PDA

View Full Version : Really not fussed on this new messageboard

uncle bob
18-09-16, 04:08
Just not the same as the 2 older ones we had.
It's harder to navigate and post links and photos than the old board.
I used to visit this site almost hourly every day but it's not anywhere near as good as it used to be to get to grips with.
Although I have now posted at least 5 threads in last hour which is more than I have posted in the last year of being on here.
Drunken rant over.
Night night.

Thoth
18-09-16, 04:52
Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Ring_Peace
18-09-16, 05:41
Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Ah. The Cardiff Way explained at last.

lennybluebird
18-09-16, 07:11
What's with the four or five adverts bouncing all over the place when you open the forum?.

Thoth
18-09-16, 13:32
What's with the four or five adverts bouncing all over the place when you open the forum?.

What are you using to browse the board? Sounds like you need Adblock Plus.

blue matt
18-09-16, 16:11

Mikes holiday fund :thumbup:

Colonel Cærdiffi
18-09-16, 16:21
Mikes holiday fund :thumbup:

Where's he going? Penarth?

lennybluebird
18-09-16, 16:26
That's what I'm using.

Vimana.
18-09-16, 16:48
That's what I'm using.

Is that a reply to Thoth's suggestion for Adblock+ ?

If you are using Adblock+ (and if it is enabled) then you wouldn't be seeing the numerous adverts 'bouncing about' that you describe.

What Internet browser are you using to view the forum?

Mrs Steve R
18-09-16, 16:56
Is that a reply to Thoth's suggestion for Adblock+ ?

If you are using Adblock+ (and if it is enabled) then you wouldn't be seeing the numerous adverts 'bouncing about' that you describe.

What Internet browser are you using to view the forum?
A few still show up on mine sometimes, if you click Block element on ad block then click on the ads you can add them to the block list.

Vimana.
18-09-16, 16:59
A few still show up on mine sometimes, if you click Block element on ad block then click on the ads you can add them to the block list.

Ah OK. :thumbup:
I don't see any ads at all. Certainly none of those 'big jumpy about ones' which I have suffered when trying to access CCMB from some other PC / Tablet.

goats
18-09-16, 17:51
Ah. The Cardiff Way explained at last.

No the cardiff city way is to find new supporters every decade or so then systematically attempt to drive them away. Now looking back I can see why so many people I've met say the classic line "I used to go down the city", it used to bemuse me why they had stopped but looking at the last few years I can see it clearly and barely ever go myself which was unthinkable 10 years ago. Sometimes I don't even know when we are playing, also unthinkable, defeats don't affect me and no one I know even bothers to go anymore. Amazing but definitely the cardiff city way. Life is just too short to endure such grief I guess.....as for this board I have at least 2 inches of screen between the adds....

Ainsley Harriott
18-09-16, 19:32

What are you using to browse the board? Sounds like you need Adblock Plus.

I get the ads that appear at the top of the page and move the lines of 'clickable' text down slightly as they load over the 1st 5 or so seconds that you're on the page. I often end up clicking a user's name accidentally.

Adblock is really not an option on Android.

Also I seem to have a virus following me around. (based on forum help, I'm torn between it potentially being browser based or router based).

Add it all together with the inability to log in via Chrome For Android, and it becomes difficult to use ccmb these days.