Leadson is not standing for leader!!

Leadsom is of course who I meant.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 13:59
Link?

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 15:23
Link?

Thought that he headline expressed my feelings about Leadsoms dreadful campaign without a link.

Just Google 'Leadsom CV' 'Leadsom motherhood' or 'Leadsom car crash'.

Plenty there to support my post title.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 16:13
Thought that he headline expressed my feelings about Leadsoms dreadful campaign without a link.

Just Google 'Leadsom CV' 'Leadsom motherhood' or 'Leadsom car crash'.

Plenty there to support my post title.

You didn't say if it is due to genuine incompetence on her part, or whether there is a smear campaign against her orchestrated from within the Tory party and the media?

Mrs Steve R
09-07-16, 16:26
I still prefer her, May can't be trusted imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 16:36

I've been watching May with interest since before the referendum, as I'd noted her fence-sitting and lack of campaigning.

When Boris won the Brexit it seemed as though he wasn't expecting it, and off he off to play cricket and have a BBQ, as you do in times like this.

I wonder if it was because the Gove "knife in the back" was "expected", which incidentally also took nasty Gove out of the equation.

Suddenly things are looking pretty rosy for Mrs May, all except that pesky Leadsom lady.

Cue the Tory press character assignations and who would be blamed for thinking that May for PM was the Plan B all along?

Watch this space ... :hehe:

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 16:52
You didn't say if it is due to genuine incompetence on her part, or whether there is a smear campaign against her orchestrated from within the Tory party and the media?

Don't think it needs a smear campaign,think she is doing very nicely by herself!!!

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 16:55
Don't think it needs a smear campaign,think she is doing very nicely by herself!!!

Don't underestimate the media to get you thinking what they want you to think :hehe:

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 16:55
I still prefer her, May can't be trusted im

And you think you can trust Leadsom?????

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 17:13
Don't underestimate the media to get you thinking what they want you to think :hehe:

Er....yes I do realise what the media do thanks very much.

It wasn't the media who embellished her CV was it? Though obviously they were more than willing to help spread the word.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 17:15
Er....yes I do realise what the media do thanks very much.

It wasn't the media who embellished her CV was it? Though obviously they were more than willing to help spread the word.

Embellishing CV's is a Tory thing, it's almost a requirement to become a blue MP :hehe: IDS has a corker!

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 17:36
Surprise, surprise, Mrs May was a reluctant Brexiter

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/687589/Theresa-May-reluctant-remainer-Michael-Fallon?_ga=1.68362196.459783775.1468085401

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 17:39
Surprise, surprise, Mrs May was a reluctant Brexiter

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/687589/Theresa-May-reluctant-remainer-Michael-Fallon?_ga=1.68362196.459783775.1468085401

That was no surprise, it has been known for ages.

Three years ago Leadsom said we shouldn't leave the EU.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 17:44
That was no surprise, it has been known for ages.

Three years ago Leadsom said we shouldn't leave the EU.

May voted Remain!

Mrs Steve R
09-07-16, 17:57
And you think you can trust Leadsom?????
Not really :hehe: I just dislike her less than May.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 18:08
This Brexit exit is going to be fun to watch .. any predictions?

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 18:45
May voted Remain!

Well yes she was a reluctant remainers!!

Elwood Blues
09-07-16, 18:48

I am still not sure we will actually leave.

surge
09-07-16, 19:06
We should not make the same mistake they did for Cruz when highlighting Trump's misjudged attitudes; just because Leadson has some questionable quotes does not mean May is any better as a leader. Let's talk about their policies rather than their genitalia and their policies have so often been wrong.

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 19:06
I am still not sure we will actually leave.

With Mark Carney on hand to wreck the economy and Theresa May on standby to save the day, you might just be right! :hehe:

Heathblue
09-07-16, 19:11

Do you honest a god think it will happen ? :hehe:

Wales-Bales
09-07-16, 19:12
Do you honest a god think it will happen ? :hehe:

Theresa May said it will happen :hehe:

life on mars
09-07-16, 22:23

I like May , she got rid of the man with the hook .

Mrs Steve R
09-07-16, 22:46
I like May , she got rid of the man with the hook .
You taking the piss? :hehe:

Wales-Bales
10-07-16, 11:30
The Labour leadership model is unworkable - as it's the Labour party membership that decides not the PLP. The Corbyn scenario being the perfect example. MPs must surely want to work with and back the Leader ?

However the Tories are just as screwed - they pick 2 candidates and then offer those as the choice to the whole party, so if as in this case you have 1 Remainer and 1 Brexiter - they may well pick the person the MPs dont want. But I guess it's better than Corbyn scenario as at least the MPs picked the candidates.

Interesting times.......

I don't think Corbyn has got anything to do with the Tory leadership contest, but I may be wrong.

cityviking
10-07-16, 13:22
The Labour leadership model is unworkable - as it's the Labour party membership that decides not the PLP. The Corbyn scenario being the perfect example. MPs must surely want to work with and back the Leader ?

However the Tories are just as screwed - they pick 2 candidates and then offer those as the choice to the whole party, so if as in this case you have 1 Remainer and 1 Brexiter - they may well pick the person the MPs dont want. But I guess it's better than Corbyn scenario as at least the MPs picked the candidates.

Interesting times.......

Yes they should do that, back the leader elected by party members, if they dont like who that leader is they should resign as an MP.

Elwood Blues
11-07-16, 17:09
I was right!!

Wales-Bales
11-07-16, 17:15
I was right!!

It was a slam dunk :thumbup: And now we get to find out what they are really up to :hehe:

Wales-Bales
11-07-16, 17:52
Putting your idea into practice - why didnt the Blairites / Brownites do that ?

That would imply there are principles involved. The Tories and the Blairites are two sides of the same coin. They are more or less interchangeable. The Blairites answer to the Fabians and the Bilderbergs, not the electorate. That is why they are so desperate to get rid of Corbyn.

Organ Morgan.
11-07-16, 19:49
Leadsom's pieces of silver will probably be the ultra cushy Foreign Secretary role. May's Brexit Means Brexit mantra really means uttering the phrase in a sincere tone occasionally followed by an inevitable but.

Meanwhile in the City of London, the UK's state within a state, the Khazarian Mafia will be partying hard till dawn tomorrow morning.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

https://cfoi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/theresea_may.jpg