PDA

View Full Version : 2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

The Bloop
20-07-16, 18:46
Seems fair (as long as they dont sell more memberships then tickets)

http:// www.faw.cymru/en/news/world-cup-qualifying-tournament-tickets/

On sale to the most loyal fans from tomorrow.

Zenith
20-07-16, 18:48
To be fair, like many others I didn't purchase my membership before the tournament as I didn't know they were on sale!

There we are then, that's fecked me

CCFC_Urawa_Reds
20-07-16, 19:04
How about away tickets?

Barry Shitpeas
20-07-16, 19:34
This is actually a bit shit. I had a 2016 tournament ticket and 2016 gold membership but I had no idea that 2018 memberships were on sale until last week.
But some one that didn't have any previous memberships or tornanent tickets but bought a £10 gold membership in June gets priority.

Mario Miethig
20-07-16, 19:57
The criteria is shocking! I've bought these memberships ever since the FAW started using them, but because I didn't renew till a few weeks back, I find myself in the stage 4 criteria. Basically a person who's never been to a Wales game can get a membership and have as much chance of getting a ticket as me.

cityviking
20-07-16, 20:06
This is awful, I have had season tickets and memberships for the last 2 qualifying groups and probably before that(cant remember if I bought season tickets before that or single games for Euro 2012 qualifiers). Had tickets for all 6 games in France but because I did not know membership was on sale until I stumbled across it whilst looking for tickets news on the FAW site a couple of weeks ago (at which point I bought one).

Effectively in the same boat as Mario where any Johnny come lately who bought a new membership before 9th June but has never been to any Wales game ever before jumps in front of me. I will be firing off a complaint email to the FAW shortly.
Did anyone else get any publicity regarding the new memberships?

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Pearcey3
20-07-16, 20:06
A little surprised by this. We purchased the half Euro 16 tournament tickets and went to the Bosnia game too but only bought membership for the World Cup qualifiers last week so are unlikely to get tickets. Oh well.I had hoped previous attendance prior to the finals may have counted for more.

PontBlue
20-07-16, 20:11
I think the info is very badly written. I think the criteria is:

Stage 1 - 2016 and 2018 Membership and 2016 tournament ticket
Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder
Stage 3 - 2016 and 2018 membership
Stage 4 - 2018 membership only

Stage 2 is confusing people because they didn't need to include the membership details for this stage.

Pearcey3
20-07-16, 20:15
Does stage 2 include those who bought the half Euro 2016 tournament tickets?

cityviking
20-07-16, 20:17

Stage 2 is confusing people because they didn't need to include the membership details for this stage.

Stage 2 details: 2018 World Cup Gold or Junior Member (where membership was purchased/renewed before 23:59 on 9 June 2016), + Euro 2016 Gold or Junior Membership OR Euro 2016 Tournament Ticket assigned to their account. Maximum 1 ticket per eligible member during this stage, maximum 10 tickets in total (with 10 valid memberships on the booking). Tickets on sale from 10am on Wednesday 27th July until 5pm on Tuesday 2 August.

Basically having a world cup membership purchased before 9th June is rated higher than having any euros and qualifying tickets, what a piss take.

Barry Shitpeas
20-07-16, 20:19

I really hope you're right, otherwise the FAW have made a big cock up.

PontBlue
20-07-16, 20:21
Note the capitalised and underlined OR. I've just re-read the stages. Here's an updated table:

Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder OR 2016 & 2018 membership
Stage 3 - 2018 membership only bought before 9th June
Stage 4 - 2018 membership only bought after 9th June

Seems fair apart from the first stage getting 2 tickets. Hopefully all those eligible under stage 1,2 or 3 will get tickets as the FAW should know numbers eligible and know the capacity of CCS minus away fans and corporate freeloaders.

PontBlue
20-07-16, 20:24
It's a pity that people who bought individual tickets for the previous tournament couldn't have been rewarded.

cityviking
20-07-16, 20:24
Note the capitalised and underlined OR. I've just re-read the stages. Here's an updated table:

Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder OR 2016 & 2018 membership
Stage 3 - 2018 membership only bought before 9th June
Stage 4 - 2018 membership only bought after 9th June

Seems fair apart from the first stage getting 2 tickets. Hopefully all those eligible under stage 1,2 or 3 will get tickets.

I hope you are right mate but this is not the case based on the way it is written Stage 2 is you HAVE to have a WC membership bought 9th June or before plus EITHER a Euros membership or ticket.

PontBlue
20-07-16, 20:27
I really hope you're right, otherwise the FAW have made a big cock up.
If it isn't then the FAW have shit on previous tournament ticket holders as they aren't eligible in stage 3 or 4.

cityviking
20-07-16, 20:34
What really pisses me off is the lack of publicity about the memberships - if I had known they were on sale I would have bought one straight away.

blueslippers
20-07-16, 20:36
If the number of current Gold members being mooted of 18000 is correct then surely everyone who currently has a WC membership should be OK (all be it they may not get the seat they want).
I am stage 2 & timing sucks as 27 July is first day of my Summer hols in Italy, but hey ho, guess I'll have go a bit easier on the spending money😂
Can understand loyal fans who fall in to stage 4 by not renewing membership by the 9th being pissed, but if the FAW were to freeze membership before there are not enough tickets to offer existing members, then the biggest moan you can have is u don't get the seat you want, in which case the FAW will have done OK imho!

Pearcey3
20-07-16, 20:36
Agreed. I only found out about this last week.

darran1927
20-07-16, 20:53
think the FAW should freeze membership sales when they can't guarantee all members a home ticket otherwise you will then have pissed off members who will have spent £10 for nothing

Pearcey3
20-07-16, 20:54
It's a good point Darran

blueslippers
20-07-16, 20:59
think the FAW should freeze membership sales when they can't guarantee all members a home ticket otherwise you will then have pissed off members who will have spent £10 for nothing

Agree with this as then, as I said above, very little to moan about. Would also be good publicity when they put remaining tickets on sale (I.e 'last 3000 tickets available go on sale' in the press etc)

cityviking
20-07-16, 21:11
https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/755827466766352384

People unhappy on twitter

cityviking
20-07-16, 21:12
Complaint email sent to FAW:

Dear Sir/Madam
I wish to complain about the criteria you have set for the purchase of tickets for the upcoming World cup qualification campaign, I have had season tickets and memberships for the last qualifying group and had tickets for all 6 games in France but because of your lack of publicity regarding the sale of memberships I did not know membership was on sale until I stumbled across it whilst looking for tickets news on the FAW site a couple of weeks ago (at which point I immediately bought one).

Effectively under the current criteria anyone who bought a new membership before 9th June but has never been to any Wales game ever before jumps the queue in front of me. I would like to complain about this and to strongly suggest you reconsider the criteria prior to starting the ticket sales. Furthermore I would like to suggest that in future you publicise both the sale and importance of memberships more widely.

billy.ronson
20-07-16, 21:33
Grrrrrr.............I had a season ticket for euros bought by my mate with his FAW membership number, I went to Bordeaux and Lyon but once again someone else bought them but I did get a membership before 9th June so technically I should be stage 1 but am now stage 3 !!

Baloo
20-07-16, 21:42
Had an email on 19th April from FAW stating World Cup Memberships were on sale. Happened to see it and renew shortly afterwards, but could just as easily have left it until after the Euros as there was no deadline given or suggestion there would be any kind of first-come first served process.

City123
20-07-16, 21:44
This is awful, I have had season tickets and memberships for the last 2 qualifying groups and probably before that(cant remember if I bought season tickets before that or single games for Euro 2012 qualifiers). Had tickets for all 6 games in France but because I did not know membership was on sale until I stumbled across it whilst looking for tickets news on the FAW site a couple of weeks ago (at which point I bought one).

Effectively in the same boat as Mario where any Johnny come lately who bought a new membership before 9th June but has never been to any Wales game ever before jumps in front of me. I will be firing off a complaint email to the FAW shortly.

I only found out after one of my neighbours told me

Des Parrot
20-07-16, 21:47
https://twitter.com/FAWales/status/755827466766352384

People unhappy on twitter

The suggestion on there for Euro tournament tickets to be renewed was the obvious & simplist.

cityviking
20-07-16, 22:04
The suggestion on there for Euro tournament tickets to be renewed was the obvious & simplist.

Agreed, but they couldn't just do the easy thing, clowns.

ccfcwelshlad
20-07-16, 22:21
Baffling.

Why not

1) 2016 membership, 2016 season ticket and 2018 membership.

2) 2016 membership or season ticket. Plus 2018 membership.

3) 2018 membership purchased prior to June.

4) 2018 membership purchased after start of Euro 2016.

I can understand they want to protect from new fans purchasing memberships over last few weeks, but surely this should only be when there's no history of previous transactions and therefore no proof of prior loyalty.

Zenith
20-07-16, 22:49
Baffling.

Why not

1) 2016 membership, 2016 season ticket and 2018 membership.

2) 2016 membership or season ticket. Plus 2018 membership.

3) 2018 membership purchased prior to June.

4) 2018 membership purchased after start of Euro 2016.

I can understand they want to protect from new fans purchasing memberships over last few weeks, but surely this should only be when there's no history of previous transactions and therefore no proof of prior loyalty.

That is common sense, but the FAW seeks to avoid it at all costs

Blue Tone
21-07-16, 07:00
If you were a member for the last Qualifying campaign (or possibly even on the FAW database) you would have had an email on the 19th April informing you that the new memberships for the WC 2018 qualifiers were available.

cityviking
21-07-16, 07:23
If you were a member for the last Qualifying campaign (or possibly even on the FAW database) you would have had an email on the 19th April informing you that the new memberships for the WC 2018 qualifiers were available.

Which mentioned nothing about the arbitrary 9th June deadline.

Arfur Europe
21-07-16, 07:25

Yes we did, but as others have pointed out above, there was no mention of a deadline or a criteria for applying. On 9th June a lot of us were already in France!!

the other bob wilson
21-07-16, 07:25

Not good enough - there should have been press and media releases to accompany it because that e-mail would have ended up in so many people's junk boxes.

There's no way I could afford an away trip or one to France this summer, but I had an FAW membership for the last three qualifying matches and also went along to the first two.

It seems like there are far more deserving cases than me who could miss out mind and it's such a shame that, after all the good publicity Welsh football has got on and off the pitch in the last six weeks that they have made such a mess here.

As it is, I was probably going to give these qualifying matches a miss because I've always deeply resented these increasingly common schemes where you have to pay someone to get the opportunity to buy something. I know it's only a tenner, but it's the principle that annoys me - I'll willingly pay the FAW for a ticket, but why should I have to give them more than the price printed on it?

Blue Tone
21-07-16, 07:52
Yes we did, but as others have pointed out above, there was no mention of a deadline or a criteria for applying. On 9th June a lot of us were already in France!!

Im not saying its right Arthur but some fans are saying they weren't aware of any renewal notice when there was an email.
And yes the FAW should have made it clear the importance of renewing before the Euros started but you mention on the 9th of June many were in France (like myself) but there were 7 weeks prior to that when fans could have renewed.

*** G L O V E S ***
21-07-16, 07:59
What really pisses me off is the lack of publicity about the memberships - if I had known they were on sale I would have bought one straight away.

^^

Just checked through my emails and I have nothing whatsoever. Apparently the message was sent out in April.

Either way, I wouldn't have purchased before the Euros. Might only be £10, but needed every last penny for France!

Tandy
21-07-16, 08:04
I had an email on April the 19th telling me about the Gold membership so I bought it straight away. It seems fair to me , can't see what more the FAW could have done.
Proper fans would know the score with the membership so should have been on the ball.:wales:

Sloop_Jon_Bee
21-07-16, 08:27
To be fair, like many others I didn't purchase my membership before the tournament as I didn't know they were on sale!

There we are then, that's fecked me

Same here in a way. I bought/renewed membership on 22 June. Was waiting for an e-mail to say memberships can be renewed on a certain date. I think I can apply at stage 2 as I had a tournament (Euro qualifiers) ticket. As I see it we had 14000 Gold members before the Euro 2016 started. If all of them (apart from me) renewed before June 9th then they could be entitled to buy 2 tickets each. Near 28 k gone already. What grips my pooh, is that somebody could have bought membership before June 9th and get tickets at stage 1 without having been to a game in previous qualifiers. Fingers x I get a ticket.
Spedger

Sloop_Jon_Bee
21-07-16, 08:29
The criteria is shocking! I've bought these memberships ever since the FAW started using them, but because I didn't renew till a few weeks back, I find myself in the stage 4 criteria. Basically a person who's never been to a Wales game can get a membership and have as much chance of getting a ticket as me.
If you had a 2016 tournament ticket you can get in at stage 2. That's how I read it. Good luck mate.
Spedger

Sloop_Jon_Bee
21-07-16, 08:31

Same here. I thought an e-mail would have been sent out.
Spedger

Baloo
21-07-16, 08:36
Same here. I thought an e-mail would have been sent out.
Spedger
I received an email in April.

cityviking
21-07-16, 09:17
Just been on the phone to the ticket office, they may be some changes upcoming to the stages, still no good to me though

cityviking
21-07-16, 09:38
lol despite supposedly being in stage 4 ive just logged in a bought 2 tickets:shrug::hehe:

Baloo
21-07-16, 10:31
lol despite supposedly being in stage 4 ive just logged in a bought 2 tickets:shrug::hehe:
This doesn't seem a huge surprise. In France we met a North Walian who hadn't attended any Wales games for the previous 2 qualification campaigns, but was awarded 2 tickets from the FAW allocation for all Wales' group games at the Finals after purchasing a £10 membership. We went to every Wales home qualifying game but had to get ours through the public ballot :shrug:

Btw, I know you've attended Wales games, was just pointing out the lack of distribution control.

Zenith
21-07-16, 10:46
Just bought as well, seemingly anyone with internet use can buy a ticket :hehe:

PontBlue
21-07-16, 10:49
I just bought a ticket as well despite not being eligible for stage 1. I had a tournament ticket last time out. One block in Canton already completely sold out.

Someone's cocked up on e-Ticketing.

Steve R
21-07-16, 10:57
Not good enough - there should have been press and media releases to accompany it because that e-mail would have ended up in so many people's junk boxes.

There's no way I could afford an away trip or one to France this summer, but I had an FAW membership for the last three qualifying matches and also went along to the first two.

It seems like there are far more deserving cases than me who could miss out mind and it's such a shame that, after all the good publicity Welsh football has got on and off the pitch in the last six weeks that they have made such a mess here.

As it is, I was probably going to give these qualifying matches a miss because I've always deeply resented these increasingly common schemes where you have to pay someone to get the opportunity to buy something. I know it's only a tenner, but it's the principle that annoys me - I'll willingly pay the FAW for a ticket, but why should I have to give them more than the price printed on it?

Hallelujah!! :thumbup:

PontBlue
21-07-16, 11:11
The 2018 membership was the first I bought because I didn't need one to buy a tournament ticket last time out. I can't understand why the FAW are insisting on everyone being a member. Surely the priority should be (for home games) Tournament ticket, member (for priority individual tickets) then general sale. That way those how pay the most up front get priority.

Colonel Cærdiffi
21-07-16, 11:18
I'll willingly pay the FAW for a ticket, but why should I have to give them more than the price printed on it?

I can provide a full and frank answer to your question. For a tenner.

Steve R
21-07-16, 11:18
The 2018 membership was the first I bought because I didn't need one to buy a tournament ticket last time out. I can't understand why the FAW are insisting on everyone being a member. Surely the priority should be (for home games) Tournament ticket, member (for priority individual tickets) then general sale. That way those how pay the most up front get priority.

The rules have now changed. Although from social media comments it now seems the eTicketing has been incorrectly set up.
Tickets are now on General Sale at 12.30 but apart from that it looks like they've been selling to all and sundry already.
Bit of a f*ck up really.

jnc90
21-07-16, 11:22
Major cock up! Thought I could get in and buy 4 tickets on my 1 membership and then the site crashed. Went back in and now I can't even buy the 2 tickets I should be entitled to by yesterdays awful criteria!

beef
21-07-16, 12:29
What a joke. Like e-ticketting back when we played Chelsea away in the cup. They sold 2 to everyone from the word go whether eligible or not. I missed out that day and am still annoyed. I se nothing changes

Steve R
21-07-16, 12:30
Ticketmaster selling them on General Sale now.

0844 248 1876

Steve R
21-07-16, 13:09
Ticketmaster selling them on General Sale now.

0844 248 1876

Changed yet again. They are now directing you to the CCFC Ticket Office.

Not going well so far. :wales:

CCFC_Urawa_Reds
21-07-16, 13:11
No they're not. Going by ticket membership dates only.

LordKenwyne
21-07-16, 13:13
People saying "the loyal fans would know and would have renewed before the 9th".

For a start, I received **** all email from the faw. Not one person I know received an email of any kind.

Let alone one that makes out the 9th is important.

When I did randomly go on to the ticketing site and I saw they were available, I renewed within 5 minutes.

Paying 10 quid for some meaningless membership before the 9th does not make you a good fan I'm afraid.

Some are saying "It is loyalty because they were sticking with the team whatever the result in the euros"

Get real. We could have been destroyed in the group stages and people would still be clambering to do it all again.

BrennanHuff
21-07-16, 13:46
People saying "the loyal fans would know and would have renewed before the 9th".

For a start, I received **** all email from the faw. Not one person I know received an email of any kind.

Let alone one that makes out the 9th is important.

When I did randomly go on to the ticketing site and I saw they were available, I renewed within 5 minutes.

Paying 10 quid for some meaningless membership before the 9th does not make you a good fan I'm afraid.

Some are saying "It is loyalty because they were sticking with the team whatever the result in the euros"

Get real. We could have been destroyed in the group stages and people would still be clambering to do it all again.

I didn't receive an email but I tend to look at the FAW website quite often. I'm online most days so it's just something I do.
I don't believe you have wasted £10 by purchasing the ticket late, if nothing else it should give you a lift when applying for the next Euro tickets.

Just out of interest, what makes any fan more of a fan than any other fan? Just because someone only started supporting Wales 2 months ago doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than you are right now. In fact, they bothered to look at the FAW website to see if there were tickets available... so... maybe they are bigger fans than people who expect tickets to fall into their laps because they've supported Wales for the past 5-10-15+ years?

I do think the FAW have dropped a ball here but there has to be a system or we have a situation like today where ANYONE can go online and order a ticket. Then it's 100% pot luck! Luckily not everyone knew about the mess up so tickets didn't sell out in the first 10 minutes.

Delbert
21-07-16, 13:48
Ticket qualification criteria have been changed on FAW website:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtickets-english/details/event.aspx?itemref=732

14:25 21st July 2016
Following an internal review on 21/07/2016, the criteria for stage 2 has been revised. As detailed above, there is now no requirement to have renewed membership for the 2018 World Cup campaign before 10th June.

LordKenwyne
21-07-16, 14:02
I didn't receive an email but I tend to look at the FAW website quite often. I'm online most days so it's just something I do.
I don't believe you have wasted £10 by purchasing the ticket late, if nothing else it should give you a lift when applying for the next Euro tickets.

Just out of interest, what makes any fan more of a fan than any other fan? Just because someone only started supporting Wales 2 months ago doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than you are right now. In fact, they bothered to look at the FAW website to see if there were tickets available... so... maybe they are bigger fans than people who expect tickets to fall into their laps because they've supported Wales for the past 5-10-15+ years?

I do think the FAW have dropped a ball here but there has to be a system or we have a situation like today where ANYONE can go online and order a ticket. Then it's 100% pot luck! Luckily not everyone knew about the mess up so tickets didn't sell out in the first 10 minutes.

I've got no issue with new fans getting tickets. If the rules are fair?. Why not allow euro tournament holders first dibs - Then the rest to new members. There would be enough to go around and we would have avoided this.

The £10 world cup membership is meaningless. And a way for them to make money. It should only matter for away games.

I had more important things on my mind at the time of the renewal. Like going to france four times. I never checked the faw site because I was on the euro portal morning noon and night.

I don't claim to be the most loyal fan. I've only had an account for 3 years.

I've got tournament tickets for the world cup qualifiers anyway.

The fact that they send out emails to some members and not others is what is annoying many.

the other bob wilson
21-07-16, 14:24
I can provide a full and frank answer to your question. For a tenner.

Sounds fair enough to me :thumbup:.

Barry Dragon
21-07-16, 14:44
How do they know if a euro ticket was assigned to an account? Did it have to be purchased through the FAW sale?

What about if you got them on the UEFA resale?

Barry Dragon
21-07-16, 14:47
Why have membership at all. Priority to those that made it to the Euros to support the team should be highest.

Baloo
21-07-16, 15:03
Ticket qualification criteria have been changed on FAW website:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtickets-english/details/event.aspx?itemref=732

14:25 21st July 2016
Following an internal review on 21/07/2016, the criteria for stage 2 has been revised. As detailed above, there is now no requirement to have renewed membership for the 2018 World Cup campaign before 10th June.
Will they be offering refunds to those who have already purchased membership :hehe:

BrennanHuff
21-07-16, 15:05
Why have membership at all. Priority to those that made it to the Euros to support the team should be highest.

100% disagree. I was there in France but it's just about bankrupt me. Some people can't afford to be as wild with their money as I am... in fact, I can't afford it either! The Euros was a bonus and should be treated that way.
Priority should be given to those who attended games regularly for the last 3 tournaments (more if it's recorded anywhere), then memberships, then anything else.

But the FAW had to do something to try and make it fair. They balls'd it up and have since changed their grading for pot 2 qualifying, which seems fair to me.

Baloo
21-07-16, 15:16
100% disagree. I was there in France but it's just about bankrupt me. Some people can't afford to be as wild with their money as I am... in fact, I can't afford it either! The Euros was a bonus and should be treated that way.
Priority should be given to those who attended games regularly for the last 3 tournaments (more if it's recorded anywhere), then memberships, then anything else.

But the FAW had to do something to try and make it fair. They balls'd it up and have since changed their grading for pot 2 qualifying, which seems fair to me.
It also assumes the ticket allocations for France were fair and consistent, which it seems was not always the case.

BrennanHuff
21-07-16, 15:18
It also assumes the ticket allocations for France were fair and consistent, which it seems was not always the case.

Yes, that too!

Steve R
21-07-16, 15:36
No they're not. Going by ticket membership dates only.

Stay on the line and speak to them. Thy're very accommodating. :hehe:

Bobby Dandruff
21-07-16, 15:39
Seems fair (as long as they dont sell more memberships then tickets)

http:// www.faw.cymru/en/news/world-cup-qualifying-tournament-tickets/

On sale to the most loyal fans from tomorrow.

Well my sixpeneth is:

I was a Euro 2016 member and went to nearly all the qualifiers (I didn't get tournament tickets but managed to go to all the games ;-)
I renewed my membership recently (not before June 9th but I do remember getting an email about it)
And I can't buy tickets yet as I just tried

:-(

City123
21-07-16, 15:57
What's happened?

Bobby Dandruff
21-07-16, 16:14
Stay on the line and speak to them. Thy're very accommodating. :hehe:

Both the CCFC and FAW lines are 'full' and you get cut off.

VERY professional.

beef
21-07-16, 16:54
Why are people still complaining about the allocation stages? It doesn't matter anyway, they've messed it up, anyone can just go on and order 2 tickets?

*** G L O V E S ***
21-07-16, 17:22
Why are people still complaining about the allocation stages? It doesn't matter anyway, they've messed it up, anyone can just go on and order 2 tickets?

Not anymore, apparently. That was just for the first few hours they were on sale this morning.

Pearcey3
21-07-16, 17:54
This is a shambles although I can least buy at stage 2

Steve R
21-07-16, 18:20
Both the CCFC and FAW lines are 'full' and you get cut off.

Surely not? :hehe:

Bobby Dandruff
22-07-16, 08:53
Surely not? :hehe:

Yes this really is a joke.

They seem to be rewarding people who were lucky enough to get Euro 2016 tournament tickets first.

I say lucky, as I applied as did my two sons and got none, and yet a mate applied and got 'follow my team' tickets.

What a joke.

:angry:

Barry Shitpeas
22-07-16, 09:07
Yes this really is a joke.

They seem to be rewarding people who were lucky enough to get Euro 2016 tournament tickets first.

I say lucky, as I applied as did my two sons and got none, and yet a mate applied and got 'follow my team' tickets.

What a joke.

:angry:

Tournament tickets were the season tickets for the home qualifiers, nothing to do with France.

Scarlet Blue
22-07-16, 09:53
like many on here really annoyed by FAW. Got 2018 membership. Had euro 2016 qualifiers tournament tickets went to away games including Cyprus and Andorra. Went to every game in France. Travelled over 5000 miles. enjoyed all this in the company of my son who came on my tickets. Now told I cant have tickets till next week and then only one. All because I missed an artificial deadline which I wasn't informed about. How to ruin the feelgood factor by the Welsh FA.

kendoddsdadsdogsdead
22-07-16, 16:11
Corky...Lucy. ..wtf is happening!
I was ill informed by Lucy back in March about the gold memberships

darran1927
22-07-16, 16:17
Someone on the other board is saying that he spoke to the FAW ticket office on the phone today and he said that anyone who bought a ticket when they weren't entitled to are going to be issued refunds and tickets won't be issued. Not sure if true :shrug:

Steve R
22-07-16, 16:37
Someone on the other board is saying that he spoke to the FAW ticket office on the phone today and he said that anyone who bought a ticket when they weren't entitled to are going to be issued refunds and tickets won't be issued. Not sure if true :shrug:

Crikey! :hehe:

Not content in upsetting all the fans entitled to a ticket they now go and piss the rest off by taking their tickets off them!!

In honesty that's probably the best thing to do to be fair.

Delbert
27-07-16, 09:47
Stage 2 sales up and running this morning.

BlueShire
27-07-16, 10:10
I can't assign a ticket to my mate who is also eligible from stage 2 today....anyone else having difficulty?

severncity
27-07-16, 10:53
Got mine 3 seats down from my City ST. Phew

Taunton Blue Genie
27-07-16, 11:29
I can't assign a ticket to my mate who is also eligible from stage 2 today....anyone else having difficulty?

Yes, I did. Try inputting his email address instead.

BlueShire
27-07-16, 12:24
Yes, I did. Try inputting his email address instead.

Thanks. I can find him as he's always been in my network its just when I click his name I get the error message saying....

Unfortunately, the client you have selected does not have the correct memberships to purchase this seat.

I think the guy I could allocate to was not actually eligible until stage 4!

I have a mix of stage 2 and stage 4 eligible in my group of 10. Is the best tactic now to wait until Stage 4 to buy all the tickets so we can guarantee seats next to each other or get as many in this stage and hope that the seats near us haven't sold out by stage 4?

Anyways, abandoned for today will try again later.

pastblu
27-07-16, 14:10
Went to club ticket office bought tournament ticket with valid membership for stage 2 no queuing took 10 mins

Pearcey3
27-07-16, 17:48
Not happy. Rang in today and was told I could buy a tournament ticket but my son couldn't. When I bought our half tournament tickets for the Euro qualifiers I apparently did my son's ticket in my name so they are refusing to allow him the points from those games.
So even though he went to four of the home qualifiers it counts for nothing.

Not pleased.

ianto73
27-07-16, 19:57
We are in a simular situation. I bought three tournamet tickets for myself and both young sons and now as they were in my name I am the only one able to buy tickets today even though my history shows that I have bought the three tournament tickets and were all members now . It seems that families are having this problem and it is very unfair. As tickets were easily available to buy for the last qualifiers there was no need to purchase a membership. As season ticket holders you don't buy a membership do you??? When explaining to the girl on the phone that I didnt buy the membership for the last campaign as we'd already got tickets for all the games so paying £10 to be a member would be a waste of money, she told me that it showed loyalty to the FAW???? 2 other families that I know of are in the same boat because they bought childrens tickets.

Pearcey3
27-07-16, 20:18
I am going to ring them again tomorrow. What they are saying is ridiculous. Why would you or I buy concession tickets over and above our own in the first place? Why should my son who was twelve at the time have to have the tickets in his own name? Absolutely nonsense.

Des Parrot
27-07-16, 21:15
Not happy. Rang in today and was told I could buy a tournament ticket but my son couldn't. When I bought our half tournament tickets for the Euro qualifiers I apparently did my son's ticket in my name so they are refusing to allow him the points from those games.
So even though he went to four of the home qualifiers it counts for nothing.

Not pleased.

Same here. I bought 6 tournament tickets plus other qualifying match tickets, 32 tickets in total, but because they were all in my name, I can only have a single ticket. I've now got to wait until stage 4 & hope I can get them all together (if at all!)

The Bloop
27-07-16, 21:22
We are in a simular situation. I bought three tournamet tickets for myself and both young sons and now as they were in my name I am the only one able to buy tickets today even though my history shows that I have bought the three tournament tickets and were all members now . It seems that families are having this problem and it is very unfair. As tickets were easily available to buy for the last qualifiers there was no need to purchase a membership. As season ticket holders you don't buy a membership do you??? When explaining to the girl on the phone that I didnt buy the membership for the last campaign as we'd already got tickets for all the games so paying £10 to be a member would be a waste of money, she told me that it showed loyalty to the FAW???? 2 other families that I know of are in the same boat because they bought childrens tickets.

I'm in the same boat. Had tournament tickets for the last campaign via my sons membership. Bought my membership in April but can't buy 2018 tickets. I've even got my ticket stub for a 1983/4 Home Internationals game at the Vetch. Why did I bother?

Seems unfair that you could show your 'loyalty' by having a tournament ticket last time without membership but it means nothing now.

Pearcey3
27-07-16, 21:26
What a joke. The FAW don't seem to value loyalty. What do they think you would be doing with those tournament tickets? Using all of them on yourself?
They have made one hell of a mess of this.
They have got a lot of stuff right but this has been shambolic.

Des Parrot
27-07-16, 21:57
What a joke. The FAW don't seem to value loyalty. What do they think you would be doing with those tournament tickets? Using all of them on yourself?
They have made one hell of a mess of this.
They have got a lot of stuff right but this has been shambolic.

The FAW have all of the booking history for the Euro tickets, their response is below. As I have only ever bought tickets under my name, there has been no need to have accounts for my sons. I've made sure they now have them now!

If you assigned tickets to your sons’ accounts at the time of purchasing the tickets then these will show up on their respective booking histories, unfortunately, if you did not do this then it cannot be done retrospectively.

All the best,

Matthew Evans
Ticketing and Membership Executive
Football Association of Wales

chris lee
27-07-16, 23:16
The FAW have all of the booking history for the Euro tickets, their response is below. As I have only ever bought tickets under my name, there has been no need to have accounts for my sons. I've made sure they now have them now!

If you assigned tickets to your sons’ accounts at the time of purchasing the tickets then these will show up on their respective booking histories, unfortunately, if you did not do this then it cannot be done retrospectively.

All the best,

Matthew Evans
Ticketing and Membership Executive
Football Association of Wales

To be fair there has to be a line drawn somewhere, I can understand your frustration, but if they let one person get away with it, then everyone will start re-assigning tickets bought years ago to all their mates.

Hopefully it just a lesson learnt for the future, its easy to assign someone online in purchases.

p.s.

Just purchased my tournament ticket, and there are thousands left! people in lower categories will be pleasantly surprised at the availability, so hopefully your son will be sorted, If you have to purchase in different area, FAW are usual good at moving the seats together at a later date.

Mario Miethig
28-07-16, 00:01
I know they had to draw the line somewhere, but to me it's amateurish how the FAW have done this. There was no mention of any deadline when the memberships went on sale, how is it that someone who was a gold member for the euros, gets to buy an extra ticket just because he or she renewed early? I'm in the same position as the likes of Pearcey, I bought my euro membership and tournament ticket for myself and my boy, who I never got membership for because I didn't need it. Tried to get tickets for us, but can only get my own. Will have to wait for stage 4.