PDA

View Full Version : Farage and UKIP - when will the penny drop for their supporters?

AfricanBluebird
04-07-16, 12:44
I hope soon.

It should give a clue as to the real positioning of Farage and UKIP when the only, and overwhelming, support he/they have in the European Parliament is from far right parties such as European National Front parities.

When the leave campaign targeted social media groups for their leave adverts to be displayed such as BNP, EDL and Britain First it again reflects a country that is moving the agenda to the right.

Of course few people who voted leave would consider that they hold far right views, and I wouldn't consider them as such either, of course. But there is no doubt that this is a calculated maneuver to keep pushing the discourse further to the right in the UK. One look at Farage and his political history shows that at the heart of his motivation is a extreme far right beliefs.

It may be too late to stop Brexit but it';s not too late to halt this move to the right.

BLUETIT
04-07-16, 12:47
Talking of pennies and dropping, isn't there a politics forum now. :hehe:

AfricanBluebird
04-07-16, 12:55
Talking of pennies and dropping, isn't there a politics forum now. :hehe:

Ooops.

Yeah you're right :facepalm:

TH63
04-07-16, 14:38
Taken from his wikipedia page

"Farage was active in the Conservative Party from his school days, having seen a visit to his school by Enoch Powell"

goslow
04-07-16, 16:23
So no links to any far right parties or policies then?just the usual smear and sneer.

itkman
04-07-16, 16:27
So no links to any far right parties or policies then?

He was founder and leader of UKIP.

Mrs Steve R
04-07-16, 17:05
So no links to any far right parties or policies then?just the usual smear and sneer.
I think he's been controlled and paid opposition from the start.

goslow
04-07-16, 17:34
I think he's been controlled and paid opposition from the start.

Full moon?
:hehe:

jon1959
04-07-16, 17:41
Passtimes: 'red wine'. :hehe:

They missed out posing with a pint of bitter every time a camera appears. Maybe that was just for effect?

Mrs Steve R
04-07-16, 17:45
Full moon?
:hehe:
:hehe: Nope, just call them the A-Team, they love it when a plan comes together.

life on mars
04-07-16, 17:54
Dreadful human being , no sorry dreadful , being . Don't worry about Nigel ,whatever happen to this country , he will be alright

Wales-Bales
19-11-16, 20:54
It seems like this memo didn't make it to the American people, and it may come as a surprise what others in Europe choose during the course of the next year or two. It looks like the game is up for the liberal left.

Eric Cartman
20-11-16, 13:24
:hehe: Nope, just call them the A-Team, they love it when a plan comes together.

How has the plan come together? Before the referendum you thought the plan was to stay in the EU.

Eric Cartman
20-11-16, 13:25
It seems like this memo didn't make it to the American people, and it may come as a surprise what others in Europe choose during the course of the next year or two. It looks like the game is up for the liberal left.

Screw Organs gold tips, I am investing in pitchforks.

Wales-Bales
20-11-16, 13:52
How has the plan come together? Before the referendum you thought the plan was to stay in the EU.
It was, and probably still is, but something has gone a bit wrong :sherlock:

Mrs Steve R
20-11-16, 15:13
They have divided us for a start, what do you think would anger the leave voters more, losing the vote and staying in or winning the vote and staying in? :hehe:

Wales-Bales
20-11-16, 15:41
They have divided us for a start, what do you think would anger the leave voters more, losing the vote and staying in or winning the vote and staying in? :hehe:
Ah, the old hexagonal dialect :biggrin:

Mrs Steve R
20-11-16, 15:55
Ah, the old hexagonal dialect :biggrin:
:hehe: They know their stuff in that department.

TruBlue
20-11-16, 23:19
It was, and probably still is, but something has gone a bit wrong :sherlock:

You loons make me laugh, spend years telling us about the NWO, Beefburgers, Hillary being promised the top job etc and then when it all goes the other way rather than hold your hands up in the air and say, actually we were talking nonsense all along, you just alter it and say "something went wrong". :hehe:

Mrs Steve R
20-11-16, 23:34
You loons make me laugh, spend years telling us about the NWO, Beefburgers, Hillary being promised the top job etc and then when it all goes the other way rather than hold your hands up in the air and say, actually we were talking nonsense all along, you just alter it and say "something went wrong". :hehe:
You are confusing the result with leaving the EU, get back to us when we have actually left. :biggrin:

TruBlue
20-11-16, 23:54
You are confusing the result with leaving the EU, get back to us when we have actually left. :biggrin:

What difference does it make, once we leave you'll just tell me it was all "part of the plan" anyway. :biggrin:

lardy
20-11-16, 23:56

This the beauty of the 'it's all planned' argument. By never saying who the people supposedly in charge are, nothing can be leaked or proved etc

No matter what happens, just say this was the plan all along. No one can ever prove you wrong.

Mrs Steve R
21-11-16, 00:28
What difference does it make, once we leave you'll just tell me it was all "part of the plan" anyway. :biggrin:
When it's all sorted and all that jazz and we are officially out I will quite happily say I was wrong. :biggrin:

TruBlue
21-11-16, 00:30
This the beauty of the 'it's all planned' argument. By never saying who the people supposedly in charge are, nothing can be leaked or proved etc

No matter what happens, just say this was the plan all along. No one can ever prove you wrong.

Be ready to be called a sheep. :biggrin:

Mrs Steve R
21-11-16, 00:41
Be ready to be called a sheep. :biggrin:
Sheep sheep you're a liar. :hehe: I've never called you a sheep.

Gabalphaville
21-11-16, 10:56

I've always thought of him as a little Englander rather than any kind of fascist. He did have a juvenile interest in the NF and Oswald Mosley though: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-fascist-nazi-song-gas-them-all-ukip-brexit-schoolfriend-dulwich-college-a7185236.html

Wales-Bales
21-11-16, 17:17
You are so naive, everything is binary in your world :biggrin:

life on mars
21-11-16, 17:51
I hope soon.

It should give a clue as to the real positioning of Farage and UKIP when the only, and overwhelming, support he/they have in the European Parliament is from far right parties such as European National Front parities.

When the leave campaign targeted social media groups for their leave adverts to be displayed such as BNP, EDL and Britain First it again reflects a country that is moving the agenda to the right.

Of course few people who voted leave would consider that they hold far right views, and I wouldn't consider them as such either, of course. But there is no doubt that this is a calculated maneuver to keep pushing the discourse further to the right in the UK. One look at Farage and his political history shows that at the heart of his motivation is a extreme far right beliefs.

It may be too late to stop Brexit but it';s not too late to halt this move to the right.

I think there is more right wing thoughts around , than most of us care to think .