PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest reason for leaving the EU?

Barry Shitpeas
28-06-16, 20:52
Heard some good ones over the last few weeks. I was talking to a woman, probably in her 30's, and amongst other things she was claiming that the reason all these gay people are getting married was because of the EU. A used car dealer on Radio Wales who was blaming Brussels for the price of second hand cars being so low was my favourite one. Today on 5 Live a bloke from the West Midlands who voted out because of the bedroom tax ffs :hehe:

Eric the Half a Bee
28-06-16, 20:53
Heard some good ones over the last few weeks. I was talking to a woman, probably in her 30's, and amongst other things she was claiming that the reason all these gay people are getting married was because of the EU. A used car dealer on Radio Wales who was blaming Brussels for the price of second hand cars being so low was my favourite one. Today on 5 Live a bloke from the West Midlands who voted out because of the bedroom tax ffs :hehe:

One of the suggestions is that the more educated people were, the more likely they were to vote remain. Seems to be getting truer by the day! :hehe:

blue matt
28-06-16, 20:57
One of the suggestions is that the more educated people were, the more likely they were to vote remain. Seems to be getting truer by the day! :hehe:

It works both ways though

One of my customers said " I voted remain as i wanted the EU to take full control of our country because i dont trust our politicians "

Eric the Half a Bee
28-06-16, 21:07
It works both ways though

One of my customers said " I voted remain as i wanted the EU to take full control of our country because i dont trust our politicians "

The mind boggles! :hehe:

blue matt
28-06-16, 21:14
The mind boggles! :hehe:

this was a person in a £ 1 million plus house, she used to be a nurse ( she has retired now ) and he works in " the city " as some financial bod

insider
28-06-16, 21:23
"The immigrants are both taking all our jobs and sponging off the system in equal measures"

Zenith
28-06-16, 21:25
"My eggs are shit quality so if we leave the EU I can go to the local farmer and get proper one's"

:hehe:

Eric the Half a Bee
28-06-16, 21:30
"The immigrants are both taking all our jobs and sponging off the system in equal measures"

Schrodinger's immigrant.

TH63
28-06-16, 21:36
Half a dozen posts and my previous point that a significant percentage of the population are not competent to make any decision which is any more complex than red sauce or brown sauce has been proven.

tommy31
28-06-16, 22:02

There was a poll run by someone that demonstrated this quite well (ie higher education = more likely to vote remain). ill see if i can find it.

Eric the Half a Bee
28-06-16, 22:19
Half a dozen posts and my previous point that a significant percentage of the population are not competent to make any decision which is any more complex than red sauce or brown sauce has been proven.

Quite right. The total fudging of information on both sides also made it impossible to make a rational decision, instead it fed on too many prejudices and fears. All totally planned btw.

Mad as a fish
28-06-16, 22:24
"My eggs are shit quality so if we leave the EU I can go to the local farmer and get proper one's"

I heard that one as well mate, from the same idiot that said she wont be able to go to Disneyland anymore!

blue matt
28-06-16, 22:27
I heard that one as well mate, from the same idiot that said she wont be able to go to Disneyland anymore!

disneyland you say ( i guess paris ) , hello :wave: :hehe:

not sure thats a good or a bad thing, tell her to save up a few more quid and go to disneyworld :thumbup: I am sure i read a figure of 12 K might do it , might have been on here :wave:

Mad as a fish
28-06-16, 22:29
Havnt got a clue mate but that was a remain voter.

adz-a32
28-06-16, 22:31

not sure thats a good or a bad thing, tell her to save up a few more quid and go to disneyworld :thumbup: I am sure i read a figure of 12 K might do it , might have been on here :wave:

Also, we can have a trade deal with Zimbabwe so burritos can be cheaper

TruBlue
28-06-16, 22:36

She'll probably need more like £14k now the pound is crap.

Mad as a fish
28-06-16, 22:37
Love it!

Whisperer
29-06-16, 05:31
I Love the smell of Arrogance in the morning.

Croesy Blue
29-06-16, 06:10
I Love the smell of Arrogance in the morning.
That was also a reason for voting leave I think, the people of Southend on sea voted expecting it to be the end of the prevailing wind coming from the Netherlands.

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-06-16, 06:54
Schrodinger's immigrant.

Jimmy the Jock
29-06-16, 07:32

it is good the poor and thick won for once.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Croesy Blue
29-06-16, 07:43
It's a good point Jimmy, whilst I think in the end it could make things that little bit worse for a lot of poor areas they didn't have much to lose and I think a lot of voting was down to them finally sticking two fingers up to the establishment and the succession of governments who have forgotten them. It's a shame we don't get this sort of turn out for general elections though where they could actually make things better for themselves.

Whilst saying that I do think a decent anount of the leave vote was made up either by people who didn't know what they were voting for, people who had no reason to vote that way and some made up by xenophobes and racists.

Organ Morgan.
29-06-16, 07:56
I agree with Jim's succinct observation. However, he gave no credit to the legions of smelly bastards who also voted en masse for Leave.

Feedback
29-06-16, 09:25
Schrodinger's immigrant.

:clap:

Des Parrot
29-06-16, 09:34
In a similar vein:

"why are Iceland in Euro16 if they're not in the EU?"
"does this mean we're not in the Euro vision song contest anymore?"
"at least we'll not be dictated to be the European Court of Human Rights"

Des Parrot
29-06-16, 09:34
Double post - sorry!

Packerman
29-06-16, 09:35
In a similar vein:

"why are Iceland in Euro16 if they're not in the EU?"
"does this mean we're not in the Euro vision song contest anymore?"
"at least we'll not be dictated to be the European Court of Human Rights"

so good you said it twice

BLUETIT
29-06-16, 09:41
I wanted my bent cucumbers back. :hehe:

itkman
29-06-16, 09:43
Someone on the radio saying she was glad we voted out because now we can eat what we want and won't have to deal with silly health and safety rules.

not telling
29-06-16, 10:05
Two best I heard were:

To keep out Mexicans and people from Sierra Leone nad
Fed up with seeing Spanish beetroot in Tesco's.

Not making either of these up.

adz-a32
29-06-16, 10:32

Now she's on about pizzas :hehe:

How can anyone be that stupid irl? But how can anyone act so stupid? :sherlock:

Heathblue
29-06-16, 10:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjUESuwqes

:thumbup::hehe::hehe::hehe:

whatever!!
29-06-16, 11:01
It's a good point Jimmy, whilst I think in the end it could make things that little bit worse for a lot of poor areas they didn't have much to lose and I think a lot of voting was down to them finally sticking two fingers up to the establishment and the succession of governments who have forgotten them. It's a shame we don't get this sort of turn out for general elections though where they could actually make things better for themselves.

Whilst saying that I do think a decent anount of the leave vote was made up either by people who didn't know what they were voting for, people who had no reason to vote that way and some made up by xenophobes and racists.

There's a lot of self righteous crap coming from people who think they are smart because they voted remain.

uncle bob
29-06-16, 11:06
I voted out because I put a tenner on at 11/2 easy moneymoney,

Dr Lecter
29-06-16, 11:07
There's a lot of self righteous crap coming from people who think they are smart because they voted remain.

I'd say the fact that they think anyone who voted to leave is either thick or racist shows you that there's plenty of ****wits on both sides.

I'm wondering who's whinging and bitching the most about being out of Europe - the remain camp or England fans?

You're out - deal with it.

Dr Lecter
29-06-16, 11:10
I voted out because I put a tenner on at 11/2 easy moneymoney,

That money won't help you when the apocalypse starts.

I hope you're happy you xenophobic thicko.

itkman
29-06-16, 11:11
I hope you're happy you xenophobic thicko.

No "we're" not. And I'm beginning to think it's looking increasingly likely we won't ever be either.

Vimana.
29-06-16, 11:12
You're out - deal with it.

It is now very much this ^^.

Blue in the Face
29-06-16, 11:15
It's disgraceful the EU put Eurodisney in Paris IMO. Time to bring Mickey and friends home NQAT

Dr Lecter
29-06-16, 11:16
No "we're" not. And I'm beginning to think it's looking increasingly likely we won't ever be either.

I'm pretty sure we will be.

Life goes on whatever path these idiot politicians take us down.

The trick is to just get on with your life instead of worrying about things that you have no control over.

The alternative is high blood pressure, endless stress, unrelenting anger and frustration etc.

itkman
29-06-16, 11:19
The alternative is high blood pressure, endless stress, unrelenting anger and frustration etc.

So, normal life for a Cardiff City fan?

Dr Lecter
29-06-16, 11:23
So, normal life for a Cardiff City fan?

Pretty much.

Except for this season of course when we cruise to promotion

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-06-16, 11:31
I saw one person say they voted out so we could get better weather!

No I didn't.