PDA

View Full Version : The worst yet as Derby lay Cardiff’s limitations bare.

the other bob wilson
28-09-16, 09:56
http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Dr Lecter
28-09-16, 10:09
Cheers for that Bob.

An interesting reads as always and some good points raised.

I have to agree with you about the lack of football knowledge by people making the decisions. What we're seeing now is the product of years of mismanagement by people who know nothing about football but like to pretend they know everything.

Sorry to keep banging the same drum but ultimately a poorly run club always comes back to the men at the top making the decisions.

Cyclops
28-09-16, 10:16

Sorry Bob, but I take issue with "Paul Trollope joined us and the general impression he has given about how he wants to play now he is in charge, we are a side that wants to get the ball down and play"

It was pretty obvious for the first ten minutes last night that the instructions were to get the ball up to Lambert. Defenders were looking for him when they were on the ball. And when Ricki went off (looked like an ankle injury after his run for the shot) Plan A went out the window.

life on mars
28-09-16, 12:26

Thanks Paul , once again the only read it town , it was a strange night , almost like a friendly, even when we are losing ,passion and commitment doesn't show , its gone ?? unless they were all upset with the SAM / Nigel events of the day . Derby seem to rise above it though ,or its dressing room apathy , or we missing Russell , perhaps he was bringing something to the party .

the other bob wilson
28-09-16, 14:03
Thanks Paul , once again the only read it town , it was a strange night , almost like a friendly, even when we are losing ,passion and commitment doesn't show , its gone ?? unless they were all upset with the SAM / Nigel events of the day . Derby seem to rise above it though ,or its dressing room apathy , or we missing Russell , perhaps he was bringing something to the party .

Trollope was saying he couldn't fault the players effort in his post match press conference and I don't really think that they aren't trying, to me there's a complete lack of confidence and belief - it's so bad that they don't play with any conviction going forward when it's 0-0 and once we concede at home, you may as well leave because you know there'll be no coming back.

Perhaps Slade's biggest role at the club was to make some players feel better about themselves?. Three big players from last season in Connolly, Ralls and Immers are at nowhere near the level that were at last season, while, as I mentioned in the piece, Morrison is not as threatening from set pieces as he was last year. Would we be seeing better from those players if Slade was still here? I can't really believe that Connolly for one (who had played in teams that had won this division three times before Slade arrived) is playing so poorly because a manager who has operated at levels below this one for most of his career has left.

the other bob wilson
28-09-16, 14:09
Cheers for that Bob.

An interesting reads as always and some good points raised.

I have to agree with you about the lack of football knowledge by people making the decisions. What we're seeing now is the product of years of mismanagement by people who know nothing about football but like to pretend they know everything.

Sorry to keep banging the same drum but ultimately a poorly run club always comes back to the men at the top making the decisions.

I see the club are saying that they are confident there is no case to answer.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/cardiff-city-sam-allardyce-bluebirds-11948711?

Apparently they are "relaxed" about the issue, but that strikes me as a bit of an unfortunate word to use, because the Ravel Morrison loan goes to the heart of so much that is wrong at the club. I wouldn't be surprised if that deal cost us a seven figure sum when and what did we get out of it - twenty odd impressive minutes in his first game against Sheffield Wednesday and a few anonymous sub appearances.

jamieccfc
28-09-16, 14:10
The club as a whole is in a complete mess and we're just digging and digging a deeper hole for ourselves Trollope needs to moved aside asap before it's to late we're just making bad decision after bad decision and we will pay the price for it soon enough

the other bob wilson
28-09-16, 14:19
Sorry Bob, but I take issue with "Paul Trollope joined us and the general impression he has given about how he wants to play now he is in charge, we are a side that wants to get the ball down and play"

It was pretty obvious for the first ten minutes last night that the instructions were to get the ball up to Lambert. Defenders were looking for him when they were on the ball. And when Ricki went off (looked like an ankle injury after his run for the shot) Plan A went out the window.

Yes, we did look for Lambert at times while he was on and I've got no problem with doing that when the target man involved is good enough and, unlike Kenwyne Jones, is willing enough to make it work, but it wasn't all long ball stuff by any means - we have not been that good at it, but we've been trying to play out from the back for about eighteen months now and in the eleven matches in which Trollope has been in charge, we have tried to play a passing game.

I thought we tried for a while to be a bit more in our opponents faces last night than we have been. It was as if we were trying to exploit Derby's lack of belief - perhaps being a bit more direct was a part of that, but it soon blew itself out and we were back to normal after about twenty minutes.

life on mars
28-09-16, 14:21
The club as a whole is in a complete mess and we're just digging and digging a deeper hole for ourselves Trollope needs to moved aside asap before it's to late we're just making bad decision after bad decision and we will pay the price for it soon enough

Its a pity the club decided to move on Slade so early, another year with him at the helm and begin a gradual handover and control for Trollope , if we going to employee someone directly outside I could then understand the moving on of Slade .

Dr Lecter
28-09-16, 15:36

Thing is even if we do move Trollope out, what happens next?

Whoever replaces him will have to work under the same restrictions - no real money for players and what little you do get has to be approved by three idiots. What decent manager will come under those conditions?

Unless Tan loses his ego and realises that he has to leave the football decisions to people who understand football then we're doomed to failure.

jamieccfc
28-09-16, 15:56

Whoever replaces him will have to work under the same restrictions - no real money for players and what little you do get has to be approved by three idiots. What decent manager will come under those conditions?

Unless Tan loses his ego and realises that he has to leave the football decisions to people who understand football then we're doomed to failure.

I totally agree if we don't make some drastic decisions on the field and upstairs we're only going one way and that will be league 1

Over the Hill
28-09-16, 16:13

I really believe we are doomed to failure. I genuinely believe that the board want to give Trollope as much time as possible, sacking him would cost the club more money in terms of paying him off as well as costs in hiring another manager (unless of course they appoint Lawrence). I feel they will leave it as late as possible before making a decision to sack him and by that time it might be too late.

Hilts
28-09-16, 16:23
I really believe we are doomed to failure. I genuinely believe that the board want to give Trollope as much time as possible, sacking him would cost the club more money in terms of paying him off as well as costs in hiring another manager (unless of course they appoint Lawrence). I feel they will leave it as late as possible before making a decision to sack him and by that time it might be too late.

Totally agree.

We should already today be wondering who the club will be bringing in and the importance of getting the right man.

Trollope should have collected his p45 along with Lennie.

I really believe another month will be too late.

Loramski
28-09-16, 17:32

Good stuff, as always. How has Whitts ended up sitting in front of a back four again? I'd assumed that Trollope was the person who finally convinced Slade that it wasn't a good idea to have him there and waste Ralls by playing him on the left. I'm not saying that Ralls and O'Keefe were a perfect combination in the middle but they gave us some drive and energy in there and complemented each other well. I'm not saying that Whitts was great out wide either but I'm guessing it's what Rich Munn meant on here when he said that Whitts confuses managers, they all want to play him but no one is quite sure where.

Trollope wasn't confused though, he had a plan. He'd play three at the back, this would allow both Whitts and Ralls to play in centre-midfield and we didn't have to worry about Whitts not being good at defending because he'd have three centre backs to protect him, not two. What could go wrong? Well we soon found that out, in fact it went so wrong that we had to revert to a flat back four but in the meantime Trollope forgot that Whitts isn't very good in that role and has kept him there while putting Ralls on the left again. Maybe Rich Munn was right all along.

Trollope got a bit confused by Kennedy too last night. He warmed him up for a good five minutes then called for him to get ready around the 70 minute mark. Worth a try for sure. Just give him a free role, let him drift around and maybe give Derby something to think about. However, we somehow managed to win a corner while he was waiting to come on. Trollope must've seen this as a turning point and told Kennedy to put a training top on and warm up some more. I said to my eldest that he wouldn't change things now until we were two down but I didn't have to be Mystic Meg to know that.

There's a guy at work who had no idea what to get his mum for her birthday. In the end, he bought tickets for him and her for last night's game. A treat indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow to see how their night went.

Sloop_Jon_Bee
28-09-16, 17:55
Good read as always Paul. Plenty of analysis that I a and many would agree with. But I can't help but disagree with the following passage
'Zohore has more pace and movement than Lambert, whose main assets lie in other directions, while Gounongbe offers something in between as something of an all rounder.'

I am afraid Zahore and Gounongue offer absolutely nothing in my opinion. They are utter crap.
Spedger