PDA

View Full Version : St David's hall

Dr Lecter
27-07-16, 15:39
Does anyone know if it's an all seating venue or do they take out seats to make a standing area for certain bands?

I remember bouncing around in the mosh pit as a young 'un back in the day but haven't been there for music for about 25 years.

Anyone know?

cardiff55
27-07-16, 16:14
It's all seating. I never knew they took the front seats out in the past. The type of acts they get there would be all seating, all the big bands and gigs with standing room tend to go to the MOtorpoint.

Tall Midget
27-07-16, 16:17
It's all seating. I never knew they took the front seats out in the past. The type of acts they get there would be all seating, all the big bands and gigs with standing room tend to go to the MOtorpoint.

Totally off topic, I've seen concerts there with seats behind the stage...

Just saying like.....

El Gwapo
27-07-16, 18:13
Saw Morrissey there years ago and Im sure they removed the ground floor seats then but that was a good while ago. Dont know if they still do sorry

Steve R
27-07-16, 18:14
Does anyone know if it's an all seating venue or do they take out seats to make a standing area for certain bands?

I remember bouncing around in the mosh pit as a young 'un back in the day but haven't been there for music for about 25 years.

Anyone know?

There's no mosh pit for Engelbert Humperdinck mate.

Hope this helps.

Dr Lecter
27-07-16, 18:38
I'd rather listen to you playing oops upside your head tbh.

bobh
27-07-16, 19:09
When Brian Ferry played there, as soon as he took to the stage, half the audience ran down to the front and stood throughout.

Vimana.
27-07-16, 20:44
When Brian Ferry played there, as soon as he took to the stage, half the audience ran down to the front and stood throughout.

Was it a protest?

Vimana.
27-07-16, 20:47
Totally off topic, I've _seen_ concerts there with seats behind the stage...

Just saying like.....

Well done. Cant be easy :thumbup:

The Bloop
27-07-16, 21:33

Same thing happened when I saw The Fall at St Davids Hall about 25 years so.

kingbillyboy
27-07-16, 21:38
I had the misfortunate to see motley crue there. they were so crap everyone was throwing torch batteries at them. and they were stood up.

Dr Lecter
28-07-16, 10:44
I had the misfortunate to see motley crue there. they were so crap everyone was throwing torch batteries at them. and they were stood up.

Think I may well have been there. Probably one of my first ever gigs.

Would it have been about 1987?

I seem to remember it snowing - although I may well be mixing it up with a different time.

Charlie
28-07-16, 12:29
Think I may well have been there. Probably one of my first ever gigs.

Would it have been about 1987?

I seem to remember it snowing - although I may well be mixing it up with a different time.

Pretty sure its always had a roof, even in 87.

Dr Lecter
28-07-16, 12:51
Pretty sure its always had a roof, even in 87.

:hehe: