PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bob Wilson

thehumblegringo
14-07-16, 12:17
Did you go the game down Treforest yesterday mate?

What were your thoughts?

Blue in the Face
14-07-16, 12:31
Just about to read this report Gringo....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/forest-green-rovers-3-1-11612004?

Hopefully Paul went and will have a report for us as loads of young guns played.

Steve R
14-07-16, 12:33
Just about to read this report Gringo....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/forest-green-rovers-3-1-11612004?

Hopefully Paul went and will have a report for us as loads of young guns played.

He wasn't playing was he?

Blue in the Face
14-07-16, 12:37
He wasn't playing was he?

:hehe:

Before my time. I almost didn't know what you were on about

the other bob wilson
14-07-16, 13:29
Did you go the game down Treforest yesterday mate?

What were your thoughts?

No, I didn't bother, but with it still being almost a month before the seniors play at home, I might try to take in a match or two below that level if I can.

I see the game yesterday was against Kortrijk Under 21s.

Blue in the Face
14-07-16, 14:21
The full game is on CardiffPlayer now...

http://www.player.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/latest-news

Time to renew...

thehumblegringo
14-07-16, 14:32
I went to the game myself. The first half the Belgians played against the USW team. Not a lot to write about, the Belgians won 1-0 and I thought the number 6 for Kortrijk was a good player.

The second half Kortrijk played a lot of different players against a Cardiff side that were made up of predominantly u16s.
The half ended 0-0 I believe (well it was when I left with 5 minutes to go)

Bear in mind that we were playing against 19/20 year old and you'll get some idea of the quality we have in the Academy.

I thought it was entertaining with both teams playing good football and trying to move the ball in between the lines.

I thought James Waite was very good on the right wing (one of the few players over 16) and I thought the kid Spence was excellent.
His head movement and appreciation of space was a joy to watch. I really hope he can keep his head down and keep progressing as I think we'll have a player on our hands in a few years.

These weren't the only players who played well but I happen to know who they were.

That seems to be a very strong age group (u16s) and I hope we see a few of them make the grade in years to come.

Blue in the Face
14-07-16, 14:46
Thanks Gringo :thumbup:

life on mars
14-07-16, 16:00
I went to the game myself. The first half the Belgians played against the USW team. Not a lot to write about, the Belgians won 1-0 and I thought the number 6 for Kortrijk was a good player.

The second half Kortrijk played a lot of different players against a Cardiff side that were made up of predominantly u16s.
The half ended 0-0 I believe (well it was when I left with 5 minutes to go)

Bear in mind that we were playing against 19/20 year old and you'll get some idea of the quality we have in the Academy.

I thought it was entertaining with both teams playing good football and trying to move the ball in between the lines.

I thought James Waite was very good on the right wing (one of the few players over 16) and I thought the kid Spence was excellent.
His head movement and appreciation of space was a joy to watch. I really hope he can keep his head down and keep progressing as I think we'll have a player on our hands in a few years.

These weren't the only players who played well but I happen to know who they were.

That seems to be a very strong age group (u16s) and I hope we see a few of them make the grade in years to come.

Thanks lets hope we see them develop we need to nurture our young Welsh talent to provide a long term bedrock

Organ Morgan.
14-07-16, 17:14
This thread evokes memories of a time when the Other Bobsy Wilson used to post reports of first team fixtures. Anyone else recall them?

He usually submitted them on a Monday morning. It was easy to know when because the message board dimmed and ran slower than treacle for a few minutes afterwards. Once the server had recovered, it was time for readers to make a cuppa and prepare sandwiches before clicking the link. Old hands would also perform forefinger scrolling excercises in readiness to guard against cramp setting in.

His reports always followed the same pattern. The first 20 to 30 paragraphs would be dedicated to both teams current form going into the game. The next ten or so would concern the pitchside temperature and wind direction at kick-off time. Then it would be information about all the match officials. He'd really go into detail about the ref; his entire life story, in fact.

Next would be guesstimates of the total attendance and of how many police, stewards and St. John's Ambulance people were inside the ground.

By then the kettle was coming to the boil for the third time. Hours later after finally reading the ins and outs of the game the inevitable arse numbness had set in. We all promised ourselves "never again" but we always came back for more.

Michael Morris
14-07-16, 19:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX9VOacvYdE