PDA

View Full Version : Did Whittingham mean this?

Michael Morris
11-09-16, 17:25
40 yard cross field pass

Michael Morris
11-09-16, 17:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6UWp-FN4w

Colonel Cærdiffi
11-09-16, 17:27
Can't believe you'd even question it for a second.

CCFC CASUAL
11-09-16, 17:30
Wow. Just wow.

Phill Stants brother
11-09-16, 17:37
He does what he wants Michael, of course he meant it. No coincidence we nearly got back into the match when he came on either.

jamieccfc
11-09-16, 17:40
Why isn't the title called Whittingham amazing pass!

Colonel Cærdiffi
11-09-16, 17:44
cook pass babtridge

Ring_Peace
11-09-16, 17:49
Sliced it. He was going for the Ninian clock via a wormhole. :hehe:

jon1959
11-09-16, 18:39
Hudson would have scored!

the other bob wilson
12-09-16, 05:37
Of course he meant it, Whitts has always been capable of that and I always say the volleyed pass he hit against Coventry to provide Jay Bothroyd's first ever goal for us was probably the best ball I've ever seen from a Cardiff player.

However, I've just been watching the extended highlights of the Norwich game on the club website and the next time Whittingham features after that pass, he's being beaten far too easily by one of the Murphy twins in our right back area and that's the dilemma any City manager of the last few seasons has with him. They all feel he has to play deeper these days (and as they see him in training every day and have access to all sorts of data which helps them make their decision, I'm prepared to trust them on their judgment on this matter), but that means we have someone who is a bit of a liability defensively playing just in front of our centrebacks.

The commentary was interesting for Norwich's first goal as well because it struck me that the pair of them were determined to make sure no blame for it was attached to Ben Wilson. Quite the opposite in fact, he was reckoned to have done very well to keep the cross out and then there was a laughable claim that Cameron Jerome had given City's keeper "the eyes" as he beat him on the near post - methinks they doth protest too much :hehe:.

Also, the pictures clearly show Alex Tettey grabbing Matt Connolly's shirt for the whole of the incident when Rickie Lambert almost scored from Aron Gunnarsson's long throw in the first half - it's a clear penalty, but ref Langford is obviously not a graduate of the Mike Dean school of officiating.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
12-09-16, 07:27
Of course he meant it, Whitts has always been capable of that and I always say the volleyed pass he hit against Coventry to provide Jay Bothroyd's first ever goal for us was probably the best ball I've ever seen from a Cardiff player.

However, I've just been watching the extended highlights of the Norwich game on the club website and the next time Whittingham features after that pass, he's being beaten far too easily by one of the Murphy twins in our right back area and that's the dilemma any City manager of the last few seasons has with him. They all feel he has to play deeper these days (and as they see him in training every day and have access to all sorts of data which helps them make their decision, I'm prepared to trust them on their judgment on this matter), but that means we have someone who is a bit of a liability defensively playing just in front of our centrebacks.

The commentary was interesting for Norwich's first goal as well because it struck me that the pair of them were determined to make sure no blame for it was attached to Ben Wilson. Quite the opposite in fact, he was reckoned to have done very well to keep the cross out and then there was a laughable claim that Cameron Jerome had given City's keeper "the eyes" as he beat him on the near post - methinks they doth protest too much :hehe:.

Also, the pictures clearly show Alex Tettey grabbing Matt Connolly's shirt for the whole of the incident when Rickie Lambert almost scored from Aron Gunnarsson's long throw in the first half - it's a clear penalty, but ref Langford is obviously not a graduate of the Mike Dean school of officiating.

The Ref was shocking on Saturday Paul.
Spedger

thehumblegringo
12-09-16, 07:41

I remember that Coventry pass. It was on a Tuesday night, kind of a half volley with back spin. superb.

I see Whittingham as our Wayne Rooney, a key player but almost impossible to find a position for.

The difference between us and United is that we have got Ralls and Gunnarsson and they've got Pogba, Martial, Zlatan!

I think our midfield has needed a major overhaul for ages but for some reason it never gets addressed.

Whittingham has got stacks of ability but no athleticism whilst others have got the opposite and there are one or two who offer nothing in my opinion

life on mars
12-09-16, 09:03
Our best player for a very long time now , play to his strengths and not except him to be a Gary Medel , and you have a decent quality player at this level , its bit like asking Lambert to be n up an down winger .

life on mars
12-09-16, 09:06
I remember that Coventry pass. It was on a Tuesday night, kind of a half volley with back spin. superb.

I see Whittingham as our Wayne Rooney, a key player but almost impossible to find a position for.

The difference between us and United is that we have got Ralls and Gunnarsson and they've got Pogba, Martial, Zlatan!

I think our midfield has needed a major overhaul for ages but for some reason it never gets addressed.

Whittingham has got stacks of ability but no athleticism whilst others have got the opposite and there are one or two who offer nothing in my opinion

my guess is its not cheap or easy to overall an midfield ask Man U , never mind at this level just need players in the right slots doing the right thing and , pace and alternative of tactic , oh how how we now miss those glorious Slade days

jnc90
12-09-16, 09:42
Not even a question about it. Whitts always has and always will have that in his locker as much as his haters like to think he's lost it.

jamieccfc
12-09-16, 09:45
I think we play him deeper because he hasn't got the legs anymore but I would much rather play him in a free role in front of the midfield and tell him to forget about defending or tracking back

Phill Stants brother
12-09-16, 14:10
The Ref was shocking on Saturday Paul.
Spedger

I've looked and there's no such Ref called Paul Spedger. :sherlock:

NYCBlue
12-09-16, 15:05
Of course he meant it. He's Whitts. And he does what he wants.

Pedro de la Rosa
12-09-16, 16:39

In our position, he's still heads and shoulders above the rest of our midfield, which can be described as pedestrian at best. Hopefully Huws can blossum but we have to try and carry Whitts as best we can as he's the only midfielder with a good passing range that's had a chance this season!

CCFC CASUAL
12-09-16, 16:59
If Whitts had the athleticism to go with his technical ability he wouldn't have spent 10 years at Cardiff City he would have been playing at the very top.
Most players in this division have their flaws that's why they are playing in the 2nd tier.

bobh
12-09-16, 17:12
I think we play him deeper because he hasn't got the legs anymore but I would much rather play him in a free role in front of the midfield and tell him to forget about defending or tracking back

Seconded.