PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Deadline Day Thread...

Blue in the Face
29-08-16, 20:40
A thread to chat about transfer deals at Cardiff City and other clubs.

The window closes on August 31 at 11.30pm.

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-08-16, 22:53
I think it's terrific that all the posters who are desperate for football threads find the time to post in here and not the argument threads.

TH63
29-08-16, 23:00
I think it's terrific that all the posters who are desperate for football threads find the time to post in here and not the argument threads.

:hehe:

TH63
29-08-16, 23:01
Hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be a pretty quiet thread, honestly can't see us doing much business.

Colonel Cærdiffi
29-08-16, 23:02
Hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be a pretty quiet thread, honestly can't see us doing much business.

I dunno, maybe we'll sell a few more :hehe:

TH63
29-08-16, 23:06
I dunno, maybe we'll sell a few more :hehe:

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me tbh. Can't see us getting any money for Alf and Macheda though.
Not too worried about losing anyone good, we haven't got anyone good.

Blue in the Face
29-08-16, 23:36
:hehe:

Maybe a mod should change the title to "The threadbare transfer deadline day thread"

Hopefully this will pick up tomorrow.

Ring_Peace
30-08-16, 06:09
I really hope we sign a striker, but I'm not sure Poundland have any left in stock.

BLUETIT
30-08-16, 07:32
I really hope we sign a striker, but I'm not sure Poundland have any left in stock.

How much were they ? :hehe:

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 11:00
Patrick Bamford: Burnley sign Chelsea striker on loan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37206824

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 11:04
Two strikers CCFC have been heavily linked to in the past move to Championship clubs...

Nelson Oliveira: Norwich City sign striker from Benfica for undisclosed fee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37196212

Jonathan Kodjia: Aston Villa in advanced talks to sign Bristol City striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

Kitman
30-08-16, 11:07
I think contract termination by mutual agreement day thread would be more accurate.

Des Parrot
30-08-16, 11:11
Will Keane to Hull

LordKenwyne
30-08-16, 11:19
Can't see much happening.

End up having a banging headache following the same stories on sky.

Plus I dont like jim white.

CCFC CASUAL
30-08-16, 15:30
Tom Lawrence joins Ipswich on season long loan.

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 15:54
Tom Lawrence joins Ipswich on season long loan.

I would've liked him back here if we could've gotten a permanent deal. But I imagine a lot of our fans would get on his back if the signing didn't work out, so it's better for him he went elsewhere. He's a player who should be playing in the middle, not out wide. Hopefully Tom develops well this year for Wales' sake.

Keeping on the Welsh tip. Isgrove can also play no.10. He should be available.

BlueWales
30-08-16, 16:06
I couldn't give a ferk about all this hysteria any more. It's almost
more than flesh and blood can stand going to watch City ( though I still do )
without all this death by a 1000 cuts in the playing squad and we are supposed
to be grateful for some has been or hopeless player who will come to CCS and wave a
magic wand. I just don't care.

Ring_Peace
30-08-16, 16:13
I couldn't give a ferk about all this hysteria any more. It's almost
more than flesh and blood can stand going to watch City ( though I still do )
without all this death by a 1000 cuts in the playing squad and we are supposed
to be grateful for some has been or hopeless player who will come to CCS and wave a
magic wand. I just don't care.

I'm sensing a theme today with your posts BlueWales.

Please don't be afraid to ask for help if you are feeling down. There are many organisations and people that do care if you need someone to talk to.

All the best.

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 16:19
Thing is, we still have a lot of talent in our squad and our strength in depth is decent for Championship level. I just feel or squad is imbalanced. Not as good as the sum of our parts.

CCFC CASUAL
30-08-16, 16:23
Thing is, we still have a lot of talent in our squad and our strength in depth is decent for Championship level. I just feel or squad is imbalanced. Not as good as the sum of our parts.

I'm not sure you can say we have strength in depth anymore.
We are unbelievably short upfront and the goalkeeper position.
We have a lot of midfielders but wether or not they are strong in terms of quality that's debatable.

Cleve van Leef
30-08-16, 16:44
Wrong on both counts regarding quality and strength in depth, but right regarding imbalance.

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 16:57
Agree that we definitely must bring in a good keeper. This would take priority over an outfield player for me.

On the strikers thing, we can still consider Immers and Pilkington as part of available forwards, who have done very well in the past. Noone is still on our books, though I don't rate him, he is capable of winning matches, albeit once in a blue moon. I haven't written off Fred yet, seen some encouraging signs after a bad start. Lafferty looks like he's on his way. Hopefully he's much better than we expect.

Blue in the Face
30-08-16, 16:59
Arsenal: Lucas Perez joins Gunners from Deportivo La Coruna
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37223120

Villa signing Kodjia confirmed

Croesy Blue
30-08-16, 18:45
More like transfer breadline day for city

surge
30-08-16, 19:17
Two strikers CCFC have been heavily linked to in the past move to Championship clubs...

Nelson Oliveira: Norwich City sign striker from Benfica for undisclosed fee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37196212

Jonathan Kodjia: Aston Villa in advanced talks to sign Bristol City striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

Do Villa have the most expensive forward line in Championship history? You can add Jordan Ayew circa 8 million, Ross McCormack circa 12 million and Gestede circa 6 million, Kozak circa 6.5 million to their latest deal.

If there is a football God then Huddersfield will go up and Villa will miss out. Sorry James Chester but I can't see a team pay near 30million on three strikers for a Championship season and cheer them on.

Eric Cartman
30-08-16, 20:27

We would still somehow make them worth less than that after a few years in the reserves.

Barry Shitpeas
30-08-16, 20:35
SSN are reporting that spending in the Premier League alone during this transfer window has been more than £1 billion! That is just bloody obscene.

I'll give you the Malky!!
30-08-16, 21:45
In: Amos, Richards, Zahore, Gounongbe, Immers, Huws, Bennett
Out:Marshall, Lewis, Moore, Jones, Fabio, Macheda, Dickajoi, Malone, Turner, Doyle, Kiss
Loan: Saadi, LeFondre, Etiene, Adeyemi

Pretty succesful wage cutting exercise....payoffs notwithstanding.

Zenith
30-08-16, 23:46
Out:Marshall, Lewis, Moore, Jones, Fabio, Macheda, Dickajoi, Malone, Turner, Doyle, Kiss

Three goalkeepers out in one window is a new one on me!

the other bob wilson
31-08-16, 06:26
Three goalkeepers out in one window is a new one on me!

And all of them probably better than what we've got now.

the other bob wilson
31-08-16, 06:28

Trouble is you've got to include those pay offs and, provided the LeFondre to Wigan loan move goes ahead, I wonder how much our contribution towards his and Tom Adeyemi's wages this season will be?

Zenith
31-08-16, 09:19
Freddie Sears is the latest rumour, from Ipswich

life on mars
31-08-16, 09:45
A thread to chat about transfer deals at Cardiff City and other clubs.

The window closes on August 31 at 11.30pm.

track on this one its all news outlets

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Transfer+Talk/Top+Sources

Eric Cartman
31-08-16, 09:52
Quite frankly we can't compete with teams spending nearly 30 million on two players. When we won the league lots on here said that tan bought the title - looks a bit silly now.

I think we have a squad that can finish mid table and that will be fine.

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 09:55
track on this one its all news outlets

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Transfer+Talk/Top+Sources

That's a good one LoM. Cheers.

Does the loan window shut for lower league clubs as well today?

Disappointing none of our young 'uns have gone out on loan thus far...

City123
31-08-16, 10:43
That's a good one LoM. Cheers.

Does the loan window shut for lower league clubs as well today?

Disappointing none of our young 'uns have gone out on loan thus far...
They'll be the only players left at the club at this rate

LordKenwyne
31-08-16, 11:06
Leicester have gone full on mental. Bear in mind heis 28:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/31/islam-slimani-leicester-city-sporting-lisbon-club-record

Leicester have agreed a club record fee of €35m (£30m) with Sporting Lisbon for Islam Slimani and the Algeria striker is due to fly to England on Wednesday to complete a medical.

Live Transfer news: Tottenham start Sissoko talks, Wilshere, Brahimi and more – live!
Rolling report: Join Jacob Steinberg on the final day of the transfer window as Jack Wilshere heads for the exit at Arsenal while Shkodran Mustafi is set to arrive

Negotiations appeared to have reached an impasse when the Portuguese side insisted they would not sell their top scorer of last season for less than €40m. However, with Claudio Ranieri keen to add to his attacking options in readiness for their debut season in the Champions League, a compromise was reached on Tuesday night.

Zenith
31-08-16, 11:08
Hal Robson-Kanu looks no closer to signing for anyone today. He is still at the Wales camp currently, so unless he's signing for Cardiff or Swansea I can't see anything confirmed soon, free agents can sign for clubs at anytime - still true?

lardy
31-08-16, 11:13
Hal Robson-Kanu looks no closer to signing for anyone today. He is still at the Wales camp currently, so unless he's signing for Cardiff or Swansea I can't see anything confirmed soon, free agents can sign for clubs at anytime - still true?

I think this is true. And that might work in his favour as after the window SLAMS SHUT it becomes a seller's market. He'll have his pick of clubs who ballsed up their dealings.

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 12:30
I think this is true. And that might work in his favour as after the window SLAMS SHUT it becomes a seller's market. He'll have his pick of clubs who ballsed up their dealings.

True.

Wilfried Bony: Stoke City sign Man City striker on loan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37230375

Swansea sign Enner Valencia and Mawson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37231478

life on mars
31-08-16, 13:04

oooooooooh yes pleeeeeeeeeeease ,real poacher

life on mars
31-08-16, 13:07

cash is a factor , he'd play for grange quins, if they match his weekly dosh

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 13:15

Pace!

Where'd you hear this one?

life on mars
31-08-16, 13:19
Pace!

Where'd you hear this one?

Searing pace

gabbsthenewt
31-08-16, 14:05
**** stating Crystal Palace have alerted clubs to Frazier Campbell's availability for £500k or a loan, and other places reporting Palermo are in for Lafferty. Hope Trollope knows about Campbell and hope it's true Palace would let him go.

Taunton Blue Genie
31-08-16, 14:29
**** stating Crystal Palace have alerted clubs to Frazier Campbell's availability for £500k or a loan, and other places reporting Palermo are in for Lafferty. Hope Trollope knows about Campbell and hope it's true Palace would let him go.
Would he get any more supply than when he was last here though?

darran1927
31-08-16, 14:32

Would love him back but can't see it

Cleve van Leef
31-08-16, 14:45
Would he get any more supply than when he was last here though?

Less.

Des Parrot
31-08-16, 14:49
The season is seeping away, right here, right now. As many others have said most of the bargains have already gone.

Will there be inspiration, desperation or has Elvis left the building?

Jimmy the Jock
31-08-16, 14:51
Would love him back but can't see it

That would be a real bad move. I would rather persevere with what we have .

Campbell just runs around like a headless checken, a slightly more skillful Revel.

Jimmy the Jock
31-08-16, 14:53
The season is seeping away, right here, right now. As many others have said most of the bargains have already gone.

Will there be inspiration, desperation or has Elvis left the building?

It is going to be a season of stabilisation. Even I, the eternal optimist has succumbed to that fact.

Whisperer
31-08-16, 15:19
La Fondra gone to Wigan....thank feck

gabbsthenewt
31-08-16, 15:23

Campbell just runs around like a headless checken, a slightly more skillful Revel.

Erm

22 goals in 46 championship games in his career, not quite "just runs around like a headless chicken" - also hits the back of the net inbetween his runs.

kingbillyboy
31-08-16, 15:32
any word on kyle lafferty? i heard from a good source that he is in cardiff at the moment.

Des Parrot
31-08-16, 15:42
It is going to be a season of stabilisation. Even I, the eternal optimist has succumbed to that fact.

You're more optimistic than I am. I understand financial stabilisation. But it needs to be matched with quality & productivity stabilisation and right now I don't see that. The quality is getting worse as is the depth of the squad.

The pessimist in me is currently looking at a season long struggle to stay away from the bottom 3. My expectation at the start of the season was 8th~10th, I think 18th~20th is more realistic.

We're now shopping in Charity shops.

DubaiDai
31-08-16, 15:50

Not sure stabilisation is what we will achieve.
The owner and management deserve a relegation battle as they have been totally inept during this transfer window.
There have been plenty of opportunities but we have not been linked with any.
If we are now relying on what we have got it will be a long miserable winter.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
31-08-16, 15:50
Agree that we definitely must bring in a good keeper. This would take priority over an outfield player for me.

On the strikers thing, we can still consider Immers and Pilkington as part of available forwards, who have done very well in the past. Noone is still on our books, though I don't rate him, he is capable of winning matches, albeit once in a blue moon. I haven't written off Fred yet, seen some encouraging signs after a bad start. Lafferty looks like he's on his way. Hopefully he's much better than we expect.
I have to disagree with you here buddy. He has been poor so far, and was dire in his last game against Reading.
Spedger

jnc90
31-08-16, 15:52

His goals got us over the line when we won the league, great striking rate in the Championship but not quite good enough for the Prem, a modern day Earnshaw. I can't think of another striker we could realistically get that I would rather have at the club. Guaranteed goals if he gets even half decent service.

qccfc
31-08-16, 15:54
His goals got us over the line when we won the league, great striking rate in the Championship but not quite good enough for the Prem, a modern day Earnshaw. I can't think of another striker we could realistically get that I would rather have at the club. Guaranteed goals if he gets even half decent service.

I dont think we can realistically get Campbell, his wages will take us out of the reckoning, and there are more attractive prospects in this division at the moment.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
31-08-16, 15:54

I would take him. Works hard and has pace.
Spdger

lardy
31-08-16, 15:56
Wilshere to Bournemouth. Hilarious for the Shit Aaron Ramsey.

lardy
31-08-16, 16:03
HRK to West Brom? If so, he's done well

ccfcwelshlad
31-08-16, 16:10
HRK to West Brom? If so, he's done well

Maybe that will release a WBA striker to come to us......

thehumblegringo
31-08-16, 16:18
I can't even look forward to delinquents shouting fvck her in the pussy on sky sports to comfort me

Former Labour leader
31-08-16, 16:18

What are you suggesting....Ricky.....cant get my words out in shock!

Ainsley Harriott
31-08-16, 16:27

Lambert would be a fantastic signing. Anichebe & Sessegnon both still free agents too after leaving WBA earlier this summer.

I'd have any of the 3 here.

Llanedeyrnblue
31-08-16, 17:18
I wonder if we'll see a Sky reporter outside the CCS tonight on their Deadline Day programme? I doubt it.

Llanedeyrnblue
31-08-16, 17:22
I would take him. Works hard and has pace.
Spdger

THIS^^^

Dénia Bluebird
31-08-16, 17:37
True.

Wilfried Bony: Stoke City sign Man City striker on loan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37230375

Swansea sign Enner Valencia and Mawson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37231478

Our silence is friggin deafening!

ccfcwelshlad
31-08-16, 17:46
Potentially another 2 on top of Lambert still to come, 1 seemed dead in the water but reading through the lines could be back on. Other is a keeper (not got a name though).

BLUETIT
31-08-16, 17:50
Potentially another 2 on top of Lambert still to come, 1 seemed dead in the water but reading through the lines could be back on. Other is a keeper (not got a name though).

Johnie Durex, he'll stop any shot. :hehe: (97% of the time anyway) :hehe:

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 18:08
Pretty sure we almost signed this guy for a nominal fee when we were in the Prem...
Islam Slimani: Leicester City set to sign Sporting Lisbon forward - a fee of £29m
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37217072

Rickie Lambert to us is official...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37237945

surge
31-08-16, 18:09
We have had, according to my rough count, 6 disappointing transfer windows in a row so small but definite improvements in this one would be something.

Frazier Campbell on loan would be a good signing at this point.

surge
31-08-16, 18:11
Pretty sure we almost signed this guy for a nominal fee when we were in the Prem...
Islam Slimani: Leicester City set to sign Sporting Lisbon forward - a fee of £29m

Official in that the headline is "set to sign"?

Considering Everton are sniffing around Valencia, the player you previously described as signed by Swansea, perhaps a less definite phrase until he's actually our player.

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 18:19
We have had, according to my rough count, 6 disappointing transfer windows in a row so small but definite improvements in this one would be something.

Frazier Campbell on loan would be a good signing at this point.

I don't imagine many would agree with me here, but I wouldn't go for Frazier at this point. Can't imagine there's much left in the budget to spend on players. If possible, we need a keeper and someone who plays deeper than Campbell. Unless we adapted the way we use Pilkington and play him deeper and drop one of Ralls-Whitts-Gunnar (or drop two when Emyr is up and running).

Llanedeyrnblue
31-08-16, 18:33

Set to sign:shrug:

PontBlue
31-08-16, 19:27
I have no faith in the club signing anyone (although I'm not about to make any Gary Lineker style forfeit pledges!). Tan is now asset stripping to reclaim as much of his outlay as possible.

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 19:32
I have no faith in the club signing anyone (although I'm not about to make any Gary Lineker style forfeit pledges!). Tan is now asset stripping to reclaim as much of his outlay as possible.

I don't think it's fair to complain of asset stripping if you're not prepared to strip to your assets

Blue in the Face
31-08-16, 19:36
Burnley have completed a club record £10.5m deal to sign Republic of Ireland midfielder Jeff Hendrick from Derby.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37230194

Brilliant player. Guess this will go some way toward Derby balancing the books.

PontBlue
31-08-16, 20:13
There's some decent out of contract strikers who we can still sign http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

I wouldn't mind Maiga or Anichebe if no one signs them tonight

ccfcwelshlad
31-08-16, 20:16
Bristol bid £5m for Joe Mason. Wolves have rejected it. No way is he worth £5m but everytime we sell someone they seem to go for even more money in their next move.

Marshall probably be sold for £10m after Hull get relegated.

surge
31-08-16, 20:20
Bristol bid £5m for Joe Mason. Wolves have rejected it. No way is he worth £5m but everytime we sell someone they seem to go for even more money in their next move.

Are you questioning smooth talking Dalman?

CCFC CASUAL
31-08-16, 20:21

Transfer fees have inflated this summer. They got 14m for Kodja so selling clubs know they got money to spend.

Zenith
31-08-16, 21:02
Spurs have matched Everton's bid for Sissoko

Blue in the Face
02-09-16, 15:43

LeAdrr

:ayatollah: