PDA

View Full Version : Pilkington. If the rumour of him going has any truth in it, does this suggest otherwise?

BLUEAWAY
18-07-16, 07:55
Anthony Pilkington: Cardiff City will be 'up there' in promotion race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36820262

the other bob wilson
18-07-16, 08:17
Pilkington is one of many first team squad members whose contract is up at the end of the coming season. Hopefully, City will be looking to renew contracts now for those who they want to keep. but with parachute money dropping, FFP regulations to stick to and attendances falling, it's not too outlandish to imagine that they might not be able to offer as attractive a deal to someone like Pilkington second time around. I'm guessing that if a player is sold for millions in the coming weeks a choice will need to made as to what takes priority - using some of the receipts to bring new players in or trying to negotiate acceptable new deals for some of those already at the club.

BLUEAWAY
18-07-16, 12:20
What would you value Pilkington at?

Rjk
18-07-16, 13:04
£2.5m?

life on mars
18-07-16, 13:23
£2.5m?

3 Million at least plus his wages , would be a savings as he was brought in under the OGS spend anything era, he's a good player, versatile , committed, skillful , good attitude ,hard to get those criteria, these days

Rjk
18-07-16, 13:38
3 Million at least plus his wages , would be a savings as he was brought in under the OGS spend anything era, he's a good player, versatile , committed, skillful , good attitude ,hard to get those criteria, these days

I'd be very surprised if we got over 3m for him.
We paid 1 million for him when he's been playing in the premier league.
Now hes shown himself to be a good but not spectacular championship player and is in the last year of his contract.

the other bob wilson
18-07-16, 13:53
I couldn't see us getting more than £1 million for him with less than a year left on his contract.

Steve R
18-07-16, 19:36
£2.5m?

:hehe: