PDA

View Full Version : Brexit kicked into the long grass?

Wales-Bales
16-07-16, 20:32
Brexit means Brexit ... if Nicola Sturgeon says so :sherlock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3690780/Theresa-travels-Edinburgh-meeting-PM-Nicola-Sturgeon-bids-union-together.html

Elysium
16-07-16, 20:43

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3690780/Theresa-travels-Edinburgh-meeting-PM-Nicola-Sturgeon-bids-union-together.html

Ah, the good old Daily Mail.

When it suits your agenda.

Mrs Steve R
16-07-16, 20:53

What would that be? and what is yours while we're at it?

Tall Midget
16-07-16, 21:21
and what is yours while we're at it?

A creme de menthe, thanks......

Mrs Steve R
16-07-16, 21:33
A creme de menthe, thanks......
I'm all out.. sorry :-)

Wales-Bales
17-07-16, 00:11
Cameron said it's up to May, and May said it is up to Sturgeon, so who is Sturgeon going to say it up to?

TH63
17-07-16, 05:25

A fair point.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 09:53

All that Brexit has done, is put right an injustice, which the older members on this board will remember took place in 1975, when we were denied an opportunity as an electorate to have a vote on closer union politically with the EU. That vote has now taken place, with a turnout higher than that of many General Elections and a clear mandate from the electorate for Britain to detach itself from ever closer union with an un-elected, unaccountable body. It doesn't mean we are not Europeans, or that we cannot continue with perfectly sensible security and trading relations with other countries in Europe.

Vimana.
01-08-16, 10:20
'Splott Dave' eh?

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 10:38
'Splott Dave' eh?

Once of this parish. Been on a sabbatical. Was given a free transfer to Twitter.

TH63
01-08-16, 11:19
All that Brexit has done, is put right an injustice, which the older members on this board will remember took place in 1975, when we were denied an opportunity as an electorate to have a vote on closer union politically with the EU. That vote has now taken place, with a turnout higher than that of many General Elections and (1) a clear mandate from the electorate for Britain to detach itself from ever closer union with an (2) un-elected, unaccountable body. It doesn't mean we are not Europeans, or that we cannot continue with perfectly sensible security and (3) trading relations with other countries in Europe.

1. A clear mandate based on Lies
2. The UK has 73 MEP's elected by and accountable to, the British public.
3. Trading relations that will mean us having to agree to similar regulations that we do now.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 11:32
3. Trading relations that will mean us having to agree to similar regulations that we do now.

I can only speak for myself. I voted for Brexit and was not interested, not remotely interested, in the campaigns from either side of the arguments. If you check the history the British public were never consulted about any form of political union, when PM Edward Heath lied to the public that inclusion would only mean benefits as far as trade was concerned. He knew all along that the eventual plan was to have a political union that would subsume British political decision making. The MEP's do not formulate any form of political policies as far as the EU is concerned. These are all formulated by unelected officials, afterwards they are presented to the MEP's. Re trading relations, Europe is lagging behind other regions in the world that we are excluded from, by being handicapped as part of a single trading block that increasingly wants to exert political power and influence on those regions.

Organ Morgan.
01-08-16, 15:40

It used to be just alleged conspiracy nuts who maintained the EU was a CIA concept from long before it came into existence. It's been a provable fact since the turn of century when official US government documents came to public light. I didn't hear it mentioned during the referendum campaign by anyone, not even Farage who's pretty fearless who had no qualms stating Turkey is an ally of ISIS.

Speaking of which, I'd bet my last leek that the CIA created ISIS too, their Mark II Al Qaeda.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 15:46
It used to be just alleged conspiracy nuts who maintained the EU was a CIA concept from long before it came into existence. It's been a provable fact since the turn of century when official US government documents came to public light. I didn't hear it mentioned during the referendum campaign by anyone, not even Farage who's pretty fearless who had no qualms stating Turkey is an ally of ISIS.

Speaking of which, I'd bet my last leek that the CIA created ISIS too, their Mark II Al Qaeda.

ISIS has always been a joint Mossad/CIA production with Turkey taking the risk of extracting the oil from northern Syria by trucking it out, and State Dept, then under Hilary, organising weapon supplies. https://uprootedpalestinians.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/clintons-hacked-e-mails-include-info-on-arming-and-shipping-weapons-to-jihadis/

BlueWales
01-08-16, 16:09
David Splott ? Your arguements are half truths and bollux like all the Brexit nerds.

Croesy Blue
01-08-16, 16:11
David Splott ? Your arguements are half truths and bollux like all the Brexit nerds.

Can over to have a look to see if I was missing anything insightful.

Glad to see I'm not.

Rjk
01-08-16, 16:13

Any links?

BlueWales
01-08-16, 16:17
Can over to have a look to see if I was missing anything insightful.

Glad to see I'm not.

You wouldn't know insight if it bit you on your arse.

I think you meant " came " not " can " btw. Perhaps you've had a few too many cans already ?:hehe:

Croesy Blue
01-08-16, 16:21
A man who uses the spelling "bollux" and the phrase "BREXIT nerds" laughing at an autocorrect phone error.

Good to see the politics forum is alive and well.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 16:31
Which arguments are you referring to BW?

goslow
01-08-16, 16:37
ISIS has always been a joint Mossad/CIA production with Turkey taking the risk of extracting the oil from northern Syria by trucking it out, and State Dept, then under Hilary, organising weapon supplies. https://uprootedpalestinians.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/clintons-hacked-e-mails-include-info-on-arming-and-shipping-weapons-to-jihadis/

That didnt take long :hehe:

Organ Morgan.
01-08-16, 16:49
Any links?

From April 2016 - The European Union always was a CIA project, as Brexiteers discover http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexiteers-discov/

From September 2000 - Euro-federalists financed by US spy chiefs http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/1356047/Euro-federalists-financed-by-US-spy-chiefs.html

As I intimated, the above info has been in the public domain for a long time and yet very few people know and fewer care to highlight it.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 16:50

It's all so well documented and known about now. It was in reply to Organ's post.

Mrs Steve R
01-08-16, 16:55
:hide:

goslow
01-08-16, 17:06
:hide:

He'll be banned(again) before he bores everyone to tears :thumbup:

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 17:13

Your non-contributions are as welcome as they ever were goslow. So much more refreshing than dealing with someone who actually wants to engage on issues.

Mrs Steve R
01-08-16, 17:18
Well you and I have had a slight shift in views and understand each other a little better now, maybe the same will happen with you and him? :hehe: maybe we will get a pole shift too :hehe:

goslow
01-08-16, 17:29
Your non-contributions are as welcome as they ever were goslow. So much more refreshing than dealing with someone who actually wants to engage on issues.

Spamming the mb with pro pally propoganda and lies isnt debating.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 17:40
Well you and I have had a slight shift in views and understand each other a little better now, maybe the same will happen with you and him? :hehe: maybe we will get a pole shift too :hehe:

I would be devastated if I thought for one moment that I had been the cause of goslow being bored. In an effort to ensure that he doesn't have to be concerned about potentially impending periods of boredom, I have restricted the amount of internet that can be exposed to him. This message is hidden because goslow is on your ignore list.

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 19:24

Us Corbynista's are like an unkempt army of Che Guevaras according to mainstream media. The more popular that Corbyn gets the more un-electable that he is portrayed, while at the same time they're screaming like shrill banshees that he represents an existential threat to our very way of life.

:hehe:

Tall Midget
01-08-16, 21:38
Well you and I have had a slight shift in views and understand each other a little better now

Good to know this can happen in the fullness of time, albeit a process that requires long suffering and compromise.....

Mrs Steve R
01-08-16, 21:52
I would be devastated if I thought for one moment that I had been the cause of goslow being bored. In an effort to ensure that he doesn't have to be concerned about potentially impending periods of boredom, I have restricted the amount of internet that can be exposed to him. This message is hidden because goslow is on your ignore list.
I'm not getting involved :hehe: you two can carry on arguing like old times if you like but as I recall it didn't get you any closer to understanding each other, at least try and talk a bit :biggrin:

Us Corbynista's are like an unkempt army of Che Guevaras according to mainstream media. The more popular that Corbyn gets the more un-electable that he is portrayed, while at the same time they're screaming like shrill banshees that he represents an existential threat to our very way of life.

:hehe:
That's what I'm worried about :hehe:

Mrs Steve R
01-08-16, 22:07
Good to know this can happen in the fullness of time, albeit a process that requires long suffering and compromise.....
There was no suffering involved, I can't speak for goslow though :hehe:

Splott Dave
01-08-16, 22:07
I'm not getting involved :hehe: you two can carry on arguing like old times if you like but as I recall it didn't get you any closer to understanding each other, at least try and talk a bit :biggrin:

That's what I'm worried about :hehe:

Just throw yourself through every open door....:hehe:

Mrs Steve R
01-08-16, 22:09
Just throw yourself through every open door....:hehe:
I don't know what you mean? :hehe: