked or rated David Cameron, but I recognise that without the European issue, history's judgement of him might have been a kind one - surely though, his political career has to be judged a failure now though after his huge losing gamble on the EU referendum?

As for what Boris Johnson said, it only tends to confirm the growing suspicion that those at the top of the leave campaign seem to have spent very little time considering the implications of them actually winning the vote - they appear to be making it up as they go along and, if this video is to be believed, seem to think that the Remain side should have come up with an exit plan for them :hehe:.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/faisal-islam-brexit-no-plan_uk_576fe22ee4b0d2571149cffd

Dénia Bluebird
27-06-16, 06:38
I didn't vote :-) but yeah, I see what you mean. This brings Farage back into the picture, there will be a call for a single issue general election, which the Tories will try to avoid. Meanwhile the press will continue to go nuts with their scare stories.

I have always believed that people who fail to vote (unless there is a good reason for failing to do so), you lose your right to express an opinion on political decision. Therefore 30% of the electorate really dont matter. What a bunch of morons you all are!
With the £ falling again this morning I say, well done Brexiters!

Mad as a fish
27-06-16, 08:18

Hairless? What are you on?

az city
27-06-16, 08:28
Oh, I think Cameron did a few other things wrong - like putting himself and his party before the country he was running for example.

I should be clear that I'm no Cameron fan. I meant only tactical mistake is wrong-footing Bojo.

The particularly odd thing is Cameron called the referendum to stymie UKIP and placate his own right wing. It seems fairly clear that UKIP have come to realize their real opportunity is in displacing Labour in its heartland because neither of the two (previously) main parties has any traction there.

TH63
27-06-16, 08:30
Yeah, even he didn't want to win. He wanted to be the brave politician that lost the battle against the evil EU. And then he'd replace Cameron. Even he is ****ed now. Good job, 'leave' voters.

I suspect this is closer to the truth than many of us know.

Vimana.
27-06-16, 09:04
I suspect this is closer to the truth than many of us know.

Looks like some believed that they 'knew'.

Clegg's vision of the outcome - 24 hours before ..

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/will-wake-vote-leave/

It's going to get ever more 'interesting'.

ian gibson
27-06-16, 09:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE

Why Britain joined the EU

Colonel Cærdiffi
27-06-16, 09:10

Holy shit, he nailed it.

Gabalphaville
27-06-16, 09:11

He sounds like a reluctant Brexitter. .

He's a closet Europhile and has used the Brexit campaign for his own political advancement. For him it has always been about becoming PM. I voted Remain but for those who voted Out you are going to get Brexit-lite with BoJo at the helm.

jon1959
27-06-16, 09:13

Fair play to Mystic Clegg - he got that 100% right.

Vimana.
27-06-16, 09:20
Fair play to Mystic Clegg - he got that 100% right.

"Mystic Clegg" :-)

Aye, it's rather uncanny.
If he got the bits we do 'know' correct, what about his other inferences?
Are we currently map-less, rudderless, paddle-less?

George has turned up and told us everything is OK...

Richyrich
27-06-16, 09:47
It's a lot different to "controlling our own borders" and "deciding how we trade" though.

That you fell for!!

Richyrich
27-06-16, 09:55

Where did you predict it?

You didn't predict it on this site.

You were predicting a rigged vote for remain, which didn't happen.

Croesy Blue
27-06-16, 10:08
Hairless? What are you on?

Have you never seen an ape mate? They generally are covered in hair all over their body.

Richyrich
27-06-16, 10:11
Have you never seen an ape mate? They generally are covered in hair all over their body.

:hehe:

Feedback
27-06-16, 10:34

this in spades. Cameron put party unity before the nation's longer term interests and it has come back to bite him on the arse. He was a decent PM up until this, history will forever remember him as the PM who got it massively wrong.

Colonel Cærdiffi
27-06-16, 10:53

Not hairless then.

Dr Lecter
27-06-16, 11:14
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADk_4dTXt8

This years Tory party conference.

xsnaggle
27-06-16, 12:39
Turns most of those who signed the petition for a 2nd referendum come from North Korea and Antarctica!

Nice one. This has got to be the weakest attempt at a whooosh ever. :hehe:

Kiffa
27-06-16, 14:02
Holy shit, he nailed it.

I want my Clegg back

Wales-Bales
27-06-16, 14:43
I have always believed that people who fail to vote (unless there is a good reason for failing to do so), you lose your right to express an opinion on political decision. Therefore 30% of the electorate really dont matter. What a bunch of morons you all are!
With the £ falling again this morning I say, well done Brexiters!

I disagree. I am not invested in either side, therefore I can provide impartial analysis. Unlike those who voted that are either ecstatic or can't stop winging.

Wales-Bales
27-06-16, 14:45
Nice one. This has got to be the weakest attempt at a whooosh ever. :hehe:

It would be if it wasn't true, most of the "signatures" are fake, added via an automated script.

Wales-Bales
27-06-16, 14:49
Where did you predict it?

You didn't predict it on this site.

You were predicting a rigged vote for remain, which didn't happen.
Not through lack of trying :thumbup:

Croesy Blue
27-06-16, 15:23
Not hairless then.
Well no usually apes are covered in hair which is why humans, specifically stupid ones, are referred to as hairless or naked apes.