PDA

View Full Version : The trusty old Focus has to go.

Heathblue
27-08-16, 14:05
9.5 years, two starter motors, dual mass flywheel change, services, tyres and diesel, it was a good buy.
Fancy a change so the Newer Soupa Doupa Focus is not being considered!!! And will get something 2/3 years old. Toys required will be Sat Nav, BT, and Cruise Control with rear parking sensors a nice to have but not essential, I did manage to get a couple of hours in the Kia ceed last week which was a nice drive, my small dislike was, like most new cars the steering wheel seems a mile away from the front of the car with the seat positions not being high enough to see the front of the car.
Kia ceed, Hyundai I30 or Seat Leon looking the most likely replacement at the moment. Any of you have one of these motors and could give an honest unbiased account?,

I’m not a habitual car changer and thus resale value is of little interest, and for the Status Badge boys, Audi, BMW Merc etc. will not be considered, I spend as little time as possible in a car preferring public, cycle or feet transport on weekends with the car being limited to back and forth over the bridge Mon to Fri and the stress of the Celtic manor to Brynglas tunnels 17.00 pm traffic.

Glos Blue
27-08-16, 14:28
I have a '63 plate Kia Ceed Sportage, which is the estate version of the Ceed.

Pros:
Majority of 7 year warranty remaining
Excellent fuel economy
Quite pokey for a 1.6l engine
Good sized boot
BT, cruise control, rear parking sensors
£30pa road fund licence

Cons:
Very low at the front, speed humps need to be taken at a crawl
Significant road noise when travelling over 50 mph
No sat nav on my model but is available
Radio reception is quite poor

On the whole, a decent little motor and very cheap to run. I paid £10k for it in February.
Would definitely recommend!
Hope this helps

Heathblue
27-08-16, 15:58
I have a '63 plate Kia Ceed Sportage, which is the estate version of the Ceed.

Pros:
Majority of 7 year warranty remaining
Excellent fuel economy
Quite pokey for a 1.6l engine
Good sized boot
BT, cruise control, rear parking sensors
£30pa road fund licence

Cons:
Very low at the front, speed humps need to be taken at a crawl
Significant road noise when travelling over 50 mph
No sat nav on my model but is available
Radio reception is quite poor

On the whole, a decent little motor and very cheap to run. I paid £10k for it in February.
Would definitely recommend!
Hope this helps
Cheers

Badly Ironed Shirt
27-08-16, 18:01
9.5 years, two starter motors, dual mass flywheel change, services, tyres and diesel, it was a good buy.
Fancy a change so the Newer Soupa Doupa Focus is not being considered!!! And will get something 2/3 years old. Toys required will be Sat Nav, BT, and Cruise Control with rear parking sensors a nice to have but not essential, I did manage to get a couple of hours in the Kia ceed last week which was a nice drive, my small dislike was, like most new cars the steering wheel seems a mile away from the front of the car with the seat positions not being high enough to see the front of the car.
Kia ceed, Hyundai I30 or Seat Leon looking the most likely replacement at the moment. Any of you have one of these motors and could give an honest unbiased account?,

I’m not a habitual car changer and thus resale value is of little interest, and for the Status Badge boys, Audi, BMW Merc etc. will not be considered, I spend as little time as possible in a car preferring public, cycle or feet transport on weekends with the car being limited to back and forth over the bridge Mon to Fri and the stress of the Celtic manor to Brynglas tunnels 17.00 pm traffic.

I have a Hyundai i30. It's all right, get a decent mileage (Sheffield and back on £30). Not expecting it to last as long as my other cars, for some reason. I started off with a Fiat Punto - had that for 90,000 and 6 years. Then a VW Polo, had that for nearly 10 years and 130000 miles.

Jimmy the Jock
01-09-16, 13:22
Just had a white Nissan Juke back in Chris .1.5dci Acenta premium plus . Done 34k 3 years old .

Maybe ? You did mention them the other day in your list of cars.

Sat nav , diesel , reverse camera, multi function steering wheel.....and its WHITE....

Jimmy the Jock
01-09-16, 13:24
I have a Hyundai i30. It's all right, get a decent mileage (Sheffield and back on £30). Not expecting it to last as long as my other cars, for some reason. I started off with a Fiat Punto - had that for 90,000 and 6 years. Then a VW Polo, had that for nearly 10 years and 130000 miles.

It will easily out live your previous cars.

I should never miss another opportunity to mention my Audi A4 1.9tdi 2002 with 303000 miles and driving beautifully...