PDA

View Full Version : Should we go to 3 at the back ?

Lawnmower
09-07-16, 15:26
I think it would suit our squad better, 3 of Manga, Connolly, Morrison and Peltier, with the likes of Fabio, John, Malone and Pilkington to compete for the wing back spots allowing a midfield of Ralls, Whitts, O'Keefe or Gunnar. Immers and Fred up front .

Not a bad side that- if they all stay.

I like 3-5-2 it's a more balanced system than 4-4-2 which often ends up with full backs out of position or 4-5-1 which leaves the striker isolated

surge
09-07-16, 15:48
I think it would suit our squad better, 3 of Manga, Connolly, Morrison and Peltier, with the likes of Fabio, John, Malone and Pilkington to compete for the wing back spots allowing a midfield of Ralls, Whitts, O'Keefe or Gunnar. Immers and Fred up front .

I like 3-5-2 it's a more balanced system than 4-4-2 which often ends up with full backs out of position or 4-5-1 which leaves the striker isolated

:thumbup:

It would certainly help our full-backs and if we have enough threat going forward, I haven't seen Fred yet, then you might be onto a winner.

thehumblegringo
09-07-16, 15:54

My only issue would be, of the midfielders you mention, not one of them are very good at protecting the defenders.

If our full backs are to bomb on then it's essential that we play someone who is disciplined and intelligent enough to play in front of them.

Lawnmower
09-07-16, 16:03
My only issue would be, of the midfielders you mention, not one of them are very good at protecting the defenders.

If our full backs are to bomb on then it's essential that we play someone who is disciplined and intelligent enough to play in front of them.

Step up Dikgachoi ?