PDA

View Full Version : Has the Euros stopped a lot of the Swans/Cardiff animosity?

WJ99mobile
30-06-16, 20:08
Seems zero infighting at present.

CCFC CASUAL
30-06-16, 20:09

There have been small skirmishes.

Bordeaux first weekend. Can't be arsed to type it up again but in answer to your initial question its not zero infighting.

Elysium
30-06-16, 20:11

Yes, many seem to be showing a more nature attitude.

Which can only be good.

Vimana.
30-06-16, 20:16
Calm. Good. :thumbup:

Croesy Blue
30-06-16, 20:50
I was thinking this myself last night. Maybe it'll change once the season starts but at the moment I don't have any ill feelings towards them at all due to how well Wales are doing with both academy products from Swansea and Cardiff doing amazingly well.

Hope the whole together stronger stuff carries on after the euros. You have to be an idiot for wanting to fight someone for supporting a different football team for you and an even bigger idiot to bring that into international football.

blue matt
30-06-16, 20:55
i know of a small group of city fans who got jumped by a larger group of jacks

before anyone starts, i didnt see it as i havent been to France, but a bloke who i trust his word told me

BLUETIT
30-06-16, 20:57

before anyone starts, i didnt see it as i havent been to France, but a bloke who i trust his word told me

So, one group were 10 stoners and the other group were fat barstewards, if I'm reading you right.:hehe:

CCFC CASUAL
30-06-16, 21:00

Happened to 3 of my mates on the Sunday in Bordeaux if it was same incident. 3 Merthyr lads although 1 of them now lives in London and 1 Australia.

MacAdder
30-06-16, 21:00
It's a ceasefire that's all. Usually happens close season. It'll be "business as usual" in a months time

BLUETIT
30-06-16, 21:21
Happened to 3 of my mates on the Sunday in Bordeaux if it was same incident. 3 Merthyr lads although 1 of them now lives in London and 1 Australia.

Don't leave us is suspenders, one in Aussie land, one in Lundorn, where's the other ****er live. :hehe:

surge
30-06-16, 22:02
Hopefully its dying out and well on the way to being gone (at least at international level at least) forever.

City123
30-06-16, 22:25
Don't leave us is suspenders, one in Aussie land, one in Lundorn, where's the other ****er live. :hehe:
I assume he lives in Merthyr :shrug:

Teddy Bear
01-07-16, 04:38
Mostly. Fans were commenting on it in Lille and Toulouse. But the only real trouble I have seen was in Toulouse, a Cardiff fan throw a chair at what he thought were Swansea fans calling them jack bastards. Thankfully stopped before any more trouble kicked off. Turns out they were all Cardiff fans anyway and not jacks.

Oh and met a father and son who had some lads from Cardiff calling them jack bastards and other names. They were actually jacks this time.

BLUETIT
01-07-16, 06:31

I assume he lives in Merthyr :shrug:

I guessed that, just thought I'd give him the chance of a punchline. :hehe:

BLUETIT
01-07-16, 06:33
Been 9 arrests of Welsh fans, 5 for being drunk, 2 for carrying flares, 2 for fighting.

Since64
01-07-16, 08:35

Can't answer for what might or might not have been happening in France but certainly I was put in my place when I dared to accuse people of disrespecting Ashley Williams for his Swansea connection so yes I would have to say definitely no animosity shown to Swansea players.must also add how delighted I was as everyone must be to hear Ash would be fit for tonight,and should the worse happen that he or indeed any Player tonight be responsible for us losing I know that you will all come forward with messages of support for that unfortunate person.

Croesy Blue
01-07-16, 08:37
Mostly. Fans were commenting on it in Lille and Toulouse. But the only real trouble I have seen was in Toulouse, a Cardiff fan throw a chair at what he thought were Swansea fans calling them jack bastards. Thankfully stopped before any more trouble kicked off. Turns out they were all Cardiff fans anyway and not jacks.

Oh and met a father and son who had some lads from Cardiff calling them jack bastards and other names. They were actually jacks this time.
What makes people behave like that!

Pencoed Jack
01-07-16, 10:17
Can't answer for what might or might not have been happening in France but certainly I was put in my place when I dared to accuse people of disrespecting Ashley Williams for his Swansea connection so yes I would have to say definitely no animosity shown to Swansea players.must also add how delighted I was as everyone must be to hear Ash would be fit for tonight,and should the worse happen that he or indeed any Player tonight be responsible for us losing I know that you will all come forward with messages of support for that unfortunate person.

I feel no animosity to any of the Cardiff players in the Welsh squad ::biggrin:

Dr Lecter
01-07-16, 10:31
I feel no animosity to any of the Cardiff players in the Welsh squad ::biggrin:

You do realise that Bale used to play for us?

Epic fail.

Blue in the Face
01-07-16, 11:41
Always cringe when grown men take the Cardiff-Swansea rivalry too seriously. It's great that we have finally reached a era and a level where we can appreciate Swansea City affiliated players and vice versa.

But Cardiff need to make serious steps to make sure our academy doesn't fall too far behind theirs. They have Category One, but we have the better catchment area.

:wales::ayatollah: