PDA

View Full Version : England

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 17:40
Fecking dreadful again

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 17:42
Floated crosses into the box! None of these players do this for their club teams so why have we seen about 20 aimlessly crosses in the last 5 minutes?

Kiffa
04-09-16, 17:43
Very unimaginative and little willingness to take a risk. But the. What do you expect when your manager says he'd be happy with a draw before the game

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 17:47
Walcott has never been great but he's gone backwards. terrible.

Clive Tyldesley is the biggest wanker on TV. His pathetic excuse laden commentary borders on embarrassing

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 17:48
And the new golden boy Eric Dier has been shit

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 17:55
Happy days. Paint over the cracks for another 2 years then another inquest

tigerbaybluebird
04-09-16, 17:56
Lucky bastards!

Commentary is shit

Here we go , tomorrows headlines " England the magnificent world beaters"

the other bob wilson
04-09-16, 17:57
Nice of the ref to keep play going until England scored.

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:00
to be fair to Lallana he was the player who looked like he had something about him

Vimana.
04-09-16, 18:01
Joking aside, it is incredible just how woefully out-of-form England have become.
They have never been quite up to the expectations laid upon them, but they used to be a team that was 'in with a chance'.

It appears, still picking players on some kind of imagined 'reverence list' rather than on actual form.

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:01
"lucky general? who knows."

**** off Tyldesley you gormless deluded twat

Baloo
04-09-16, 18:02
They were always going to score once this thread was started.

Elysium
04-09-16, 18:02
Nice of the ref to keep play going until England scored.

I dislike England as much as the next man but that is a totally disingenuous comment. You patently missed the delay in Play as soon as injury time started.

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:03
They were always going to score once this thread was started.

That goal doesn't change anything

jon1959
04-09-16, 18:04
Clive Tyldesley and Glenn Hoddle - what a pair of one-eyed clowns.

Harsh on Slovakia, but good to see that Filip Kiss can still tackle (or is that kick with menaces?) an opponent.

The back pages are going to be hell.

Alex!
04-09-16, 18:04
Its coming home lads

Bluebird since 1948
04-09-16, 18:05
Only positives from that was that perseverance paid off and on the balance of play they deserved it. Very little urgency though and Tyldesly can **** off and never poison my ear drums again.

Horrible commentary throughout.

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:05
Its coming home lads

:hehe:

The plane from Russia after the group stages

MacAdder
04-09-16, 18:06
Watched the cricket as I could not face watching and listening to England football.
Just seen the FS...jammy bast@rds did just as they did against us by the look of things.

But hey fear not, the media will do their usual and build them up until ultimate failure. Just sit back and let it all unfold

Baloo
04-09-16, 18:09
Its coming home lads
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnapan

:thumbup:

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:10
Only positives from that was that perseverance paid off and on the balance of play they deserved it. Very little urgency though and Tyldesly can **** off and never poison my ear drums again.

Horrible commentary throughout.

It is the most bizarre mish mash of football I have ever witnessed.
They feign a patient build up with Dier and Rooney passing sideways and backwards for the sake of it trying to pretend they can keep the ball like the continental nations.

In that time they don't open any doors so they just float the ball into the box and hope someone gets on the end of it.

Alex!
04-09-16, 18:10

The plane from Russia after the group stages

Probably. Eh, I'm over whether we'll ever win anything now. Thank God for test match cricket instead.

Vimana.
04-09-16, 18:12
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnapan

thehumblegringo
04-09-16, 18:12
you (and us) are fairly good at that. (and we'd be even better if it was on wheels - we're unbeatable on wheels!)

Rocco Siffredi
04-09-16, 18:17
Skrtel must have had a huge bet on him getting a red card , he was lucky to stay on that long

Rhiw-Blue
04-09-16, 18:19
Watched the cricket as I could not face watching and listening to England football.
Just seen the FS...jammy bast@rds did just as they did against us by the look of things.

But hey fear not, the media will do their usual and build them up until ultimate failure. Just sit back and let it all unfold

Correct.

Dominate from start to finish and justice prevailed at the end :thumbup:

the other bob wilson
04-09-16, 18:19
I dislike England as much as the next man but that is a totally disingenuous comment. You patently missed the delay in Play as soon as injury time started.

Right, okay.

Baloo
04-09-16, 18:21
Correct.

Aye, top of the group :thumbup:

the other bob wilson
04-09-16, 18:21
Skrtel must have had a huge bet on him getting a red card , he was lucky to stay on that long

I didn't watch the post match discussion, I presume Skrtel was given the England Man of the Match award?

CCFC CASUAL
04-09-16, 18:30
Perseverance paid off in the end. I think they deserved the 3 points.

Kane out of sorts though.

MacAdder
04-09-16, 18:58
I didn't watch the post match discussion, I presume Skrtel was given the England Man of the Match award?

Bob... what are you insinuating?
Next it'll be referees only see what they are told to see!

Cyclops
04-09-16, 19:03
Skrtel is plainly insane.
He was lucky not to be sent off in the Euros against England for GBH.
Today he clearly and knowingly stamped on Kane - and seemed bemused that he got a red.
Insane!

CCFC CASUAL
04-09-16, 19:07
Today he clearly and knowingly stamped on Kane - and seemed bemused that he got a red.
Insane!

Should have got a 2nd yellow first half but the ref bottled it then the one he did get sent off for was worthy of a straight red.

DubaiDai
04-09-16, 19:14
Insane!

I am sure you are referring to the Wales match.?
He elbowed (Joe Allen I think) right in front of the third referee and also nearly crippled Williams with a dangerous tackle.
If you watch him at corners, he invented holding and pushing and got away with it for years.

Cyclops
04-09-16, 19:26
He elbowed (Joe Allen I think) right in front of the third referee and also nearly crippled Williams with a dangerous tackle.
If you watch him at corners, he invented holding and pushing and got away with it for years.

You may well be right - but he was the same against England.
He made my blood boil!
It was almost as though he was taking his frustrations out on Britain after his Liverpool experience.
Nasty, nasty player

Pearcey3
04-09-16, 19:34

Yes it was against us and Skrtel should have walked and we should have had a first half pen when he took out Allen.

City123
04-09-16, 19:37
I wouldn't call passing sideways against 10 men before lumping the ball forward in the last 10 minutes a "deserved win" to be honest

Slovakia had England under control until Skrtel decided to assault Kane

surge
04-09-16, 20:16
A lot of talk about having to change to zonal marking but there is a side of football represented by Skirtel versus Costa which, as long as they're both willing to go toe to toe, is marvelous entertainment. Skirtel is generally a liability, however, and should be sent off almost every match.

I don't watch England (struggle even to watch England and Wales in cricket these days as the W is so often forgotten) however it could be a 95th minute winner for us tomorrow and I hope that despite our wonderful summer we can remember it started with shaky in Andorra so should keep behind the team until the end. We haven't yet become football big boys and need everyone pulling in the same direction to succeed.

MacAdder
04-09-16, 20:20
Correct.

Uh oh!.... deluded England fan alert!!
"Justice"....Clive Tyldesley use this again did he?

Actually can't accurately comment as I couldn't be bothered watching.

Just wondering though, you must've hated this board throughout June (minus one day of course)?

Heathblue
04-09-16, 20:27
1-0 nil three points, i'd settle for that now regarding tomorrows game.