PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Nationalists kicking Labour when they're down.

the other bob wilson
29-06-16, 09:15
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36660386

This story got me thinking. I voted Plaid in the Assembly elections last month, but only because of their candidate's stance on local issues here in Fairwater - I've never thought seriously of voting for them in a general election. However, if Plaid was to enter into some sort of coalition with the Scots Nats whereby they could grab on to the latter's coattails so to speak, I'd be sorely tempted to vote for them given the way politics in England and Wales seems to be going. I'm not being logical there I know, but these are strange days, strange days indeed.

Llanedeyrnblue
29-06-16, 09:25
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36660386

This story got me thinking. I voted Plaid in the Assembly elections last month, but only because of their candidate's stance on local issues here in Fairwater - I've never thought seriously of voting for them in a general election. However, if Plaid was to enter into some sort of coalition with the Scots Nats whereby they could grab on to the latter's coattails so to speak, I'd be sorely tempted to vote for them given the way politics in England and Wales seems to be going. I'm not being logical there I know, but these are strange days, strange days indeed.

The difference between the SNP and Plaid is that the SNP seem to have better "quality" politicians in their ranks, the main reason why I don't vote Plaid. Saying that, Welsh Labour are just as bad

TH63
29-06-16, 09:33
The difference between the SNP and Plaid is that the SNP seem to have better "quality" politicians in their ranks, the main reason why I don't vote Plaid. Saying that, Welsh Labour are just as bad

The only thing that really puts me off plaid is their ultimate goal of independence.

Whilst I am proud to be Welsh, as a separate country I think we'd struggle to survive following the destruction of our heavy industry.

tommy31
29-06-16, 10:52
The only thing that really puts me off plaid is their ultimate goal of independence.

Whilst I am proud to be Welsh, as a separate country I think we'd struggle to survive following the destruction of our heavy industry.

Well I think they want to build towards it, and make Wales able to become independent. We couldn't do it now, but in 15 years following a few terms who knows.

With regards to the OP, I agree. Plaid will fight for what Wales wants and nothing else, which for me is enough to vote for them in the Westminster elections. I think someone has to stand for us, and I don't think labour do a good enough job.

whatever!!
29-06-16, 11:05

Following the recent referendum, I am firmly of the opinion that Gwynedd and Ceridigion should secede from the Union.

jon1959
29-06-16, 17:26
Not sure this is kicking....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

Jeremy Corbyn should stay on and "stick in", says former SNP leader Alex Salmond.

Speaking on his LBC phone-in, the former Scottish first minister said Mr Corbyn had a shown a "consistency of approach and policy", and called the MPs resigning from his front bench "non-entities nobody's ever heard of".

But he said he did think there was a possibility of "parliamentary fracturing" if Mr Corbyn stayed on, with "disgruntled right-wingers" leaving to form their own group.

He also said he believed there was "some truth" to the suggestion that the move against Mr Corbyn is linked to the publication of the long-awaited Chilcot report into the 2003 Iraq invasion next week.

Just friendly advice, I thought.